Missoni Cocktail Party

Katie Grand -the former editor of Pop Magazine – ALWAYS gives us the wow factor. This woman is not afraid of fashion.

Not only is she wearing a wooly mammoth fuschia pink Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2009 coat, but she also has Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 bunny ears, as a hair accessory.

Her amazing look is complete with Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 heels and a sparkling pink – barely seen – dress.

Fierce. Only Kate and Roisin Murphy can get away with this look.

Jacquetta Wheeler is having a great week, as this is another fabulous look for her. The model wore a Missoni Maranta silk kimono dress.

The colours are bright, as you would expect from Missoni, but it doesn’t feel like she was trying too hard.

She picked a different multi-coloured belt from the runway, and she completed her look with a woven white bag and gold strappy heels.

Jacquetta didn’t try to hard, but I feel Gemma Arterton did. In an attempt to be cute, this comes off as desperately trying to stand out.

The colours I feel don’t suit her. The runway version would have been better for her. Her pumps are the only thing I like here, as I’m also tiring of that same hairstyle for every event.

I really loved Jade Parfitt’s Missoni Hedda print dress. The multiple colours really drew me in.

The model modified the dress from the runway, making the voluminous sleeves and the skirt shorter.

Her dress was complimented well with a pair of silver heels.

Although I can see the lining of Jade Jagger’s dress and her bra under her dress, this Missoni Brina ruffle tunic dress, was a great choice for the designer, and very typical of her laid back style.

The colours work well with her skintone, and the ruffles on the side are a cute touch.

Margarita Missoni wore a Missoni one-shoulder navy dress. It’s not the most colour piece of all the collections, but as host, she no doubt didn’t want to hog the limelight.

What may not be immediately noticeable is the silver lurex all over the dress, which shimmers in a quite way.

Posing with the head designer Angela Missoni, Jasmine Guinness wore a knitted Missoni Vivace fringe dress.

The two-tone dress has a contrasted banned hem, which Jasmine compliments with a matching belt.

I love Kate Nash’s style, and I feel this Missoni Rosetta woven dress was perfect for her.

It’s cute, sassy, colourful and pink really compliments her milky complexion.

Like Margarita and Jasmine, she wore tights with her look.

Source

10 thoughts on “Missoni Cocktail Party

1. Ace Azri

the first look practically killed every other look present this week. literally and figuratively. lol

2. anna

missoni dresses sometimes look pretty for me, like blue one-shoulder one or pink silk kimono dress, but the other remind me something baggy?! i don’t know how to explain… ))

3. robbie

katie looks a complete mess, hate it all!

jacquetta looks fantastic, love that she didnt wear the same belt shown on the runway version.

gemma i love that dress, i dont like the colour though its a little too “granny couch”.

jade AMAZING, she just looks so beautiful.

jade j, looks really nice, but the lining is very off putting i dont mind the bra though. but its a nice dress.

maragarita, would have look fantastic if she didnt ruin the look with tights.

jasmine, that was one of my favourite dresses from this collection, but again tights just ruin it, but the shoes look really pretty.

kate, gorgeous dress but yet tights just ruin it again.

4. LILA

A Missoni store would be my definition for heaven so is no surprise i love every single outfit in this post, even the non Missoni one worn by Katie Grand, outstandingly fierce! Love the LV bunny ears. As (former in jade’s case?!) models, Jacquetta and Jade Parfitt are supposed to look great but i simply love them here. Jacquetta looks sophisticated, radiant and kinda laid back while I love how Jade’s dress was modiefied to show her never ending legs. Then, Margherita looked gorgeous as usual, love love love her dress(!!) and Jasmine looked so adorable! I’m not too fond of the way Jade Jagger and Jemma Arterton look in their dress, Jade is too casual and Jemma didn’t choose the right colours..and the right dress. I really like Kate Nash’s look..and it’s me or she’s lost some weight?! Anyway..my biggest question is: How come Joy Bryant was absent from a Missoni event?! Unaccettable!

5. Fashion Critic

LOL, Lila.

It’s only because the event is in London and for mostly UK celebs, otherwise I sure she would have been there.

6. Anonymous

Okay, Katie Grand is ‘amazing’? When she’s wearing a more over the top – complete with ribbon/’bunny ears’ – version of what Jessica Alba was mocked for wearing to fashion week just a few days ago?

Yeah, not feeling that.

Looks far better on the model, but even then, that’s because she’s on a runway, and everything worn under and around the coat is minimalised to make the coat the focal point.

Grand has way too much going on and is just laughable.

Maybe it works better if you know the wearer’s personality but it’s still fugly to my eyes.

7. Fashion Critic

Like you said it comes down to personailty.

Those who know Katie Grand know this is her style, she is not trying to be anyone else this is HER. She is well regarded in the fashion industry.

She most definitely picked this look herself, unlike Jessica who was given her fur cape only because she was in the front row of the designers show.

To compare to two makes no sense to me, but thanks for your comment.

8. whitestroke

Haha Katie Grand is amazing. I love when such women show that not only fashion victims who are just obsessed with labels and have no style are the ones who are allowed to look this outrageous. She totally rocks the fashion, showing she’s an intelligent woman who uses fashion as one of the means of self-expression. I would never wear something like that, but I love it on her.

The rest are quite MEH.