06.04.09

Bravo’s 2nd Annual A-List Awards

RUINED, Ruined, ruined. I can never look at this Chloe Spring 2009 dress with any type of love or affection since it has been worn by Aubrey O’Day.

I refused to love anything she has worn, even if she did wear it in a pretty peachy colour.

She should have strapped her breast down, or worn the dress with the runway belt, then maybe the dress wouldn’t have been bunch up around her breasts, making the dress look incredibly awkward.

*crys – Whhhyyyeeee*

Jenny McCartney does her best to erase the previous image from my mind, by looking gorgeous in a tropical print Gucci Spring 2009 mini dress, worn with a taupe leather wrap around tie-belt.

Her hair is not rocking my world, but her Gucci Spring 2009 platform heels are.

With her blunt bob, Paris Hilton wears a fuchsia pink dress, which is structured to give her more hips.

The star wears her Santino Rice dress with her favourite silver Gina pumps, and her very favourite Christian Louboutin Maykimay clutch.

Rachel Zoe sure does love her flowing gowns. This grey chiffon Notte by Marchesa gown, has wonderful gold embellished neckline.

I must say she’s really looking good these days.

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw Shanna Moakler wearing this strapless Oscar de la Renta black silk faille Shibori dress from the Spring 2009 collection.

Don’t get me wrong she looks fantastic in the black and white dress, but it’s not a brand I would’ve thought she would wear.

I like it when celebs surprise me on the red carpet.

Bethenny Frankel wore a the dove grey gown version of the RM by Roland Mouret Moon dress, we were drooling over 2 years ago, when it was first worn by Victoria Beckham.

She does look amazing in this gown. The beauty of Roland Mouret’s work is that it’s timeless.

Chelsea Handler is not one I would normally watch on the red carpet, but I love her Dolce & Gabbana bustier tulip dress, and matching gold Mary Norton clutch.

What lets her down – I’m sure you’ll agree – is her hair.

From the D List, to this so called A List event, Kathy Griffin for once looks outstanding in her black sequined dress. I’m sure she opened her mouth and ruined everything, but in pictures she looks great.

Kelly Rowland’s electric blue Issa plunge front dress is right on trend, but that curly ‘do is bringing back painful jheri curl memories.

After her maroon Prada gown from a few weeks ago, Milla Jovovich appears to have fallen in love with the colour, as she wore a maroon dress again for this event.

Gold accessories were the perfect touch, to add more warmth to this look.

Kim Kardashian wears a very sexy black velvet Thierry Mugler dress with black accessories, including a black Mary Norton clutch.

The dress really does stand out, and gives her a great silhouette, but my problem is that this dress feels to serious for such a light-hearted event. She should have saved this for a more worthy event.

Wearing waaaayyy too much foundation, Khloe Kardashian wears a multi-coloured belt with her LBD. The only thing I like here are her nude accessories, as you know they are very on trend.

Celebs sure do love Dolce & Gabbana’s white bustier dresses. This is the second one of the weekend. First the gown version was worn by Marisa Miller at the CMAs, now Padma Lakshmi.

Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

In Ginnifer Goodwin's Closet - Matthew Williamson For H&M

In Ginnifer Goodwin’s Closet – Matthew Williamson For H&M

On The "Five Killers" Set With Katherine Heigl In Oscar de la Renta

On The “Five Killers” Set With Katherine Heigl In Oscar de la Renta

16 Responses to Bravo’s 2nd Annual A-List Awards

1. wi April 6, 2009 at 14:57 #

hmm, love how a lot of the women are looking very fresh. Rachel looks amazingggggg, and Paris as well. Jenny McCartney looks stunning as well, but I do wish she’d had worn the dress styled like on the runway,like the top of the front part is sitting way too high up, she should have thrown some fabric more to the front. It would definitely give the silk more movement, it’s looking a bit like a shirt. ;/

2. Anonymous April 6, 2009 at 15:08 #

What the hell is going on with every bodies hair?
    It’s quite ironic it being called the A-list awards when it so obviously isn’t. But, I do feel the same as you fashion critic about Aubrey’s dress, what a shame.
    By the way didn’t J Lo wear that last Dolce dress?

T

3. Eva April 6, 2009 at 15:45 #

Incredible how American “beauties” are all SO overprocessed. Over bleached hair, over made up complexions, garish make up colors, unrecognizable nails… It seems like the epitome of beauty across the atlantic is “reinvent yourself”. They all look real cheap compared with the chic, natural european stylish women portrayed on The Sartorialist.
    Where is the american style I love? Lauren Santo Domingo? Erin Wasson? Sexy women with a trendy, edgy instinct and a gift for that extra stylish touch…
    And Rachel Zoe wears those massive gowns because she is uncannily skinny, to say the least…
    Love from sunny Madrid, your blog is truly a daily inspiration, thanks so much for your work and great taste!!

4. Fashion Critic April 6, 2009 at 15:47 #

You are too kind Eva. Gracias from a surprisingly sunny London.

5. wi April 6, 2009 at 16:07 #

OH and I believe Shanna Moakler’s shoes are Fendi S/S 07, but i can be mistaken.

6. Raquel April 6, 2009 at 16:37 #

Nobody really impress me here, because head from toe there is something missing or wrong.

The only look I like is Klhoe, because it’s young, sassy and, fresh. I’ve seen other pics of her at that event and she looks incridbly sad, though.

Love Rachel’s dress, but it’s a ten on her.

7. robbie April 6, 2009 at 17:10 #

aubrey, hate this sk*nk with a passion, and hate everything she wears. vile little…..! it was a gorgeous dress on the runway but not now.

jenny, looks stunning, but the bleach blonde hair is terrible. i never understand why women dye there hair bleach blonde, it is weven more aging than grey hair.

paris, looks fabulous, everything is great, i love her bob now, it grew on me.

rachel for once she looks okay, but for such a gorgeous dress, she chose a boring ass colour.

shanna, wow she looks great. dont know who she is though.

bethenny, is is a nice dress, i love the detail at the bust. the shorter version is nicer though.

chelsea she is fantastic, i love her for so many reasons. the dress looks great, i dont mind the hair.

kathy, im shocked she looks so good, a bit too much surgery though but damn the dress and shoes are gorgeous.

kelly, the dress fabulous, shoes very nice. hair NOOOOOO.

milla, she has oficially stole the style tiara from diane kruger, she is just wow.

kim another great looks for her, the the colour is a bit iffy. her make-up is great though and so it her hair.

khloe, fabulous… i think not. the off the shoulder look would have been great if the dress didnt have the black strip across it.

padma, im so fed up of seeing dolce and gabbana corset dresses EVERYWHERE now. it is becoming boring really so god damn boring.

8. Fashion Critic April 6, 2009 at 17:17 #

Wi, they are very similar, but Shanna Moakler’s have a gold piece on the bottom of the T bar

9. zark April 6, 2009 at 18:16 #

The collar of Aubrey’s dress is very different from the Chloe one. Doesn’t seem like the same dress. The scrunching isn’t because there was no belt, but because of the different collar and the fact that the dress is a little loose on her.

10. Fashion Critic April 6, 2009 at 18:52 #

You are so right Payal. Thanks a lot.

11. Meg April 6, 2009 at 19:51 #

I can’t believe I’m saying this about Kim Kardashian, but she’s been looking very pretty lately. Every one else is kinda blah.

12. m a u April 6, 2009 at 20:52 #

rachel zoe looks so good (;

13. kim April 6, 2009 at 21:48 #

i think kim looked the best. shes soooo beautiful

14. Anonymous April 8, 2009 at 07:26 #

I don’t know what most of you are talking about, I usually think Kim K looks pretty nice, but this time she looks awful! Her hair looks like it was slicked back with a whole tub of gel or something, and her makeup makes her look like a doll!

15. whitestroke April 14, 2009 at 21:34 #

Aubrey, what has Chloe ever done to you to ruin it so shamelessly? :(

Milla Jovovich is stunning.