03.04.09

Michelle Obama Wears Thakoon To The NATO Summit Arrival Ceremony

It’s like Wonder Woman and Super Woman meeting for the first time.

Michelle Obama and Carla Bruni-Sarkozy aka the ‘First Ladies of Fashion’ met today in France, at the NATO Summit Arrival Ceremony at the Palais Rohan.

They were both dressed in pussy bow coats, Michelle Obama in a Thakoon coat, and Carla Bruni in a Dior suede coat.

Carla opted for neutral grey, whereas Mrs O, in keep with her fantastic style, wore a floral floral silk jacquard coat patterned coat.

After the ceremony, Mrs Obama left the venue without her coat to reveal an even more magnificent floral print Thakoon floral silk jacquard dress.

Many of you have been critical of her style this week, especially her choice of caridgans, but this dress, along with the J.Crew cardigan is my favourite.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

ShoWest 2009 Awards

ShoWest 2009 Awards

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

7 Responses to Michelle Obama Wears Thakoon To The NATO Summit Arrival Ceremony

1. zhaib18 April 3, 2009 at 16:14 #

Love her dress but I like the Dior better

Lurvvvvvvvve the purple dress

2. Mónica B April 3, 2009 at 16:19 #

I prefer Carla´s coat. I think Michelle looks like a grandmother with that print.

3. Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 16:34 #

I like Michelle’s dress, but overall, it’s safe to say it’s not her strongest appearance. But, my actual question would be: COULD THOSE SHOES (both Michelle’s and Carla’s) BE ANY DULLER? I don’t think so.
    I mean, I wasn’t expecting Nicolas Kirkwood, but their footwear choices make me SNORE!!

David

4. Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 16:41 #

Finally! That dress looks fantastic on Michelle. She should always wear such fitted dresses instead of those pouffy skirts she’s been wearing lately.

5. Lara April 3, 2009 at 16:47 #

I know it’s supposed to be a matter of protocol and not wanting to appear taller than the President (in both cases), but really, these women should just celebrate their beautiful heights and wear PROPER heels! I mean it’s only so many kitten heels one can stand! It makes them look so dumpy! They’re both beautiful with great style otherwise…

6. Ling April 3, 2009 at 17:19 #

I hope she wears more dresses like this one, they really suit her figure! Carla seems to wear a lot of grey, I’d have preferred to see her in something brighter. I can’t believe how tall both of them are!

7. Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 22:51 #

I disagree with Monica. I think Carla’s tendency to dress very modestly makes her appear older than she is. Michelle on the other hand looks young and vibrant. I love that she’s taking risks (albeit calculated ones).