01.04.09

Nylon Magazine’s 10th Anniversary Celebration

I was really loving Ciara’s look until I saw the red gloves !?!?

I have often wondered what to pair with this grey 3.1 Phillip Lim layered ruffle skirt, as I must preferred the dress version.

Ciara did well here, with the ivory blouse and black leather jacket, but again, why oh why did she wear those gloves??

Here is 15 year old Taylor Momsen attending another party in New York last night.

She changed – not for the better – into a silk mint green dress, with a lace cardigan and black pants.

In a recent interview, Taylor revealed that she doesn’t have a stylist. I suggest she hires one immediately, as this look isn’t fooling anyone.

Adrienne Bailon wears a red strapless dress, with a large bow detail on the hip. Although she looks good, this is a look we’ve seen a hundred times on her.

Hopefully she steps out of her comfort zone at some point in the future.

Amber Tamblyn and Alexis Bledel posed on the red carpet together.

Alexis was in her preferred casual non-fussy style, whereas Amber wears a grey knit dress, and a black cropped jacket with some red accessories to punch up her look.

Lydia Hearst wears a silver Blonds Spring 2009 corseted dress.

You may recognise this dress from the artwork within Britney Spears Circus CD.

Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

2008 ESPY Awards Red Carpet - Best Dressed

2008 ESPY Awards Red Carpet – Best Dressed

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

9 Responses to Nylon Magazine’s 10th Anniversary Celebration

1. robbie April 1, 2009 at 19:55 #

ciara ruins her look for 2 reasons, the gloves WTF and the tights.

taylor, she is just bad. god im nearly 19 and i look younger than her, even though she is actually younger than me.

adrienne, looks cute but she is always looking cute nothing new.

amber and alexis look terrible, boring and just plain dull.

lydia, i cant even look at her without feeling sick, no one should be that skinny. god she needs to eat something. shame she has a nice dress on.

2. Lauren April 1, 2009 at 20:04 #

Ciara- Love this skirt, and the whole outfit is gorgeous. I must say I actually quite like the gloves with the outfit!

Taylor- This is slightly better than her last outfit. But only slightly. Unfortunately I think that even if she ever does wear a nice outfit, her hair and makeup will ruin it.

Adrienne- Cute dress. Don’t like the hair though.

Amber- Not really keep on this outfit. Might have been nicer without the boots.

Alexis- There’s not really much to say. She should wear some colour.

Lydia- A little overdressed? Still she looks gorgeous. This dress is stunning! So gorgeous!

3. Alicia April 1, 2009 at 22:23 #

Blake Lively has also said she doesn’t use a stylist, thanks to the knowledge imparted to her by GG’s costumer, Eric Daman. Maybe Taylor feels the same way, but is tragically over-influenced by her character’s clothing.

I don’t know. I hate her lipstick. And lady NEVER smiles.

4. Fashion Critic April 1, 2009 at 22:26 #

What? Is not having a stylist the new black?

No wonder they both look terrible.

5. Nikki April 1, 2009 at 23:40 #

I like Ciara’s outfit. As for the gloves, they don’t look so bad. They sorta give the look a bit of a punch.

While Blake Lively doesn’t try hard enough,
    Taylor Momsen is the opposite.
    She just tries too hard. I’m surprised she isn’t in the worst dressed list yet. And they don’t have a stylist?! No wonder. They both should should hire one…like right now!

6. Freida fan April 2, 2009 at 07:56 #

Ciara minus the gloves is super cute.

As for Taylor – shes 15!!! why is she at all these parties in the first place.
    evrything she wears with the bad maekup and hair makes her seem like shes MUCH older than she really is.

7. whitestroke April 2, 2009 at 20:52 #

Red and grey is one of my mom’s fav color combos. I don’t like much neither of those outfits here, though. Ciara’s gloves are too much (why singers’ outfits are always such an overkill?) and Amber’s look includes two of the things I don’t like = scarf and boots.

Taylor, oh dear God! I’m 26 and I look younger than that.

8. Apple April 3, 2009 at 14:21 #

RE: Taylor Momsen

That big of you FC to pick on 15yr olds! How was your style when you were her age(or now cough cough)? I agree that she tends to overdo it a bit, but i think a great style takes time and experience to master. Its great that she is experimenting with her look (even though it may be hit and miss). It shows that she has a keen interest in fashion and i’m sure one day she will find the look that works for her. In the meantime, let the girl play ! I think it’s a bit harsh to lash out at a girl of her tender age, it also puts pressure on other teen girls to look like Cate Blanchett (etc) every time they leave the house. What an irresponsible message to give. Let the kids have a bit of fun without being such a stick in the mud. I look at photos of myself when i was 15 and boy, what was i thinking!? Eventually i got it right.

For the record, I don’t know anything about Taylor Momsen nor am i a fan of Gossip Girl so I can speak objectively.

9. Fashion Critic April 3, 2009 at 14:29 #

Apple, I am merely stating an opinion. But I am not picking on her.

You will see from the comments above, I am not the only one who thinks she should dress more her age, and stop trying to be something she is not.

She is too heavily influence by her character.

Also what is a 15 year old doing going out to 2 events in one night? Where are her parents? I think this are very important questions, but since this is a fashion blog, I will focus on her style.