Runway To Samantha Thavasa Handbag Promotion – Jennifer Lopez In Chanel

Jennifer Lopez was in Japan this weekend, to promote Samantha Thavasa’s new bag collection.

The star was wearing a black and white striped blouse, black leggings, white platformed Salvatore Ferragamo heels, and a Chanel Fall 2008 woolly coat, with fur trims.

All so very JLo – this isn’t a good thing.

She greeted fans and answered questions from the media. My question will be, once you leave Japan, will you ever been seen with a Samantha Thavasa bag again?

If she’s honest, the answer will probably be no.

Many stars have promoted Samantha Thavasa handbags including Sarah Jessica Parker, Victoria Beckham, The Hilton sisters and the Knowles sisters, but none have ever really embraced the collection, which must be insulting for the brand.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t recall seeing any of them with a Samantha Thavasa bag, except for maybe Paris and most definitely Tinsley Mortimer, who is very happy to promote her line of bags at every red carpet event.

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Cindy Crawford For Allure April 2009

Cindy Crawford For Allure April 2009

Who Wore 3.1 Phillip Lim Better? Lucy Liu or Rachel Bilson

Who Wore 3.1 Phillip Lim Better? Lucy Liu or Rachel Bilson

10 Responses to Runway To Samantha Thavasa Handbag Promotion – Jennifer Lopez In Chanel

1. Nicola March 30, 2009 at 18:34 #

She just will not let JLo die.

2. Kiran_Sooknandan March 30, 2009 at 18:49 #

Nicky Hilton did go through as phase like tinsley were she carried a samantha thavasa bag to everyting in like 2004

3. Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 19:44 #

Beyoncé have thavasa bag in many candids in 2003 2004

4. Stefano March 30, 2009 at 20:35 #

That’s the one thing I despise about Victoria Beckham. She’s been ‘designing’ so many collections for the brand for some years now, and she’s NEVER ever worn anything out of it. Not that I would like to see her wearing a Samantha Thavasa bag – let’s face it, they’re not that good really. Instead, she should stop selling her image to a brand she doesn’t believe in.
    The same goes for all the other celebrities who’ve been doing the same.

5. Terry March 30, 2009 at 20:42 #

Paris sometimes still carries some Samantha Thavasa bags, designed by her sister, which are absolutely better than the ones she designed for her own collection.

6. Raquel March 30, 2009 at 21:10 #

I like the coat, the blouse, the necklace and I adoooore the hair. But leggings? The sandals? Atrocious.

7. Fashion Critic March 30, 2009 at 23:01 #

I am glad to hear that I am wrong on some of these.

I don’t understand why these brands pay stars to endorse products they don’t wear/carry

8. claire March 30, 2009 at 23:14 #

is it me or are JLo’s shoes like a size too big? look at her foot on the left…

9. Fashion Critic March 30, 2009 at 23:25 #

Claire, that seems to be very much a trend.

A lot of celebs -Victoria Beckham particularly- wear shoes that look a size too big. I guess the idea is for comfort, but I think it is equally uncomfortable wearing a shoe too big that it flaps off your foot.

10. kim March 31, 2009 at 02:00 #

i was thinking the same thing with the shoes. not only are they 2 big but they make her feet look gigantic. hate the coat and wud probably like skinny jeans better with an outfit like that. her hair looks nice though