03.04.09

Social Events Of The Week

The Rodeo Drive Walk Of Style Plaque Unveiling, LA

Anne Hathaway and fashion designer Valentino Garavani seem inseparable that the moment. They attended the plaque unveiling presentation, of Valentino being inducted into the Rodeo Drive Walk Of Style.

Valentino is the 13th fashion leader to receive the honour, joining Manolo Blahnik, Tom Ford and Giorgio Armani.

Anna is radiant. She looks so fresh-faced, I feel like she is about to shoot a cosmetic campaign.

She wore a Valentino Pre-Fall 2009 belted champagne and pink floral satin dress, with a symbolic Valentino red coat, and nude peep-toe Louboutin’s.

Breath-taking.

Parsons Fashion Benefit, New York

Speaking of radiant and fresh faced. Leighton Meester is back on her A game wearing this white Calvin Klein Spring 2009 dress.

Her lilac Balenciaga peep-toes booties are more appeasing to the eye, unlike those Reebok sneakers we saw recently.

Race To Witch Mountain Madrid Premiere

Carla Gugino wore a gorgeous tomato red satin Georges Chakra Couture Fall 2008 dress.

From the front you think it’s just another plain dress, but the back is were the magic happens.

The actress completes her look with Christian Louboutin Bow T Dorcet heels. Taylor Swift wore these in a previous post. Could this be the new ‘it’ shoe?

Origins Kicks-Off The Return To Origins Recycling Program, LA

Jessica Stroup really embodies the Spring time feeling I have been having, wearing an eggshell moire embroidered Brian Reyes Spring 2009 skirt, with a nude low v drop top by the same designer.

Her look was complete with nude Jimmy Choo Corsica strappy sandals.

2009 Pleasure Summit, Turkey

Eva Mendes wore a Moschino Cheap and Chic royal blue silk sleeveless pleated v-neck dress, with ivory heels to complete her look.

La Perla Shopping Party, LA

Kristen Bell wears a incredibly exquisite La Perla ivory embroidered mini dress. A French Connection box clutch, and strappy sandals complete the look.

Starlight Children’s Foundation’s Annual “A Stellar” Gala, LA

Teri Hatcher looks beyond fabulous in this lavender one-shouldered Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2009 satin dress.

When she’s hot, she’s hot.

“Hair” Broadway Revival Opening Night, New York

Ginnifer Goodwin looks cute in a black Calvin Klein split sleeved dress, with a black belt. Her clutch and shoes are by Stella McCartney, her smile is still absent.

Source & Source

Michelle Obama Wears Thakoon To The NATO Summit Arrival Ceremony

Michelle Obama Wears Thakoon To The NATO Summit Arrival Ceremony

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

21 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Ling April 3, 2009 at 17:22 #

Anne Hathaway looks stunning! I have to say I prefer her outfit with the coat though. As much as I love Carla Gugino’s dress (and shoes!) I really wish she chose a different hairstyle, it just ages her so much.

2. Pauline April 3, 2009 at 17:30 #

I really love Jessica Stroup look!
    Am I wrong or that seem nude Corsica Jimmy Choo?

3. Fashion Critic April 3, 2009 at 17:40 #

I was thinking that too. I think you are right.

4. Lauren April 3, 2009 at 18:54 #

Anne- Wow, can she look any more amazing? She is stunning and I love that dress!

Leighton- Lovely dress, Im more in love with the booties though!

Carla- Looks gorgeous and wow that dress is amazing at the back! Hating the hair though.

Jessica- So cute, young and fresh looking! I love the skirt especially!

Eva- Lovely dress and beautiful colour, but I wish she would wear her hair down more.

Kristen- Looks absolutely gorgeous! That dress is so beautiful.

Terri- Wow, she’s fabulous! That colour is absolutely gorgeous on her!

Gennifer- Cute dress, but come on girl. Smile!!

5. Alicia April 3, 2009 at 18:57 #

I just don’t understand Ginnifer’s refusal to smile. She’s not Victoria Beckham. Ginnifer actually looks much cuter when she smiles.

I also don’t understand why it bothers me. I think maybe the scowl is distracting me from the clothes.

6. Tori April 3, 2009 at 19:40 #

Leighton Meester в босоножках Balenciaga
    Anne потрясающе выглядит(кроме туфлей,уж очень грамоско они смотрятся).

7. robbie April 3, 2009 at 20:28 #

hey FC, i dont know if it is my computer but best dressed of the week isnt showing.

8. wi April 3, 2009 at 20:33 #

Leighton Meester’s booties are Balenciaga S/S 09, they can be purchased @ Barneys’ online! :D

9. Vania April 3, 2009 at 20:35 #

I hope someone can help me to ID the season of anne dress and coat..

10. Fashion Critic April 3, 2009 at 21:02 #

Tori and Wi you are my shoe queen’s thank you.

11. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 3, 2009 at 21:15 #

anne hathaway looks like royalty! she is my best dressed of the week. do you see how all the men are turning around to look at her? she's so gorgeous <3

12. Fashion Critic April 3, 2009 at 21:47 #

Thanks Vania.

13. ZzaRaZza April 3, 2009 at 23:13 #

Ann is a goddess of spring here, LOVE her dress and the whole outfit

14. dm April 4, 2009 at 07:30 #

Teri and Eva look beautiful, the colors really speak for themselves. And Ginnifer is such a cute girl, looks radiant even in all black. I thought Anne also looked lovely. However, I hate Leighton’s dress and I usually have a passionate hatred for booties of any type or color! :-) HATE.

15. Fashion Critic April 4, 2009 at 10:39 #

I love booties, but I can see why you would be sick of them DM. They are everywhere on the red carpet, and not always worn appropriately.

16. antoneLLina April 4, 2009 at 12:41 #

i’m sorry but i really don’t like anne.i think that her skin looks much better with dark or electric colours.i know that many of you will love her look here,but for me just doesn’t work.
    leighton is simply elegant,love her!and the balenciaga booties are simply stunning!

17. jose April 4, 2009 at 20:59 #

anna’s look is impeccable. the nude tone is just the right tone for her complexion. the red ties in the rest of the outfit.
    i dont know how i feel about the turquoise accessories thou. i dont hate it, but i dont think i love it.

18. whitestroke April 14, 2009 at 21:24 #

Not impressed with Anne. I AM with Leighton, though. She wears that dress better than Rose Byrne. I might be wrong, but I remember her wearing it before, too.

Love the dress on Eva but hate the shoes. They make her feet look HUGE.

19. Fashion Critic April 14, 2009 at 21:27 #

I think you are right

20. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:12 #

~Jennifer Goodwin, Miss Cute, lets me down a pinch without a colored belt. Her look is a little too black. Her dress works for her, but add some color darling.
    ~Kristen Bell works her dress like a piece of cake
    ~Jessica Stroup is a great fashionista. She is always event appropriate and fresh.
    ~I am glad Leighton tried something new as she is exploring fashion right now.