01.04.09

Michelle Obama Wears J.Crew To Visit 10 Dowing Street

Michelle Obama was decked out in J.Crew’s finest pieces, when she and her husband met Prime Minster Gordon Brown and his wife Sarah Brown, at 10 Downing Street for breakfast this morning.

Her champagne sweater J.Crew cardigan is embellished with sequins, glass beads and rhinestones costing only $298.

Her mint green J.Crew pencil skirt has a dotted jacquard print costing only $158.

As expected her look is very chic and sophisticated, I love the way the embellishments glimmer in the sunshine.

As much as kitten heels don’t do it for me, her snake print heels really compliment the look.

I can’t wait to see what she wears to meet the Queen.

Update The cardigan has already sold out.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando - 'Legends Of Oz: Dorothy's Return' LA Premiere

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando – ‘Legends Of Oz: Dorothy’s Return’ LA Premiere

Michelle Obama Wears Isabel Toledo & Jason Wu To Meet The Queen

Michelle Obama Wears Isabel Toledo & Jason Wu To Meet The Queen

13 Responses to Michelle Obama Wears J.Crew To Visit 10 Dowing Street

1. frances April 1, 2009 at 12:23 #

I wish I had her style

2. Mel April 1, 2009 at 13:03 #

I love the cardigan, I will add that to my wish list.

3. Anonymous April 1, 2009 at 13:43 #

I LOVE the Obamas, but this experiment is disastrous. WAY too much going on with patterned shoes, checked skirt, glittered/too short and small sweater AND pearls. The two previous outfits were much more appropriate.

4. elzabeth April 1, 2009 at 14:56 #

I love this look..its so real and it is her. I think it goes together beautifully and I love the proportions of the individual pieces. She has her own style and it works.

5. Anonymous April 1, 2009 at 15:29 #

J-Crew needs to make a deal with her..lol
    I am sure their site will crash in a few hours!

6. Anonymous April 1, 2009 at 15:49 #

so that didn’t take long. cardigan sold out

7. Fashion Critic April 1, 2009 at 16:03 #

That was quick, but I’m not surprised as it’s gorgeous.

8. DM April 1, 2009 at 16:19 #

Um…I am sorry, but when you are the First Lady of the United States of America and are meeting with major foreign leaders you need to step up your game! I think Michelle Obama looks like she is going to a PTA meeting, not one with the Prime Minister. How disappointing…

9. Raquel April 1, 2009 at 16:21 #

Okay, I like Michelle Obama, as I’ve said before, she knows how to dress for her body type and she is not afraid of taking risks.

But I agree with anonymous, this is disastrous. Too much spark for a *breakfast*. Too many things going on at the same time. I love the pieces individually, but not together.

I know I sound conservative here, but it’s an official visit and not an evening dinner with long time friends.That may be fashion forward and all, but that is not appropriated.

Now I get the kitten heels. They are classic, they are comfortable and they can be really chic. Also she is a very tall woman and wearing high heels would make her tower over some of the people she is meeting, which she may want to avoid.

10. Uzo April 1, 2009 at 18:08 #

I so love this look..Very trendy and very becoming

11. robbie April 1, 2009 at 18:28 #

wow as soon as i saw pictures of michelle i wanted it all. especially the cardigan, oh well will keep my eye out on ebay for it.

she looks amazing.

shame sarah brown didnt make the same effort michelle did.

12. Fashion Critic April 1, 2009 at 18:31 #

Sarah was never going to outshine Michelle, as all eyes were on her.

Sarah did well to stick to a plain look. She would have only been assumed of trying to compete if she tried something new anyway.

13. Ling April 1, 2009 at 22:21 #

It would have been nice to see Sarah Brown in something a little more colourful, but I guess you’re right, there was no point in competing with Michelle! I love the way that the cardigan looks so casual on the model but Michelle makes it look so much more formal and sparkly!