27.03.09

Launch Party for LATISSE

Marisa Tomei wore a dynamic silver strapless Kai Kuhne Fall 2009 dress with contrasting black panels.

The longer length could so easily look dowdy, but this striking number is certainly far from that.

I can imagine this dress looking better in a shorter length though.

The Victoria Beckham dress collection was well represented at this event.

Brooke Shields wore a black strapless dress from the Spring 2009 collection, with black peep-toes.

I love the well tailored bodice, and the belt she added.

We all know how much Victoria Beckham randomly wears gloves with her ensembles, so it’s quite ironic that Debi Mazar chose to wear leather gloves with a cobalt blue dress from Victoria Beckham’s Spring 2009 collection.

The accessories are overkill, but I love Debi in this dress despite you all agreeing with me that Kelly Ripa wore this dress better.

Mandy Moore works a bright red Miu Miu dress teamed with black, triple strap heels and a matching clutch.

I love the puffball sleeves, but overall I’m not stoked.

Maybe if Jewel spent one night at home, her leg would heal faster.

Source

2009 MTV Australia Awards

2009 MTV Australia Awards

In Rihanna's Closet - Balmain, Pratt's, Undercover & Alexander Wang

In Rihanna’s Closet – Balmain, Pratt’s, Undercover & Alexander Wang

10 Responses to Launch Party for LATISSE

1. Naomi March 27, 2009 at 17:16 #

I really like Marissa Tomei's dress although I also think it would look much better shorter.

FC, I think Mandy Moore's dress is Miu Miu

2. Fashion Critic March 27, 2009 at 17:47 #

I think you are most definitely right :)

thanks for the tip Naomi

3. amy b.s. March 27, 2009 at 18:23 #

yeah, not impressed with mandy moore our jewel. a little disappointing actually. marissa tomei’s dress looks amazing however. loved it.

4. robbie March 27, 2009 at 19:08 #

marisa looks fantastic, im not sure about the length but it just looks perfect all in all. i love her hair.

brooke fabulous dress and what agreat body.

debi, like i said before looked nice but the accessorie are over done.

mandy looks really sweet, but its just getting boring with the whole girly girl stuff.

jewel, i never understand the point in celebs, going to these events when they ae on crutches, stay at home and relax jeez, their doctors must get p*ssed off when they see them on the red carpet.

there has defo been something going on with these victoria beckham dresses, strange how no one wore them when they were released, and now suddenly supermodels are wearing them. hmmm.

5. Fashion Critic March 27, 2009 at 19:38 #

Robbie, I have my suspicious too with suddenly everyone wearing her clothes.

My theory is that she may have expected people to come to her, and when they didn’t her PR team kicked into over drive, that is why we now see them so much.

6. WendyB March 27, 2009 at 20:02 #

I wouldn’t touch the length on Marisa’s dress. She looks wonderful.

7. zoe aka drinkupthefashion March 27, 2009 at 20:27 #

hahahahahahahahahahaha! your comment from jewel was hilarious, and probably true.

8. Naomi March 27, 2009 at 20:53 #

No problem. ;)

9. whitestroke April 1, 2009 at 20:31 #

Marisa Tomei – The length of that dress doesn’t look nice on women who don’t have long legs, but she makes it work anyway. LOVE HER! I loved that collection, by the way. Definitely in my TOP 20 of the season.

Mandy Moore – I think she looks adorable. Thank God there’s at least one celeb out there that doesn’t lose it after they get married. Quite the opposite, she seems to be glowing more than usual.

Jewel – I don’t get it, someone enlighten me. Is there a reason for her being constantly on the red carpet lately in spite of her injury? Is she like promoting a new album or something? Because I don’t remember seeing her this much even when her legs were okay.

10. ZJL December 19, 2009 at 18:31 #

If I were any one of these stars, would need a personal stylest, who would tell me:

MARISA: Gorgeius dress, darling, but it is too big for your body and the length is awkward. Tailor it or lose it.

BROOK, sweetheart, you look stunning and are in perfect shape. The dress is a knockout. It’s just crying out for a necklace though.

DEBI, LOVE LOVE LOVE you in this trendy royal blue and your figure knocks me dead. But the gloves and oversized handbag make me think you stepped back in time 50 years and are on a shopping trip instead of on the carpet.

MANDY, beautiful, but don’t even THINK of stepping out in this dress without a BELT!!!! It will make or break your look.

JEWEL dearest, go to the event if you must, but skip the red carpet because the crutch, and this dress, are not doing your image any good (with the dress being the worser of the two).