25.03.09

Runway To “Forever Enthralled” South Korea Premiere – Zhang Ziyi In Gucci

I was just about to applaud Ziyi Zhang for redeeming herself after her Louis Vuitton press screening look, when I scanned down to the pink suede shoes.

At her Forever Enthralled premiere today, Zhang wore a tropical print Gucci Spring 2009 asymmetrical dress, which was so incredible cute on her, but I’m not loving the orange, brown and white print dress, with the pink shoes.

Their seems to be a succession of ‘one small things’ throwing looks off balance at the moment. Katie Holmes’ leggings is another classic example.

Source & Source

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery - International Fashion Film Awards

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery – International Fashion Film Awards

"Forces For Nature" Benefit

"Forces For Nature" Benefit

11 Responses to Runway To “Forever Enthralled” South Korea Premiere – Zhang Ziyi In Gucci

1. Mariana Marcelos Andrade March 25, 2009 at 19:24 #

Wow…. Did not understand the shoes AT ALL.
    Could have been a lovely look.

2. Bibu March 25, 2009 at 20:09 #

The dress looks so pretty on her… why the shoes???

BTW, Fashion Critic, have you seen photos of Blake Lively arriving at the Letterman show? I think she looked pretty good after all those recent disasters. Here is a photo of her if you’re interested.

3. Nikolett March 25, 2009 at 22:20 #

Im asking from Ziyi just the same what Wendy Torrance asked from Jack Torrance:”How could U?”

4. Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 05:07 #

FC, what was with that other stie? Was that a preview?!

5. Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 06:28 #

I actually didn’t think the leggings with katie’s outfit looked that bad- they fitted in with the “colour block” look of the dress and shoes. This effort on Ziyi is a whole other story however…such a pity, she looks lovely as always from the knees up!

6. jose March 26, 2009 at 07:03 #

lol … i honestly dont think anything would go with a pair of pumps in pink suede.
    nope … cant think of any.

7. Fashion Critic March 26, 2009 at 08:40 #

Anon 4:07, yes :)

It was only suppose to be up for a second while the designers were testing the new design, but it is not complete yet.

8. Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 19:35 #

Oh, honestly….I think the new look is a bit mediocre and exspected. very cluttered

9. Anonymous March 26, 2009 at 20:16 #

I think im the only one who thinks that the pink heels look ok with the dress. The white accents of the dress make it work with the shoes imo. Although this is not her best look to date, at least she is trying to be different and wearing pink suede heels, rather than lots of black shoes you see on the red carpet.

10. whitestroke March 30, 2009 at 22:36 #

Auurggh! :/ Another horror from ZZ. That dress was like the only thing I liked from that collection, and she goes off and ruins it. That shade of tights is even WORSE than the shoes.

11. Silla June 23, 2013 at 15:38 #

As others pointed out, can’t stand the pink shoes with the warm fall colors. The dress itself makes her look fat but since that model is emaciated, I think anyone else in a side by side comparison will look fat. I with she also wore a belt with the outfit.