Exhibition Fetish by David Lynch & Christian Louboutin

Dasha Zhukova, the co-founder of fashion label Kova & T, and the new Editor-in-Chief of Pop magazine, looked stunning, as usual, at this event.

The sultry brunette wore a white and lilac Rodarte Spring 2009 halter neck dress, with metallic Louboutin’s.

I must say I prefer the look with the cropped leather jacket below, but she does have the style and grace to pull off such an overpowering dress.

Unlike the last time Julia Restoin-Roitfeld wore a Balmain mini dress, she opted out of wearing tights, but that’s probably because this Spring 2009 dress is longer.

Like in Lucy Liu’s Vogue China editorial, Julia didn’t wear the runway belt, which quite frankly goes against the dress.

I love the hot pink colour, the embellishments between the criss-cross details, and the sexy silhouette this dress gives her, but I really dislike the Miu Miu heels.

They feel so clumsy with this outstanding dress. The dress deserved better.

Boutique owner Aizel Trudel, wore that stunning green sequined Balmain knock-out dress we first saw on Jennifer Connelly at the He’s Just Not That Into You LA premiere.

Thankfully her tights are sheer. Opaque tights would have killed this look.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

"Hannah Montana The Movie" Nashville Screening

"Hannah Montana The Movie" Nashville Screening

In Katy Perry's Closet - Matthew Williamson For H&M Peacock Dress

In Katy Perry’s Closet – Matthew Williamson For H&M Peacock Dress

11 Responses to Exhibition Fetish by David Lynch & Christian Louboutin

1. Anonymous April 10, 2009 at 14:35 #

Thank you for this post) especially for Aizel

From Russia With Love

2. Fashion Critic April 10, 2009 at 14:39 #

You are welcome. Thanks for the extra pictures.

3. Ling April 10, 2009 at 15:56 #

It looks like Dasha not only took her jacket off, she switched shoes too – personally I prefer the silver heels. I love that purple Balmain dress, I keep trying to find the Zara version but I haven’t been successful so far :(

4. Fashion Critic April 10, 2009 at 16:00 #

Oh you are right, she has changed her shoes. I thought it was just the light.

Keep checking Zara. Maybe they haven’t added it to the shop floor yet. Don’t give up.

5. Anonymous April 10, 2009 at 16:20 #

I actually love Julia’s heels but, just not with the dress. They look like Miu Miu to me.

T

6. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 10, 2009 at 17:58 #

wow, these three ladies look amazing.
    i actually like aizel better in this dress than jennifer conolly. but i’m not sure…maybe you should do a who wore it better post for me to truly decide.

7. wi April 10, 2009 at 18:10 #

Aizel Trudel doesn’t look hot in that dress, it didn’t accentuate her body type. Jennifer Conolly definitely worked that green Balmain dress better. And same goes for Julia who looks a bit messy with her Balmain dress. And i agree, Dasha Zhukova looks lovely but with the leather jacket over her dress she looks outstanding.

8. Sydne April 10, 2009 at 18:20 #

OMG, Dasha is stunning. Def my vote for Best Dressed this week.

9. Fashion Critic April 11, 2009 at 09:05 #

T, they do look like Miu Miu.

Thanks

10. Nino April 12, 2009 at 13:59 #

These shoes just totally kill the pink Balmain dress.

11. Olviya April 15, 2009 at 12:30 #

i like the last Balmain collection, but the point is they are fitting only skinny girls. i dont think it was right desicion for Aizel.