"Forces For Nature" Benefit

Stella McCartney attended the Forces For Nature Benefit in New York last night, wearing a blue satin mini dress, with a sheer panel yoke, from her Fall 2009 collection.

The dress looks far better on the model, but I love how she accessorized her look with those edgy patterned boots, which are also from her Fall 2009 collection.

Stella’s father Paul McCartney was there, with his partner Nancy Shevell. She supported her could-be-daughter-in-law, by wearing a piece from Stella’s Spring 2009 collection.

The sequin jumpsuit was covered up by a felt coat, for which I was thankful. This is not an easy look to pull off. Amber Valletta did, but being a former model, that’s to be expected.

Nancy completes her look with a pair of kitten heels. This was the nail in the coffin for this terrible look. She how she looked without the coat below.

Ziyi Zhang managed to redeem herself, following two disappointing looks last week.

She wore a black Stella McCartney bandage dress, with tights, black sandals and a black clutch.

The halter-neck dress, has cut-out shoulders, and off-the-shoulder cap sleeves.

I’m not sure about the shell necklace. It looks kinda awkward, as I think the dress speaks for itself, and doesn’t need anything extra.

Diane von Furstenberg went against that Stella McCartney dress code, and wore a LBD, with her own Fall 2009 geometric print black and white coat, with Christian Louboutin sandals.

I love her infectious smile.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Topshop US Opens Thursday

Topshop US Opens Thursday

Celebrities Love...A.L.C. Motorcycle Leather Jackets

Celebrities Love…A.L.C. Motorcycle Leather Jackets

8 Responses to "Forces For Nature" Benefit

1. Anonymous March 31, 2009 at 13:08 #

I love Stella’s boots, not crazy about the dress.

And Amber Valetta looked 10 times better in that jumpsuit than Nancy.

Ziyi looks okay.

2. Lila March 31, 2009 at 14:31 #

Stella McCartney is one of my favorite designers, that’s why i enjoy seeing her clothes on the red carpet..Stella herself looks great in her own designs..the leggins/boots are amazing! Nancy Shevell looked like a total mess.. I wouldnt even save the purse. as for Ziyi, i dont feel like she’s having a great time on the red carpet lately..imo that giant shell totally ruins a really cute lbd that, as you said, speaks for itself. Diane von Furstenberg always looks so radiant and chic, i like her geometric print coat. It looks even better on her then on Lakshmi..(i cant believe i said it! ^^)

3. Anonymous March 31, 2009 at 14:57 #

WTF Ziyi Zhang??
    She’s a regular fur hag!

4. robbie March 31, 2009 at 16:10 #

stella, WTF it seems like a mix between cute and bondage, normally she looks amazing but this time nope.

nancy looks nice, but the heels ruin this look, kitten heels have to be the ugliest style of shoe made.

ziyi, looks fantastic but the tights again ruin this look. i love the shell necklace, but with this outfit not into.

diane is by far the best dressed as this event, she always wears her clothes perfectly. she is stunning. but the tights hmmm, but because it is diane i dont mind, she is a goddess.

5. Anonymous March 31, 2009 at 17:02 #

There are pictures of Nancy on the daily mail website without the coat and she looks even worse.

6. ~*juDee*~ March 31, 2009 at 17:52 #

ohhh dearrr :-S….nancy, sequin jumpsuit, kitten heels (for crying out loud) *scratches head in confusion*….basically, i hate it!
    this ensemble, especially the fit of the bottom part of it, is in a nutshell, not great. im in disbelief.
    i just dont see the purpose of wearing kitten heels. u either wear flats or u wear high heels….nothing works my nerve more than the sight of woman wearing kitten heels…
    i need to calm down *david beckham, ryan reynolds, jake gyllenhal, tyson beckford, anderson cooper*…ahhh, that’s better

7. Fashion Critic March 31, 2009 at 17:56 #

LOL, I will try that next time I get frustrated over kitten heels, but I mine would be *david beckham, tyson beckford, daniel craig*

8. whitestroke April 1, 2009 at 22:23 #

Why in the name of everything holy Nancy chose that jumpsuit? Out of all the wearable things that Stella ever created, she goes for THAT. And the shoes… ~*juDee*~, I’m already boring to myself how many times I said that, but people just don’t listen. Wear flats, or wear a proper heel! Kitten heels? BURN THEM. IMMEDIATELY.