01.04.09

Michelle Obama Wears Isabel Toledo & Jason Wu To Meet The Queen

What does one wear to meet the Queen of England?

In this case it has been reported that Michelle Obama arrived in a Jason Wu coat, whilst wearing a black and white Isabel Toledo dress.

The black A line satin coat complimented the shape of the skirt on her dress, which had volume with a tulle underlay. The look was completed with a Azzedine Alaia black cardigan, and a string of pearls.

Some of you might be disappointed with this look, but she could hardly wear brights and upstage the Queen. This must have been at the forefront of her mind when deciding what to wear.

She did however decided to debut a new hairstyle for this occasion.

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Nylon Magazine's 10th Anniversary Celebration

Nylon Magazine’s 10th Anniversary Celebration

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Maggie Gyllenhaal or Bibiana Fernandez

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Maggie Gyllenhaal or Bibiana Fernandez

12 Responses to Michelle Obama Wears Isabel Toledo & Jason Wu To Meet The Queen

1. robbie April 1, 2009 at 20:14 #

she looks great, i love her hair it is very retro but a good retro.

but the queen looks great.

2. Rebecca April 1, 2009 at 21:45 #

Michelle outfits for the London trip have all been amazing.

This one’s a bit more subdued, but you’re definitely right – the queen has ownership of brights.

3. Ling April 1, 2009 at 22:12 #

Never mind Michelle – the Queen looks lovely! Best dressed of the week? :D

4. Fashion Critic April 1, 2009 at 22:14 #

LOL, you are right she does, but then she always does.

5. boogie April 1, 2009 at 23:15 #

she looks great!!!! I love her style!!!

6. Raquel April 2, 2009 at 04:29 #

I wish the Queen had some nude shoes, then she would upstage everyone else this week.

I love Michelle’s coat, shoes, dress and hair, but Jesus, woman, give a break to the cardigan look.

A cardign for a meeting with UK’s Prime Minister. A cardigan for a meeting with the QUEEN. There’s subdued elegance and there is proper attire for very formal occasions.

Sorry, but the cardigan look has time and place to show up and that was not one.

Obama is one of the most elegant men around.

7. Freida fan April 2, 2009 at 06:53 #

She looks great! I’m not underwhelmed cause she really works this look. Love the hair!
    She seems to be really going with these two designers. Great for them!

Nicole

8. shoeaholic April 2, 2009 at 09:10 #

I think she looks pretty and I don’t mind that its a bit subdued, although i wouldn’t have minded a brooch or a similar accessory to add some colour..

9. Eva April 2, 2009 at 09:24 #

I totally agree with Raquel, this cardi-with-everything trademark is frumpy and not flattering at all. Makes her look so much like a fifties housewife. With that powerful silhouette, she should channel slightly paded shoulders and longer, sleeker bottom halves, not full skirts. She looks like a bad copy of Jackie. Having said that, I DO love it when she wears a shift dress with no sleeves. Great arms, great skin, lovely smile. But ditch the cardi, please!! And the glitter!!

10. arabeszk April 2, 2009 at 09:39 #

Following the story from Europe, I can’t wait for this meeting and Michelle’s outfit – and yes, disappointing, especially the cardigan.

But at least she has a good hair: I don’t know what you think, but for me, so far it was a surprise that this best-dressed girl always has a grandma-style hair, or as if she wore a wig. Once I saw a her with a ponytail: as if she had been 10 yesr younger.

11. Lauren April 2, 2009 at 17:41 #

Michelle looks great as always. Personally I like the cardigans. It is weird seeing her in black rather than colour.

The queen as always looks lovely!

12. whitestroke April 2, 2009 at 20:57 #