30.03.09

Social Events Of The Weekend

20th Annual GLAAD Media Awards, New York

Vanessa Williams continues to astound me on the red carpet.

Some would say a woman of her age shouldn’t wear this Matthew Williamson silk asymmetric drape dress, but I say boo to that, because she is wearing it a lot better than girls half her age could.

Fierce, and she knows it. Love it, love her.

OMG, I didn’t know Ana Ortiz was expecting.

My isn’t she glowing in this white off-the-shoulder dress?

Tyra Banks’ Georges Chakra couture tuxedo shows off a much slender frame.

Portia de Rossi and Ellen Degeneres pose with their awards in the press room.

Ellen in a navy blue chic suit with comfortable sneakers, and Portia wore a strapless black Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2009 dress with Stella McCartney mesh basket sandals.

23rd Genesis Awards, LA

Ginnifer Goodwin looks so dreamy in her nude sequined April, May dress with a pretty, ruched organza detail cascading down the front.

Accessories were kept to a minimum, with a stunning pair of Daniel Swarovski statement earrings, a gold shimmering clutch and pointy heels.

She looks so elegant, and so feminine, but like you, I wish she crack a smile once in a while.

Best look of this event.

Emily Deschanel sprung into spring wearing a fresh, citrus orange satin shift dress.

Stunning gold accessories, and black pumps complete her look.

Tiffany Fallon wore a black top under her plunging Alexander McQueen cap sleeve jumpsuit.

Maggie Q red carpet appearance are now few and far between, but she still knows how to make an impact. The actress wore a dangerously deep plunging orange jersey BCBG dress, which nears her belly button.

2009 Empire Awards, London

Gemma Arterton had one good week, then reverted back to what we have come to expect from her – a complete and utter mess.

I will only assume she didn’t look in the mirror once she put on this off-the-shoulder Halston Spring 2009 dress, because it’s unflattering, and totally washes her out.

OK, ankle boots are the new red carpet trend, but they’re so wrong with this dress.

Olga Kurylenko who won Best Newcomer at this awards do, wore a very uninspiring all black ensemble.

“Monsters vs. Aliens” South Korea Premiere

Han Ye-Seul stepped in for Reese Witherspoon, wearing a nude Fendi Spring 2009 dress. It’s so pretty, and looks so delicate against her pale skin.

The floral appliqué’s add some texture to the dress, which she wears with nude strappy sandals.

L’Etoile nightclub, Paris

Dita von Teese enjoys a night out wearing a emerald green satin Malandrino Fall 2008 dress, with matching heels.

The plunge-neck dress has a tulip skirt, and a black belt with a green marble buckle. Her look is complete with trademark red lips and nails, plus a Christian Louboutin shoe clash clutch.

Source & Source

Carrie Bradshaw's Vivienne Westwood Wedding Dress Sells Out On Net-A-Porter.com

Carrie Bradshaw’s Vivienne Westwood Wedding Dress Sells Out On Net-A-Porter.com

In Halle Berry's Closet - Dolce & Gabbana & Camilla Skovgaard

In Halle Berry’s Closet – Dolce & Gabbana & Camilla Skovgaard

11 Responses to Social Events Of The Weekend

1. Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 15:08 #

I see Maggie Q is aiming to wrestle the ‘Most Imaginatively Deployed Bony Sternum (In Lieu Of Actual Cleavage)’ award from Keira this year.

2. robbie March 30, 2009 at 15:42 #

vanessa, simply gorgeous, those dresses were made for someone with dark skin they just look so beautiful against her.

ana, i didnt knoe she was pregnant but wow she is glowing for sure. stunning.

tyra somehow she still manages to look likie rupaul.

portia and ellen are adorable together, i am literally drooling over portias shoes. ellen is probably the only person who can pull off the suit and sneakers combo.

ginnifer looks stunning, simple and chic, i love the dress so much.

emily gorgeous colour, love the accessories, but the shoes not so much.

tiffany, i love the jumpsuit but its too much black for my liking.

maggie q, very boring.

gemma, WTF major hot mess.

olga, somehow still manages to look stunning in this rather boring outfit.

han, WOW everything is just perfection. loving the wavy hair.

dita, as ever just WOW, i would love to dive into her shoe closet, what a dream that would be.

3. Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 16:33 #

I’ve always hated that print on Vanessa. Didn’t Rihanna wear a top like that with Balenciaga Gladiators.

Tyra, Portia and Ellen yawn.

I love the colour of Ginnifers and fabric.

I think (Tiffany who ever she is) is a little to wide to wear a jumpsuit. I think they work best on skinny girls.

I quite like the colour of Maggies dress.

Gemma continues to look like a train wreck in my book.

Olga- What a dissapointment. She is such a beautiful women.

The asians always know how to dress and Han looks very elegant.

Dita looks fabulous as ever.

T

4. Ling March 30, 2009 at 17:44 #

Ginnifer looks lovely, she’s always so consistent on the red carpet! Emily looks gorgeous too, I’ll even ignore those black shoes because of her stunning smile – Ginnifer, take note!!

5. Sydne March 30, 2009 at 18:06 #

Dita looks fab but I actually liked the dress better on Marcia Cross. I’m obsessed with redheads wearing green.

6. Gaber March 30, 2009 at 18:58 #

Vanessa isn’t doing it for me.
    Belt, shoes, possibly even the length of the dress – just no.
    The parts of her that aren’t covered with fabric just look so much batter!

7. Raquel March 30, 2009 at 21:14 #

Love Vanessa, dress, hair makeup, not fond of the shoes.

Ginnifer is so classy. Loved the look from head to toes. Maybe she is shy?

I would wear Emily’s dress, shoes, accesories. LOVE the look..

8. SydneyCheapChic March 30, 2009 at 22:12 #

Ginnifer Goodwin looks so simply pretty.. love it! love her shoes.. FC do you know who designed her dress??

9. Fashion Critic March 30, 2009 at 22:56 #

Not yet. I hope I find it before the end of the week, because I want to add her to Best Dressed Of The Week.

10. whitestroke April 1, 2009 at 22:00 #

For me Olga just can’t win. I think she’s not interesting enough, she doesn’t have that personality thing about her to wear something so simple and still look special. And yet again, for that same reason I’m not being wowed when she wears something more interesting either ’cause she ain’t got that OOMPH about her.

11. whitestroke April 1, 2009 at 22:02 #

Btw I like Han’s dress. I loved that collection.