Runway To “2009 USO-Metro Awards Dinner” – Renee Zellweger In Carolina Herrera

In 2007, Renee Zellweger didn’t step on the red carpet unless she was in a strapless dress.

Most of those dress were modified from the runway, and it appears after some variety in 2008, Renee has returned to the style she loves best…of course in Carolina Herrera.

Last night Renee did her part for the troops, giving thanks to members of the United States military, at the USO Metropolitan Washington Awards Dinner.

Her Carolina Herrera Fall 2009 black strapless embroidered dress, has been hugely modified from the runway as you can see, but still recognizable from the leafy embroidery.

Renee is no stranger to doing this. She also modified a dress for the Leatherheads Paris premiere.

I’m not sure about you, but I prefer the runway version, although their is a lot of charm in her strapless version.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
In Rihanna's Closet - Alexander Wang Heels

In Rihanna’s Closet – Alexander Wang Heels

In Rachel Bilson's Closet - D&G Blue Sequin Blazer

In Rachel Bilson’s Closet – D&G Blue Sequin Blazer

6 Responses to Runway To “2009 USO-Metro Awards Dinner” – Renee Zellweger In Carolina Herrera

1. Sarah March 26, 2009 at 20:22 #

Surprisingly I like the modified version better…although I think both are great. I think it’s the detailing at the bottom that makes it for me.

2. Mei March 26, 2009 at 20:30 #

I agree with that the runway version is better, but I love the modified version as well, as it is original, new and fabulous.

Her version shows off her body more and looks less conservative, more appropraite for an awards night. But her shoe choice could have been better.

Also she is like a match made in heaven with the Carolina Herrera brand and the best unofficial ambassador.

3. Fashion Critic March 26, 2009 at 20:32 #

I would say she is more of an official ambassador. LOL :)

I think the only other brands she wore last year were L’Wren Scott and Marchesa.

4. robbie March 26, 2009 at 20:40 #

i have to sayu i love both versions. if i had the choice to get this dress though i would get rid of the sleeves. but it is a very beauiful dress.

5. Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 22:02 #

Both dresses are gorgeous, and I think Renee really makes it work! I love it!

6. alyssa March 27, 2009 at 13:19 #

I prefer the runway version without hesitation :) lovely dress from CH which is not usually one of my faves.