19.03.09 Premiere

"Los Abrazos Rotos" (Broken Embraces) World Premiere

Penelope Cruz – alongside fellow Spanish actress Blanca Portillo and Director Pedro Almodóvar – is back to her stunning best wearing a L’Wren Scott black sparkling gown.

I am really happy those blunt bangs are gone, as this Cindy Crawford-esqe style it more fitting.

Little sis Monica Cruz wore a black Antonio Berardi Spring 2009 mini shirt dress, with black slingbacks and a gold clutch.

She could have worn the fuschia pink version of this dress and really stood out, but this was her sister’s night to shine.

The neckline of Rosana Pastor’s blue satin dress is exquisite.

I love her Jimmy Choo Corsica strappy sandals, but for me they don’t work with the dress.

Elena Ballesteros style is impeccable here. I would rock this look in a heart-beat.

The Spanish actress wore Chanel cropped jacket, with black leggings and black sandals. She added touches of colour with her white tee and red quilted clutch.

Ellen’s look has a Parisian vibe to it, J’Adore ?.

Model Blanca Romero wore a very cute gingham Christian Dior bubble hemmed dress. I love the cute bow detail on the waist, and matching grey Dior heels.

Gorgeous model Eugenia Silva added nude accessories with her black and white look.

I adore her belted blazer, and I am happy to finally seen one of those mini Christian Dior Spring 2009 sheer skirts on the red carpet.

Bibiana Fernandez wore than stood out on this red carpet wearing a one-shouldered turquoise Lanvin leopard print dress. This dress may look familiar to you, and that is because Maggie Gyllenhaal wore it to the Golden Globe Awards earlier this year.

Bibi’s funky look is completed with a gold pair of Christian Louboutin multi buckle sandals.

I was drawn to Cayetana Guillen Cuervo’s white Juanjo Oliva Spring 2009 dress, because of the origami bow.

Normally this kind of bold detail puts me off, but it really works well here.

Actress Veronica Sanchez works an oversized blazer look, which is very much a trend right now.

Her check pants and French Connection wooden clutch, complete this laid back chic look.

Source & Source

Scarlett Johansson For Vogue Paris April 2009

Scarlett Johansson For Vogue Paris April 2009

In Mary-Louise Parker's Closet - Roberto Cavalli Gown

In Mary-Louise Parker’s Closet – Roberto Cavalli Gown

17 Responses to "Los Abrazos Rotos" (Broken Embraces) World Premiere

1. anna March 19, 2009 at 12:16 #

well, Penelope is not my heroine, she’s too bright appearance for me. but I also like this new hair look more. I also LOVE Elena Ballesteros look, so light and stylish! lanvin dress looks boring for me, don’t know why. Veronica Sanchez tried to follow the oversized trend, but in my opinion, it’s not a good idea to mix such blazer with such pants, maybe with leggings or shorts it would be better.

2. robbie March 19, 2009 at 12:20 #

wow penelope truly is back to her best, at long last.

monica looks really pretty, i love the dress and the shoes are nice, aswell as her clutch.

rosana looks really nice, i love the colour and the neckline is stunning. i only hope those jimmy choos dont get over worn though, by everyone.

elena, WOW amazing, extremely amazing.

blanca looks nice, i love the shoes more than that dress though.

eugenia is just stunning, i wasnt sure if i would like the sheer skirts but she looks great in it, and still looking classy.

bibi gorgeous dress, so much nicer than the longer version maggie had, i love the gold accessories.

cayetana, it all looks great.

veronica, it is a very nice casual outfit but still stylish, dont like the check trousers though.

3. Raquel March 19, 2009 at 13:38 #

Rosana’s dress is to die for and I adore the neckline, but satin is a royal pain, look all those wrinkles.

I really like Blanc’s look. So chic and polished. The makeup with the coral lipstick is to die for. Very classy.

4. Moi March 19, 2009 at 14:14 #

Kudos to Monica for letting her sister shines. The dress is absolutely gorgeous!
    I want the Jimmy Choo’s sandals!!

5. Carmen March 19, 2009 at 14:59 #

My favorite is Cayetana Guillen Cuervo, her Juanjo Oliva dres is stuning.

6. Kris March 19, 2009 at 15:06 #

Penelope looks stunning, I think she has genuine beauty.
    Elena Ballesteros looks so chic…and so French. I don’t really like the obvious choice of red clutch but everything else is perfect.
    Wow! Eugenia Silva looks amazing. She makes a see through mini skirt look classy. I love the nude shoes.
    Sanchez’s pants are horrendous and the fit of the blazer and the pants just don’t go together at all. The clutch and the shoes don’t compliment each other–this is an overall terrible look.

7. Fashion Critic March 19, 2009 at 15:11 #

thanks Carmen, I adore her dress.

8. Joana March 19, 2009 at 20:09 #

I love Elena Ballesteros look! Her shoes, surprisingly, are from Zara!

9. Mai March 19, 2009 at 21:46 #

I love Elena Ballesteros outfit!! it goes so well and she look so chic!
    i am usually not a fan of chanel (bc sometimes feels tooo timeless that its boring) but i love that cropped jacket!

10. Anonymous March 20, 2009 at 00:50 #

Pe was great, she use to surprise everyone when she comes to Spain, love her.
    Monica wasn’t bad, but she was to casual, it was very simple it doesn’t has anything special, Doesn’t convince me.
    Rosana could have go to the hairdress or even make-up, but her dress was lovely, I agree with you with the sandals thing, they just don’t work together.
    Elena was incredible, she was the best one for me, and the most surprising!! she use to be really disappointing in the red carpet, but this time really great, I’m in love with her outfit.
    Blanca the same from Monica, just not bad, nothing more to add.
    Eugenia was also incredible, I don’t have another word to describe her look, I love how she combine thing, fabulous.
    Bibiana Fernandez (I don’t know why you put Andersen) was fine too like a femme fatale, realy sexy and glamourous, a good combination.
    I think it’s the first time I see Cayetana in a red carpet, and I don’t think I will remember it for the rest of my life, she tried, and she wasn’t bad neither good, I don’t know, just as boring and flat as Monica and Blanca.
    Veronica Sanchez didn’t succed on TV so she tries in partys, I think she’s pathetic and I don’t like her outfit at all, did she forgot the glamour at home next to her talent??

11. Fashion Critic March 20, 2009 at 09:59 #

The picture agency I got her photo from named her as Anderson. As I don’t know her, I was not aware I was incorrect, but thanks for the correction.

12. Lauren March 20, 2009 at 20:59 #

Is the clutch Veronica carrying one of the limited edition wooden box clutches from French Connection?

13. Fashion Critic March 20, 2009 at 21:08 #

Thanks Lauren you are so right. I just remembered that they featured this clutch in this months Vogue.

I knew I had seen it somewhere before.

14. Lauren March 20, 2009 at 21:38 #

:D
    Glad I could help
    I had just saw it 10 minutes before in Look magazine lol

15. María!!!! March 25, 2009 at 17:09 #

I think the clutch is actually from a shop called “Hazel” they have BEAUTIFUL accesorices… I just love them all (I say it just in case some spanish girl reads it… Its hard to find all these shops celebrities go… And it’s sad :( And for once, we can reach it!!AND IT COSTS ONLY 39.95€!! )
    P.S. :I LOVE YOUR SITE! every 5 min I’m checking if you wrote something else!

16. Fashion Critic March 25, 2009 at 17:25 #

Thanks Maria. I’m so glad you are enjoying my blog

17. Anonymous April 3, 2009 at 00:06 #

Maria please could you post the website address to this “hazel” website, thanks!

“María!!!! said…

P.S. :I LOVE YOUR SITE! every 5 min I’m checking if you wrote something else!”