Spring 2009 Runway vs. Zara Spring/Summer 2009

Zara’s Spring/Summer 2009 campaign presents cute mini dresses, oversized blazers, extra long leggings, studded heels, bandage dresses, and boyfriend shirts. I particularly loved the shoes.

Before you ask, you aren’t seeing double, the pictures on the right are of Lara Stone fronting the Zara Spring/Summer 2009 campaign.

Taking a look at the pictures, I couldn’t help but feel a touch of de ja vu, so I have put them together with the pictures from the Spring 2009 runways, which I feel they were best ‘inspired’ by.

My favourites is the Stella McCartney-esqe oversized blazer and the Balmain-esqe heels paired with the Boy by Band of Outsiders-esqe blazer.

Hopefully I can find them the next time I’m in Zara, but I will guess they’re already sold-out.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
90210 Season Wrap Party

90210 Season Wrap Party

Social Events Of The Weekend

Social Events Of The Weekend

19 Responses to Spring 2009 Runway vs. Zara Spring/Summer 2009

1. Paris Pastry March 23, 2009 at 13:10 #

I tried on the Stella McCartney-esqe blazer at Zara, but it looked silly on me!

2. Fashion Critic March 23, 2009 at 13:11 #

sorry to hear that :(

3. Cleopatra March 23, 2009 at 13:32 #

you truly are the master of your trade!

4. Fashion Critic March 23, 2009 at 13:36 #

LOL some would call it an obsession.

Thanks

5. Ling March 23, 2009 at 13:59 #

I love that Blumarine dress lookalike! Zara’s pretty good at copycat dresses – I’ve got a black version of Keira Knightley’s purple Erdem dress from Zara.

6. Vera March 23, 2009 at 14:14 #

I really love ZARA.

Unfortunately, because of the crisis their prices in Russia became little bit high, but their clothes are still worth.

Black Balmain dress and Stella McCartney jacket are already in store.

7. Profashionelle March 23, 2009 at 15:07 #

OMG, the Balmain dress knockoffs are beautiful and I do love the oversized blazers as well (but I’m pretty sure they would look silly on me too). I think a visit to my Zara store is long overdue. ;)

Good work finding the inspirations to all of these looks, FC. The shoes from the Stella McCartney-esque ensemble certainly remind me of Ann Demeulemeester’s Spring 2009 lace boots and the second last thumbnail picture has this Alexander Wang Pre-Fall 2009 vibe to it.

8. Jessica March 23, 2009 at 16:38 #

I like the McCartney jacket.

9. Moi March 23, 2009 at 17:13 #

You’re right, especially about the Balmain’s dresses but at least it allows us to dress nice for a better price.

10. Fashion Critic March 23, 2009 at 18:45 #

thanks Profashioelle :)

11. drinkupthefashion March 23, 2009 at 22:57 #

this entry was so fun to read, you really paired the zara looks with the right runway/designer looks.

lara stone looks awesome as usual :)

12. pbulma March 24, 2009 at 13:42 #

Ok.
    This post could easily explain the sense of deja-vu that I felt when I saw the new Zara collection.

(sorry for my awful english)

13. heather ♥ March 26, 2009 at 00:42 #

I found a few of these pieces today at Zara! I ended up buying the Stella-esque blazer! It is my new favourite piece of clothing! I love it even more than my Vera Wang blazer! and the white is perrrrfect for spring/summer :) its a good fit on me, but definitely is a must-try-on!
    i hope more people can find these pieces because they are all quite nice!
    thanks for posting this FC- I probably wouldn’t have gone to zara otherwise!

14. Fashion Critic March 26, 2009 at 00:47 #

I am so happy for you, I really am.

To hear that puts a huge smile on my face.

I went yesterday too but couldn’t find it in my size, so I got a bag instead :)

15. heather ♥ March 26, 2009 at 06:54 #

Thanks! I was so excited! They also had the blue skirt that was in one of the pics you posted, but i opted to get a new pair of shoes instead- they're actually very similar to these…

i didnt realize it until i got home but they are nearly identical, just without the fringe up the middle… i got them in a dove grey..
    i really noticed a lot of similarities between some of zaras clothes/shoes/accessories and designer stuff– kind of nice to be able to get the look without the designer price tag and without buying "knock offs"!

i'll be wearing my new purchases to the finale runway show challenge for the upcoming season of Canada's Next Top Model! i thought it was a good enough excuse for some new wardrobe additions!

thanks again FC!
    thanks again FC!

16. heather ♥ March 26, 2009 at 06:56 #

OH! and FC- check back, because the lady that checked me out said that they had just come in the morning I picked it up! perhaps they are just arriving in stores now? i hope you find it!

17. Fashion Critic March 26, 2009 at 09:27 #

I won’t give up. :)

I’m sure I will find it in another store.

18. whitestroke March 30, 2009 at 21:50 #

I prefer the Blumarine-esque dress over the original. It’s more on the cool/chic side. And looks really nice paired with that jacket.

19. Seraya April 2, 2009 at 07:07 #

They also knocked off those HOT sandals.. But just like every other hot item at Zara it’s sold out along with that black dress. I eneded up buying the BeBe version on ebay.http://tinyurl.com/dn4czr

BeBe also has some decent representations. The best representation of the runway belt I have seen.