06.04.09

44th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards

Best Dressed Award
Carrie Underwood always looks fantastic on the red carpet, but I feel like she deliberately stepped it up a gear for this event.

The ‘hint of pink’ one-shouldered Randi Rahm gown was so beautiful, elegant and so far away from what I expected, that she was my best dressed for this event.

Golden Girl/Hips Don’t Lie Award
Kellie Pickler also opted for a golden gown. She looked outstanding, as she showed off her curves in her gold strapless sequin fish scale Zuhar Murad Haute Couture Spring 2009 gown with dramatic train, whilst carrying a Daniel Swarovski gold clutch.

What an absolute knock out. I am amazed at how smokin’ hot her body looks here.

Best Dressed Teen Award
Taylor Swift also changed gears. I was also expecting a blinged out, metallic, heavily embellished dress from her, but instead we got this gorgeous red hot Angel Sanchez Spring 2009 one-shouldered gown, which she complimented with red lipstick.

My first I thought was the gown needed something to nip in her waist, but on hindsight it would have ruined the sleek line of the gown.

The singer wore her dress with Neil Lane jewels, and a VBH envelope clutch.

2 For 2 Can’t Hate Award
I can’t hate Miley Cyrus’ clay grey Monique Lhullier one-shouldered gown, which was jeweled embellished, but I can really hate the hair.

Yes she is a teen, but side pony’s are not acceptable pass the age of 5.

Most Predictable Award
I love Nicole Kidman for the instant glamour she brings to every event, but I would really love to see her embrace other designers more often.

Again we see her another L’Wren Scott gown, from the designers Fall 2009 collection. The turtle-neck gown, with a cut-out back, and revealing split was a great look for the actress, who was at this event to support her husband.

Oh, did I mention L’Wren Scott is her stylist?

Best Carrie Underwood Impersonation Award
As much as I love Julianne Hough’s gold and bronze beaded v-neck Zuhair Murad gown, I just keep thinking that this is something Carrie Underwood would have worn to this same event maybe 2 years ago.

Gorgeous girl, gorgeous dress, but the de ja vu’s got me thinking mmmm?

Just OK Award
After Jennifer Nettles amazing dress at the Grammy’s this gorgeous lilac plunge-neck gown feels like a safe choice. I would have liked to see her wear something more lively, to go with her fun loving personality.

She looks hot though.

Most Disappointing Award
With all the colour on the red carpet, I am surprised LeAnn Rimes opted for a LBD.

I love the serpent ring and gladiators though.

Best White Gown Award
There were a lot of white gowns on this red carpet, but I particularly loved Jennifer Love Hewitt’s. She wore a white flowing, ethereal Robert Rodriguez halter gown, with a tiered bodice.

I also loved that she wore her hair up.

Best Clutch Award
Miranda Lambert wore a racy red strapless Nicole Miller minidress, but I feel myself more drawn to her gold Mary Norton clutch.

On Trend Award
Martina McBride follows the trend of night wearing a white flowing Badgley Mischka gown. The gown was embellished with embroidered turquoise beads and jewels on her shoulder.

De Ja Vu/Re-Run Award
Marissa Miller should know that re-runs at major events are frowned upon. January Jones wore this very same Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 dress to the Emmy Awards last year.

Next time Marissa, please do your red carpet homework.

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Who Wore Gareth Pugh Better? Beyonce Knowles or Daphne Guinness

Who Wore Gareth Pugh Better? Beyonce Knowles or Daphne Guinness

Carrie Underwood Performs At The Academy of Country Music Awards Wearing Rafael Cennamo

22 Comments

22 Responses to 44th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards

1. sam April 6, 2009 at 11:47 #

what god-awful shoes is nicole kidman wearing??!

2. robbie April 6, 2009 at 11:47 #

carrie, looks great nice to see there isnt any prom queen in sight for once.

kellie, it is gorgeous but it automatically makes me think of marion cotillard when she won her oscar.

taylor, f*cking amazing. i love the little details on the dress.

miley, gorgeous dress, shame its on that sk*nk. the side pony tail WTH. ive only ever seen people wearing a side pony tail at the gym.

nicole, it is predictable, but she looks hot. i wish l’wren would either let nicole wear a few other designers or maybe design some pieces that arent feautured on the runway. her and keith look so good together, and i spy some grey hairs :).

julianne is stunning. the dress is great but i think a nicer colour would have been perfect, the gold is too blingy.

jennifer, dull, dull and another splash of dull. nice colour though.

leanne, i guess she is hoping to not stick out, especially with the recent scandal about her and eddie.

jennifer, i love the white against her skin. it is gorgeous simple but nice, i just wish she had something a little more like a little embellishment.

miaranda, gorgeous, everything is gorgeous. the clutch though is lovely.

martina, WOW simple stunning. it is perfect. so much nicer than JLH, to be honest.

marissa, the dress is nice. it was probably the only nice dress that featured on the runway in that collection.

3. Ling April 6, 2009 at 13:16 #

No Worst Dressed Awards?

I would have said Taylor Swift is the Best Dressed out of the lot – totally unexpected! I’d like to see her with straight hair though. I don’t really mind Miley Cyrus’ hair that much (Carrie Underwood has a side pony tail too!) but it’s annoying that it’s covering the embellished shoulder of her dress.

4. Fashion Critic April 6, 2009 at 13:22 #

Ling, honestly, I didn’t hate anyone.

Who would you have put on a worst dressed list? :)

5. Terry April 6, 2009 at 13:42 #

The dress Nicole Kidman wore was amazing, but her face is becoming more and more strange…

6. Anonymous April 6, 2009 at 13:56 #

Julianne’s dress reminds me of the black Zuhair Murad dress Beyonce once wore – I prefer black, gold is too blingy for me ;)

Nicole looks amazing except for her face …

Taylor looks great, but I do agree with Ling about the hair – it would be really refreshing to see her with straight hair once :)

and I love LeAnn’s LBD – I think it’s really interesting. She looks really good and stands out among all those gowns :)

Lexa

7. Anonymous April 6, 2009 at 14:15 #

Oh, and I forgot, I wanted to write about the purple dress Martina McBride wore when she was on stage – simply lovely!

Lexa

8. Anonymous April 6, 2009 at 17:18 #

Aww…I really like the side pony. Not the way Miley did it with the dress…but a low side pony can be cute.

Who wears BLACK to the CMA, btw?

9. Fashion Critic April 6, 2009 at 17:28 #

LOL Anon, if it works for you don’t worry about it :)

Oh and I totally agree, black has no place at the CMAs

10. Ling April 6, 2009 at 17:55 #

I would have probably put Kellie Pickler for Worst Dressed (sorry!) – if her dress had been a different colour maybe I would have liked it more, but metallic gold makes it look too tacky, and her chest looks a bit squashed! I do love her hair and makeup though.

11. Dana April 6, 2009 at 18:27 #

I agree about Kellie, Ling.

Wow! This must have been a great event if you couldn’t come up with a Worst Dressed List, FC. That’s great =)

12. Iris April 6, 2009 at 18:59 #

LeAnn Rimes has no eyes!!
    I love Carrie’s dress, I hate the puppet make-up…
    Jennifer Love Hewitt looked amazzzzzing though!

lots of love FC

13. Dee April 6, 2009 at 21:08 #

What I want to know why in the world you didn’t mention Leanne Womack’s HORRIBLE dress! She looked like she was trying to be 15 again … even the teenagers at the event were better dressed! What a disappointment from such a typically classy woman.

14. Anissa April 6, 2009 at 21:56 #

What, no mention of Reba (the host) and her gorgeous ombre gown?!

15. Lauren April 6, 2009 at 22:49 #

Carrie- Gorgeous as usual. She’s got amazing style!

Kellie- Wow! I wish I had a figure like hers! She looks amazing!

Taylor- I like this dress but it seems alittle mis-fitting in some pictures? Glad its not blinged out!

Miley- If she had done her hair differently then I may have said she looked better than Taylor. He hair isn’t bad, its just if your gonna do a side ponytail with a one-shouldered dress, you should have your hair tied at your bare-armed side to show off the fancy detail on her dress.

Nicole- She looks terrible. I really hate this dress, and it is far too predictable for her. I think Ill have a heart attack if she ever decided to wear another designer.

Juilianne- Gorgeous, it looks really good on her. But like you, I think that Carrie Underwood would have wore something like this a few years ago.

Jennifer- Not the most exciting of dressed but still pretty nice. Its a lovely colour.

LeAnne- I hate to see black on the red carpet especially at events like this.

Jennifer- This is such a lovely dress and it looks really cute on her. She suits white.

Miranda- Not really liking the dress, but the colour looks lovely on her.

Martina- This is such a pretty dress! Im glad the shoulder is embellished, otherwise it would have looked very boring.

Marissa- I knew I recognised this dress! Still she looks good in it.

16. leo April 7, 2009 at 00:06 #

Leave to the country girls to always bring the tacky and the overdressing. Fug overload here.

17. Elle Woods April 7, 2009 at 04:45 #

doesn’t Carrie Underwood also have a side swept ponytail?

18. Paulo April 7, 2009 at 08:41 #

Jennifer Love Hewitt always plays it safe…she’s worn that same style of a dress in like a purple’ish color…Badgley Mischka maybe?

FC, I’m really surprised that you didn’t think that Miley’s Lhuillier dress is way too old for her…maybe it’s just me because I can totally see Kim Catrall or Teri Hatcher rock this dress.

19. Fashion Critic April 7, 2009 at 18:19 #

I was just happy it was a nice dress.

But I do agree it would have been better suited to Kim and Teri like you mentioned.

20. Fashion Critic April 7, 2009 at 18:23 #

Dee, I just looked up her dress and it was horrible indeed, maybe my eyes blanked it out LOL

21. nene June 18, 2009 at 14:35 #

Carrie’s dress is amazing. I love everything

Kellie looks stunning in this dress. *sighs*

I love Taylor’s dress and everything, but there’s something about the hair that bothers me.

I love Miley’s dress, but I don’t knnow about the side ponytail(Carrie has one to)

Nocole is predictable, but she looks great in that dress. Love the open back.

julianne’s dress is gorgeous. I love everything. It does remind of something carrie wore wear(At the CMT the dress Julianne wore reminds me alot of the dress Carrie wore at the People’s Chioce.)

I love Jennifer’s dress. I love the color and the neckline.

I like Leeann’s dress but I wish she had wore something more colorful.

Jennifer Love Hewit’s dress it stunning. It feels angel-like.

I love everything about Miranda.

I love Matrina’s dress and how she adds turquoise to make the dress pop more.

Marissa looks hot in her dress.

22. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:08 #

~Jennifer Love Hewitt is stunning in her gown
    ~Taylor Swift was STUNNING and surprising. Everyone expected her to out-sparkle (literally) Kellie Pickler, but she chose a marvelously tailored Angel Sanchez gown.
    ~Martina McBride is gorgeous and sweet.
    ~Carrie, Nicole and even Miley brought out some glam.
    ~Nicole’s dress is perfect for her- prim, chicly sexy and L’Wren Scott. Even though everyone knew she was going to wear this, she is still stunning!