Miley Cyrus For Teen Vogue May 2009

For the first time ever, I’m totally in love with Miley Cyrus. Her cover and editorial for the May 2009 edition of Teen Vogue, has her looking cute, and age appropriate.

I love the hippy/bohemian feel to the shoot, the daisy’s in her hair, and the picture of her on a horse.

Miley will begin shooting her first dramatic film this summer, a role Nicholas Sparks (author of The Notebook) wrote specifically with her in mind. “I’d like to do something like Revolutionary Road or Garden State next,” Miley muses. “I definitely want to be more challenged.”

Here are some more extracts from her interview:

On her fellow Hollywood stars: “Jude Law is so adorable in ‘The Holiday’, Javier Bardem, is so sexy, and Gerard Butler. You’ve seen him in ‘P.S. I Love You’, right? My favorite. I bawled my eyes out. Scarlett Johansson. She is, honestly, the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. I went to ‘He’s Just Not That into You’ with Justin, and I was covering his eyes. I’m not a huge Rob Pattinson fan. Girls aren’t really in love with Rob; they’re in love with Edward.”

On love at first sight: “I believe in love at first sight. It just hasn’t happened to me. The first time I saw Justin, I walked right by him. Love doesn’t come from attraction, but from somewhere deeper. [Justin] is my best friend.”

On writing with BFFs Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, or Taylor Swift: “Demi and I are the most alike. I like to keep my friendship separate. Otherwise, competition starts.”

This issue hits newsstand April 14.

You can shop Miley’s shoot by buying her See by Chloe floral smock dress from Net-A-Porter’s US site for $600, or the international site for £345/€445.

Source & Source

Zoe Saldana For Net-A-Porter's THE EDIT

Zoe Saldana For Net-A-Porter’s THE EDIT

Halle Berry For Harper's Bazaar US May 2009

Halle Berry For Harper’s Bazaar US May 2009

14 Responses to Miley Cyrus For Teen Vogue May 2009

1. Lily April 7, 2009 at 16:17 #

I really tried to like this- but for me this isn’t working at all. Little Miley with daisies in her hair, sitting on a field and playing guitar. That’s too much Disney for me.
    (And Miley Cyrus in “something like Revolutionary Road or Garden State”? Now that’s funny, isn’t it?)

2. Fashion Critic April 7, 2009 at 16:51 #

LOL. Lily I understand what you are saying, and from which angle you are looking at this.

3. Anonymous April 7, 2009 at 17:00 #

I think she looks super adorable here! She’s finally wearing something that’s suitable for her!

4. Lauren April 7, 2009 at 17:25 #

I think this is an adorable shoot! She looks really cute. I especially love the cover and the 1st shot

5. robbie April 7, 2009 at 18:07 #

aww how adorable, she is a still a sk*nk though.

i love that her dad actually introduced her to justin, WTF what father in their right mind would actually introduce their 16 year old daughter to a guy in his 20s. the whole cyrus family are messed up.

cant wait for a few more years once disney sack her and she becomes a nobody and then liuttle kids whill stop acting as if she is a god.

my rant is officially over lol.

the chloe dress is cute, but not on her.

6. amy b.s. April 7, 2009 at 19:15 #

i’m a little torn on this shoot. i think it’s much more age appropriate for her and what she’s trying to accomplish, but it seems really staged which isn’t like most vogue shoots. it seems a little too unnatural…i can’t put my finger on it.

7. Fashion Critic April 7, 2009 at 19:31 #

I think the conflict in our minds over this shoot is because we are not used to seeing her look like a teen.

Soft make-up, cute dresses. Not the Miley we know.

8. Paulo April 8, 2009 at 03:53 #

To see Miley look like this is absolutely refreshing. It’s much more appropriate and her look is softer. Which is good, considering the movie that she is trying to promote.

I hate her makeup in a lot of red carpet events, the sometimes look to heavy and pageant like.

9. Easter Sms April 8, 2009 at 06:44 #

it’s an adorable shoot! She looks really cute,and also cute dress.

10. Raquel April 8, 2009 at 19:01 #

I agree with FC the problem with all those teen stars shots is that their fashion shots seldom reflects the way they appear on the red carpet.

Miley, Demi, Selena, even Taylor who is a bit older, they all dress the same dresses of 30 years old women on the red carpet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it is like they are playing in mom’s closet.

Ten there’s a magazine and the fashion editors remember they are all 15, 16, 17.

I don’t blame those kids, teenhood is bad enough without being scrutinized by the media 24/7, but clearly when it is about fashion they are dmaned if they do and damned if they don’t.

This said those pics are cute and I like the dress.

11. Anonymous April 9, 2009 at 15:17 #

All this screams to me is: great dress, butterface.

It’s not very inspired or particularly well executed.

The result: I feel nothing about it.

12. whitestroke April 14, 2009 at 21:51 #

The only shot that kinda works is the one with See by Chloe dress.

I’m annoyed by such young stars these days who sound so rushed to get and do everything career-wise and like NOW. She’s 16, where’s the rush? Back in the 70s-80s actresses would start making their first films when they were 30. Especially all these faux-multi talents, that both sing and act, but they’re not really THAT exceptionally talented for either.

13. Lala aka S-R April 17, 2009 at 19:32 #

For once she looks like her damn age!

14. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:16 #

This was a great shoot and interview for Miley. It truly showed who she is.