America Ferrera’s Gotham Magazine Cover Launch Party

America Ferrera looked gorgeous at the Gotham Magazine Party held in her honour last tonight.

The chic cover star wore a light blue cap sleeve Malandrino Resort 2009 dress, with a dramatic deep v-neck.

I love everything about this look. The colour, the collar, the plunging neckline, the interesting square panel that draws in her waist, her hair, and her make-up.

This is the best I’ve seen America look, for a long time.

Her gorgeous cast-mates were there to support her.

Becki Newton wore the 3.1 Phillip Lim winding zipper ruffle dress, which both Kate Bosworth and Lucy Liu have worn already.

The unique semi-sheer black dress has winding, layered metal zips from the collar to the hemline, which the star wears with black pointy pumps.

Despite this being a re-run, Becki still injects a bit of freshness to the dress.

Vanessa Williams continues her love affair with Matthew Williamson’s electric prints.

For this event she wore a Matthew Williamson Ambroise georgette dress. The striking silk dress has a low v-neck, cap sleeves, and tie at the waist.

I couldn’t find a full-length picture of Vanessa, but I’ll hope that she didn’t wear black heels with this dress, vivid yellow would have been awesome.

Vanessa looks flawless, and you can too if you buy this dress from Net-A-Porter’s US site for $1,225, or the international site for £575/€690.

Source & Source

Runway To "Coco Avant Chanel" Paris Premiere - Audrey Tautou In Chanel

Runway To "Coco Avant Chanel" Paris Premiere – Audrey Tautou In Chanel

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

12 Responses to America Ferrera’s Gotham Magazine Cover Launch Party

1. Frederik April 7, 2009 at 12:06 #

America really works that dress. She looks better than the model!!

2. Fashion Critic April 7, 2009 at 12:12 #

I agree, she totally fills it better than the model.

3. Elisa April 7, 2009 at 13:52 #

I don’t recall America looking this good… Ever. Everything is perfect! I’m in awe. What a beautiful dress for such a beautiful girl, really.

4. Ling April 7, 2009 at 13:58 #

I agree too, America looks so gorgeous! I think it’s so sweet that her co-stars were there to support her.

5. Flora April 7, 2009 at 14:26 #

She’s wearing black strappy heels – Rex have a full length pic!

(You’re right, though, orange or yellow shoes would have really set this off nicely)

6. Fashion Critic April 7, 2009 at 14:50 #

Flora, I’m a lot disappointed to hear that, but at the same time I’m not really surprised.

7. robbie April 7, 2009 at 17:36 #

america looks really nice, the dress is stunning. i love the square detail.

becki. would have been perfect if she had done more with her hair.

vanessa, as always looks amazing, the colours work fantastic with her skin tone. i frickin love her.

8. Lonely Planet April 7, 2009 at 17:48 #

no but I think Becki & America should exchange their dress!

9. Paulo April 8, 2009 at 03:46 #

I like the dress on America but I’m not completely in love with the hair. I don’t exactly hate it either.

I like the Phillip Lim on Becki.

I think Vanessa Williams really gets what the red carpet is all about. So many celebrities hire stylist to make the look perfectly acceptable to everyone and end up looking very safe.

When I look at red carpet events, I want gasp worthy dresses and bold women who ‘own’ their looks. Vanessa gets that.

10. Raquel April 8, 2009 at 19:07 #

Vanessa is fiercy, meooooow. I whole hearted agree with Paulo, Vanessa never plays safe and really gets what the red carpet is about.

America, America, why the lack shoes?

11. Anonymous April 9, 2009 at 15:20 #

I wish someone would tell America her sternum isn’t the feature to maximise.

I actually prefer the dress on the model.

I always feel America’s trying to do her best with the pieces she’s given rather than making them her own.

12. witestroke April 14, 2009 at 21:45 #

A bit of a deja vu for me. Reminds me of that Brian Reyes dress she wore last year. Mainly because of the similar color. And the hair is same, I think.
    A deja vu with Becki, too. Beautiful dress, but we’ve seen it few times already.