Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? January Jones or Marisa Miller

We find it hard to forgive red carpet re-runs at high profile events, because the pictures are beamed all over the world, so there should be no excuse for not knowing x has already worn the same dress.

At 60th Primetime Emmy Awards January Jones wore this white Dolce & Gabbana corset gown. This is about the time she was just getting into her red carpet groove.

We were shocked when model Marisa Miller arrived at the 44th annual Academy Of Country Music Awards this weekend, wearing the same dress.

Shocked because she hadn’t done her red carpet homework, but then not so shocked that she worked the hell out of this dress, with her freakishly perfect body.

When you are up against a supermodel, there is usually only one winner. Marisa wins this for me.

Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Runway To "National Gay and Lesbian Force 2009 New York Leadership Awards" - Lucy Liu In Giambattista Valli

Runway To "National Gay and Lesbian Force 2009 New York Leadership Awards" – Lucy Liu In Giambattista Valli

12 Responses to Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? January Jones or Marisa Miller

1. Freida fan April 8, 2009 at 08:02 #

Marissa looks smoking in this gown. it fits her perfectly so i shall excuse the faux pas.

2. Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 08:15 #

I don’t care if Marissa wore a repeat, she looks AMAZING in that dress and completely blew January out of the water. No questions asked.

3. Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 10:37 #

If I remember correctly, Didn’t Victoria Beckham wear a short version of this dress as well?

4. Fashion Critic April 8, 2009 at 10:41 #

yes, and Lopez. It’s a hot dress.

5. SydneyCheapChic April 8, 2009 at 11:14 #

It’s totally unfair to go up against a supermodel!! But my vote still goes for Marisa..

6. Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 11:18 #

Actually Lopez wore a different dress. The same one Padma Lakshmi wore to the Bravo Z-list Awards. Marissa Looks cheap to me, so January wins.

7. Fashion Critic April 8, 2009 at 11:23 #

Yes I different versions of essentially same bustier dress.

Thanks for your comments.

8. Mónica B April 8, 2009 at 11:36 #

Penelope Cruz wore a black version of the long dress. I think January Jones is the most elegant of all .

9. shoeaholic April 8, 2009 at 12:02 #

I actually think January Jones’ body looks way hotter than Marisa Miller’s! Look at het cinched in waist, if that is not a va-va-voom body, I don’t know what is!

10. Dana April 8, 2009 at 15:35 #

I agree! marisa actually makes it look less classy and special. I love January in it!

11. Jajababy April 8, 2009 at 18:08 #

I voted for January. She looks exquisite in this gown.

12. Raquel April 8, 2009 at 18:49 #

I think those two photos are the perfect example of how a dress can be used in different ways and the women wearing them stilllook amazing.

Marisa is all va-va-voom with the hair, the pose, the sexy hip to the side.

January is more romantic with the hair band, and the smaller earrings.

I love both equally but I’m voting for January because it’s a good way to wear a very sexy dress in a subdued manner and that, playing with the images a dress may create is half of the fun of fashion, IMO.