02.04.09

Topshop/Topman VIP Dinner

Geez how many launch parties does one store opening need?

On Tuesday Topshop had the celebrity packed preview dinner, and again last night it appears the dinner was for the A listers.

You don’t get more A list than Jennifer Lopez, who arrived looking dazzling wearing a white strapless L’Wren Scott Spring 2009 jacquard dress.

Her look was complete with those Christian Louboutin multi buckle sandals, she seems to be obsessed with, and bangs that look like they need an extra inch taken off them.

Kate Moss, who makes her Topshop US debut today, wore her favourite black YSL tux jacket, a tiered minidress, black tights and YSL Trib Two heels.

Rosario Dawson was radiant in a raspberry asymmetric Monique Lhuillier Spring 2009 dress, which had a beautiful gold embellished panel, complimenting her gold Giuseppe Zanotti peep-toes.

Wearing head-to-toe black, Julia Restoin Roitfeld’s look included a black a fringed Topshop dress, with a leather jacket and studded heels.

Anna Wintour and daughter Bee Shaffer were there to support the British brand.

Bee wore a short white Alexander Wang jersey dress, with *shudders* tights and black heels, whilst her mother opted for her favourite Prada Spring 2009 snake print dress, with a maroon velvet Prada Fall 2009 coat.

Jennifer Hudson had to sing for her supper, wearing a Topshop silver sequined tunic, latex black leggings and red peep-toes.

The multi awards winning singer, entertained the guests including Marc Jacobs, and James Blunt, with her hit singles.

Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Michelle Obama Visits The Royal Opera House Wearing Junya Watanabe & Jason Wu

Michelle Obama Visits The Royal Opera House Wearing Junya Watanabe & Jason Wu

In Kim Kardashian's Closet - Tracy Reese Dress

In Kim Kardashian’s Closet – Tracy Reese Dress

15 Responses to Topshop/Topman VIP Dinner

1. Paris Pastry April 2, 2009 at 18:18 #

Isn’t Rosario Dawson’s dress Monique Lhullier Spring 2009?

2. Fashion Critic April 2, 2009 at 18:22 #

thanks PP

3. robbie April 2, 2009 at 18:43 #

jennifer looks great, the dress is stunning on her, but im not into her bangs.

kate, looks fantastic but the tights just ruin it. why wear black shoes when you have black tights on? also she ruins it by wearing those annoying YSL trib two shoes.

rosario, is by far best dressed at this event, stunning.

julia, ruins another great look with tights. she looks a little like jessica stam.

anna and bee both look terrible. im so sick of seeing anna constantly wearing snake print dresses.

jennifer WOW she looks stunning, and so delicious. i love the tunis and leggings together. why cant young girls wear leggings instead of tights, it makes their outfit look a little more younger.

4. Freida fan April 2, 2009 at 18:46 #

love love love Rosario’s dress!!! From the colour to the detail i love it on her!
    JLo’s dress seemed to be a little too tight for her but love the shoes and the bangs.

I really like Kate Moss’ dress too. but put together its def a predictable safe look for her.

Nicole

5. Kris April 2, 2009 at 22:24 #

These comments are so ridiculous, I’m very surprised guys. First of all, young girls shouldn’t wear leggings the way Hudson did because leggings evoke a more sport-oriented look rather than a classic and fashion-forward look, the way tights do. In addition, the ladies who did wear tights in this entry would look very off-kilter wearing a pair of Lindsay Lohan inspired leggings, let’s be real–if they were leggings you all would’ve pounced on them for being too informal at an event.

Anyways, I think Kate looks great and this isn’t predictable, it is simply her style.
    I love the fit of Jennifer Lopez’s dress, I just wish the hem was a bit higher, around her knees,or her shoes didn’t have such high straps because the combination of both cuts her legs down noticeably. I for some reason like her haircut–I didn’t think I would. :)

6. Fashion Critic April 2, 2009 at 22:28 #

Kris this is Topshop, they live for the tunic, leggings look. So I don’t think anyone would have ‘pounced’ for them looking to informal. :)

My problem with tights are they mute looks. Most of these women go from cars straight to events, barely scrapping the red paint off their Louboutin’s, so for me they are unnecessary.

7. Sarah April 2, 2009 at 23:15 #

Bee looks a little heavier than I recall her being… No unkind intentions here, but she’s not pregnant is she?

8. Ayesha April 3, 2009 at 00:42 #

Fashion Critic, do you know what brand that necklace is that Anna Wintour seems to be always wearing? It’s amazing..

9. WendyB April 3, 2009 at 05:33 #

No more Topshop! Argh! What’s the thrill about getting stuff that a million other people can get.

10. Vogueite April 3, 2009 at 07:41 #

Anna is wearing a Prada Fall 2009 coat with the Spring 2009 dress, she’s been wearing that coat since Paris Fashion Week

11. Fashion Critic April 3, 2009 at 09:38 #

thanks V :)

12. Fashion Critic April 3, 2009 at 09:46 #

It’s fantastic Ayesha, I agree, but I wouldn’t know who it is by. Sorry

13. Highstreet fashion April 3, 2009 at 12:12 #

JLo looks so pretty but I don’t like her pose on some photos. She’s not smiling. Sigh.

14. Sara April 3, 2009 at 21:54 #

Jennifer looks like goddess. White is definitely her colour <3

15. whitestroke April 14, 2009 at 20:31 #

Wow. I’m usually no fan of JLo nor her style, but I LOVE this look. It’s amazing how good she works that length of skirt with such high-up shoes, that would appear so awkward on most.

Hate that dress on Rosario Dawson.

Uhm. Is Bee pregnant? o_O She wore that dress before, I think. At Narciso Rodriguez’s Fall show. Anna is such an ultimate Prada bitch and I love her for it. What a cool combo of Spring and Fall collections.