31.03.09

Michelle Obama Arrives In London Wearing Jason Wu

Earlier today, Michelle Obama stepped onto Air Force One wearing a ivory tulle tweed custom-made Thakoon coat.

Several hours later, she melted my heart by stepping off the plane in London wearing Jason Wu’s chartreuse silk crepe short sleeve sheath dress, with black Michael Kors coat.

The look was completed with her favourite black Azzedine Alaia belt, which Michelle wore back in June 2008, to the Final Primary Night Event in Minnesota.

I’m so happy she is sticking with the same young designers. These looks are chic, effortless, young, yet sophisticated.

Chartreuse was one of the main colours featured in Jason Wu’s Fall 2009 collection. He even created an exclusive dress in this fantastic colour for Net-A-Porter.com.

The Jason Wu Silk embroidered shift dress is available to purchase from the US site for $1,840, or the international site for £990/€1,214.

I’m guessing after the world has seen Michelle in this chartreuse dress, the Net-A-Porter one will sell fast.

Oh, in case you were wondering, President Barack Obama is in London to attend a G-20 meeting, and he and the First Lady are expected to meet with Queen Elizabeth.

This woman continues to rock my world.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando - 'Legends Of Oz: Dorothy's Return' LA Premiere

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando – ‘Legends Of Oz: Dorothy’s Return’ LA Premiere

Michelle Obama Wears J.Crew To Visit 10 Dowing Street

Michelle Obama Wears J.Crew To Visit 10 Dowing Street

13 Responses to Michelle Obama Arrives In London Wearing Jason Wu

1. Georgia Maude March 31, 2009 at 22:41 #

You seemed to have scooped all the other sites with your photo of the Wu dress–you’re amazing (as is our Michelle)!

2. robbie March 31, 2009 at 22:42 #

she looks amazing as always but i wish she would just wear flats instead of kitten heels.

FC did you hear about the young scottish designer being contracted to design cloaks for michelle and carla bruni?

they look gorgeous.

3. robbie March 31, 2009 at 22:43 #

here is the article.

4. Fashion Critic March 31, 2009 at 22:45 #

Thanks Georgie – blushes – I always try to be first. I have reliable photo agencies who upload really quickly.

Robbie that is new news to me. Who is the designer?

5. Fashion Critic March 31, 2009 at 22:49 #

thanks Robbie.

It would be so exciting to see the two most fashionable first ladies in the world wearing something by a designer on this side of the pond.

6. robbie March 31, 2009 at 22:59 #

im really proud especially since she is scottish so it makes me even more proud to be scottish :D.

7. Melody March 31, 2009 at 23:48 #

Michelle looks great. She is a true fashion icon.

8. Sarah April 1, 2009 at 00:56 #

Robbie, I hate kitten heals as well on women, but I think they are her best option. Flats would look to casual and she wouldn’t want to look taller than the president.

The woman is absolutely fabulous and I love the style she brings to the White House.

9. Raquel April 1, 2009 at 01:19 #

What I really like about Michelle is that she knows how to dress for her body type, yet she is not boring. She takes some risks.

My only problem there is that I think the chartreuse dress is a bit too short. Call me convervative, silly, but she is the First Lady of the United States and it’s an official trip, the dress should cover most of her knees.

But that’s just me.

10. Lindsay April 1, 2009 at 09:18 #

I totally agree Raquel about her knowing how to dress for her body type, and that is half the battle in trying to look good.

11. DM April 1, 2009 at 16:24 #

I like the Washington look! She looks very regal! But the London look is so blah! Maybe she should have switched the looks around as the Washington look was more appealing and more fit for a First Lady.

BTW I hate the heels she is always wearing! She needs to pick ACTUAL heels or just go with flats! I think she does not want to appear taller than her husband and this is the reason she chooses to wear such low heels…

12. Ladyee Boutique April 1, 2009 at 17:59 #

She rocks my world too! This woman is just flawless. I love her yellow Jason Wu dress and Alaia belt. Just Gorgeous all around. :)

13. Anonymous April 5, 2009 at 00:44 #

I would think that since this couple is so much about breaking tradition and old fashioned boundaries, she could wear some real big girl heels, so what she might be a bit taller than the president< i would think that was ultra cool.