Claudia Schiffer For Vogue Italia March 2009

Here’s something we don’t see very often, Claudia Schiffer with a different hairstyle.

In her Vogue Italia March 2009 editorial shot by Patrick Demarchelier, the supermodel is entirely dressed in Dolce & Gabbana’s Spring 2009 collection.

It looks to have been a very difficult shoot, as she is crouching down in a back of a limo, with some very shapely, voluminous dresses, but she manages to look fieeeerce.

Miss Goodie-two-shoes even holds a cigarette in one of the pictures.

Source & Source
Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

Runway To Whitney Port To Net-A-Porter

Runway To Whitney Port To Net-A-Porter

13 Responses to Claudia Schiffer For Vogue Italia March 2009

1. M'cr stylist March 24, 2009 at 17:48 #

I dont like this collection at all,, for some reason people are fooled with the designer’s name. I really dont get the belt, when frieda pinto wore it, i cringed.

2. Kary Rivera March 24, 2009 at 17:49 #

She does look fieeeerce! Nice change for her. Love the spring D&G collection.

3. Arasto March 24, 2009 at 17:50 #

I know you loved it but I hated Dolce & Gabbana's spring collection. Especially those ridiculous shoulder circle things. It's cool to think out of the box but not when it impedes on looking nice. This collection looked like what a gypsy would wear if they were living in Las Vegas. Not impressed.

4. Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 18:04 #

A refreshing change for Claudia, although it would have been better if the shoot was taken in more interesting/different poses to show the details more.

5. Lauren March 24, 2009 at 18:12 #

Love this editorial! Claudia looks fierce and Im loving the new hairstyle lol! I love this collection (though it looks much better on the carpet than on the runway)

6. Ling March 24, 2009 at 18:49 #

I agree with Anon, I think this editorial could have been shot with some more interesting poses instead of taking place in the backseat of a car – let’s have a proper look at the dresses!

7. Rebecca March 24, 2009 at 19:24 #

I don’t know about cigarettes in editorials. It’s a bit of an unimaginative way to make the model look edgy.

8. Dana March 24, 2009 at 19:55 #

I agree with Ling and Rebecca.

Although editorials are not for the sole purpose of trying to get consumers to buy clothes from the designer, when it comes down to it, you want the clothes to look good. Being smushed in the backseat of a car doesn't really do that.

& Rebecca is right about the cigarette. Isn't that so over with and played out? I'm not even talking about the whole "if kids see models with cigarettes, they will want to try them" bit, although it does have truth to it. It's just, can't we do something new? You can be edgy and cool without smoking.

Claudia does look fierce in the shoot, though. I just think it's a tad ridiculous. I'm interested to hear other opinions. That's what I love about this site! For the most part, people are wonderful at expressing different opinions with respect. So lemme hear them- if you agree or disagree! :)

Thanks FC.

9. rachel March 24, 2009 at 22:45 #

please please please do something like that with your hair in real life claudia!!

10. Sarah March 25, 2009 at 00:26 #

I loved this collection, actually. The colours are beautiful and the shapes are interesting (in a good way) to me!

11. Raquel March 25, 2009 at 02:43 #

See, Claudia? See it? You can be fiercy!!! Let’s try that on the red carpet, shall we? We can start with the hair, right?

12. Dana March 26, 2009 at 12:27 #

ugh. no one ever responds to my comments!

13. Fashion Critic March 26, 2009 at 12:31 #

Sorry Dana, the posts move so quickly.

I think the whole cigarette thing is so passé, not even kids are shocked by these types of images anymore.

I see what you mean about the clothes not being properly presented, but creative directors are looking to push the envelope more i guess.