18.03.09

“Valentino: The Last Emperor” New York Premiere

Anne Hathaway’s white asymmetrical ruched Valentino dress is gorgeous from every angle. She looks outstanding.

After a so so awards season, this sees her return to her best.

Gwyneth Paltrow wore a black strapless Valentino dress, she has worn before back in 2003.

The dress is a fit for the occasion, but I am not wowed by it. Her hair and make-up is impeccable as always, and she completes her look with a stunning Chopard bracelet.

Claire Danes pistachio green Valentino Spring 2008 Couture cap sleeved dress makes her stand out, as this is the most sophisticated dress at the event.

It almost feels too sophisticated, but I would take more over less any day.

Selita Ebanks sure knows how to stand out in a crowd. The model arrived at this premiere, working the hell out of this Balmain Fall 2008 mini dress.

Talk about jaw dropping.

The very LBD has a lace overlay and stunning embellished details on the bust, shoulders and skirt. The sex appeal is amped up with zippers going across the body.

I am always grateful to Tinsley Mortimer for adding a burst of colour onto the red carpet.

If you are wondering were those colourful clutches she is always carrying are from, they’re self designed for her Samantha Thavasa range.

This particular apple green clutch, matches the green straps on her snake print Jimmy Choo Corsica strappy sandals.

Even a simple white shirt dress becomes a hot look for Padma Lakshmi.

I don’t think I have ever seen Agyness Deyn so muted.

The model wore a black velvet Marc Jacobs Fall 2008 hooded dress. I think this is one of two pieces that ever made the red carpet, from that very questionable collection.

I think Lake Bell’s expression says it all. Bad choice of dress.

Coco Rocha seems to be opting for a softer look these days, since she took on presenting duties for Style.com. Last night she wore a Jason Wu Fall 2009 ensemble.

The wine sweater, printed skirt combo, with a statement necklace is beyond fabulous.

Daphne Guinness looks a little startled.

Is it because someone informed the Guinness heiress that she is wearing the same Gareth Pugh Spring 2009 dress which Beyonce wore to the MTV Europe Music Awards?

Her look is complete with Christian Louboutin platformed Mary Janes, and a black Azzedine Alaia belt.

Georgina Chapman wore a black sequined and feathered Marchesa Fall 2008 dress, under a gold and black fur trimmed coat.

Source & Source

Who Wore Jenni Kayne Better? Sophia Bush or Jamie Chung

Who Wore Jenni Kayne Better? Sophia Bush or Jamie Chung

In Michelle Williams' Closet - Chloé Striped Dress

In Michelle Williams’ Closet – Chloé Striped Dress

25 Responses to “Valentino: The Last Emperor” New York Premiere

1. SydneyCheapChic March 18, 2009 at 11:26 #

wow selita ebanks looks smoking!

I also love coco rocha’s simple ensemble..

2. Maslačak March 18, 2009 at 11:35 #

coco rocha looks great, i also love Anne Hathaway and Tinsley Mortimer although i really hate pink but she rocks it for me… Selita Ebanks looks astonishing but somehow for me it’s too much for this occasion… and what’s wrong with Gwyneth’s make up… it’s really bad… her face looks too orange, too artificial :S

3. Hermine March 18, 2009 at 11:42 #

Selita Ebanks definately looks on fire in that LBD. But i hate her and Joy Brant for still looking exceptionally beautiful without makeup!

4. Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 11:52 #

I loved the balmain dress on Selita Ebanks when I saw it on the catwalk. But I would have preffered to see it on someone else.

5. Nikki March 18, 2009 at 12:12 #

Honestly, I find Anne Hathaway’s look boring. Yes, the dress is gorgeous and all but I’m sick of seeing her in white or silver-esque dresses and gowns. Lately, if she’s not in white, she’s wearing nude or off-white; and if not this color she’s wearing black. Blah! She needs to wear color!

Selita Banks is sexy. But the dress is just too sexy and out there for me. She almost leaves nothing to the imagination.

I like Claire Danes’ dress and the color looks good on her. Pretty!

Love the color of Tinsley Mortimer…just not on her. She’s drowning.

Ahhh Lake Bell. Seeing the reaction on her face made me laugh. Bad choice for the usually stylish Lake Bell.

Coco Rocha looks beautiful. I love her outfit especially her necklace.

6. ber March 18, 2009 at 13:56 #

Padma needs a new stylist. She’s gorgeous, but always looks horrible on the red carpet.

7. Meg March 18, 2009 at 14:53 #

I think Claire Danes looks the best.
    LOL at Daphne Guinness, FC the startled look isn’t random, she’s been wearing that expression for the last couple of months.

8. Fashion Critic March 18, 2009 at 14:55 #

Gotcha :)

She shoulda gone to Doctor 90210.

9. Raquel March 18, 2009 at 15:16 #

Annie looks good… and safe. Sort of like Kate Winslet. I want her to be daring, I want her to go for the va-voom factor.

No other celebrity can wear this shade of pink like Tinsley. She owns it.

This is the best I’ve seen Agyness. It was a bad collection, but she makes this outfit work. It’s sort of androginous, yet very sexy.

I find the Balmain dress awful and vulgar. She looks horrible in it.

Gwynneth’s foundation is too shades darker than her skintone, a personal pet peeve of me.

I don’t care if it’s Marchesa, Georgina’s look is bad. It ages her a good ten years and the coat? So Camilla Parker-Bowles.

10. Raquel March 18, 2009 at 15:17 #

Ooops, forgot to say that I adore Claire’s dress. So old glamour, so… Grace Kelly.

But I’m still supporting the “Feed Claire!” campaign.

11. Fashion Critic March 18, 2009 at 15:19 #

Raquel, I agree about Georgina.

Hence she is last on this post.

12. Moi March 18, 2009 at 15:33 #

I really like the pink dress. I would never have thought about matching it with green shoes but it looks really good. I also like the look on Claire Danes , very elegant.

13. Kou March 18, 2009 at 17:12 #

Selita looks amazing. Home run! Already in my top 10 of 2009. Can you ID the shoes FC? SE is a big Louboutin girl but those don’t look like Louboutin.

14. Kou March 18, 2009 at 17:42 #

Saw this pic http://img264.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45631_selitacelebutopia3_122_46lo.jpg
    and I was right they’re not Loubs. Hmm.

15. robbie March 18, 2009 at 17:54 #

anne, looks really nice, but nothing sticks out for me to love it.

gwyneth yawnnnnnn, i hate her hair, it makes her face look longer.

claire looks FABULOUS!

selita DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, she looked god damn amazing.

tinsley, nice but nothing special, HATE THE HAIR!!!!! gorgeous choos though.

padma, looks okay a bit to plain.

agyness WTF, she looks like the grim reaper. that collection was FUGLY

lake, haha her face is hilarous, looks like someone farted.

coc, really nice, but her skin always look like she is ill, it is realllllly pale. cute outfit though.

daphne, very cruella de vil not a good look to be honest.

georgina, looks great, but the coat ages her, i LOVE her shoes though any idea who they are by? my guess would be louboutin

16. sashagirl March 18, 2009 at 17:55 #

I actually think that Agyness looks adorable.

17. Fashion Critic March 18, 2009 at 17:59 #

Kou, I think they are Roger Vivier.

It always harder to i-D shoes, as tend to be seasonless.

18. Alicia March 18, 2009 at 18:06 #

Yes…unfortunately, Meg is right: that’s Daphne Guinness’ favorite pose. It’s too bad. She wears some fabulous clothes.

19. Kou March 18, 2009 at 18:56 #

Thanks FC.

20. Vania March 18, 2009 at 19:51 #

I really love the dress of Anne..she is very chic!
    does someone recognize the season of her valentino?

21. drinkupthefashion March 18, 2009 at 20:05 #

Selita Ebanks: I LOVE YOU! i’ve lioved you ever since i saw you first walking for vs, you’re just so beautiful, how could anyone not like you? AND OMG, THAT is how you wear balmain.

SJP CANNOT HOLD A CANDLE TO THAT. when i saw sjp wearing balmain i was definitely not impressed, because i knew it could be worn so much better. when jennifer connolly wore it i was happy to see balmain on the red carpet but i wasn’t wowed into a coma like the rest of you guys, because i knew it could be worn better. thank you selita for being living proof! SHE IS MY BEST DRESSED OF THE WEEK. NO DOUBT.

22. Fashion Critic March 18, 2009 at 20:18 #

*wowed into a coma* LOL I love that comment. :)

23. Ayesha March 18, 2009 at 21:22 #

Selita Ebanks..wow ..just WOW. She has the most amazing face. Claire Danes on the other hand, always ..ALWAYS manages to bore me..no matter what she wears. Maybe it’s the dazed expression, and plastic smile that she always seems to have.

24. Kris March 18, 2009 at 23:48 #

I feel like Anne Hathaway doesn’t care much for fashion (which I find to be quite all right because she’s a good actress and thus cares more about her films) which is why she tends to be a bit on the boring side in terms of what she wears. She doesn’t bother me though, let her be this way on the carpet just as long as she keeps making good films.

Claire Danes’ dress is so Grace Kelly, I agree, even down to the mint green color. However, I disagree about what someone mentioned in regards to her weight–she’s always been very svelte but at the same time muscular and toned.

Selita Banks Balmain dress should have been made just an inch longer in order to make it appear less hussy-esque. I like her bangs for some reason.

I love Agyness Deyn, she is just so crazy and fun and it seems genuine. I disagree with the majority of your comments towards her, FC, simply because I feel like that’s is actually the type of person that she is; she’s not trying to get attention with her clothes, she already has it. :)

I adore Daphne Guinness, she is truly a fashionista, one who collects and adores clothes, instead of just wearing them. I love her style, I love her kooky hair, and I love her astonished look, believe it or not. She can never, ever do wrong. I don’t know, I just feel like we need more women like her: women who adore clothes at the same level as she and who are so highly respected for doing exactly what they please.

25. whitestroke March 30, 2009 at 17:44 #

Anne Hathaway – The dress looks horrible on her. Especially the top.
    Gwyneth Paltrow – Chris not selling enough records? LOL Sorry.
    Claire Danes – Yawn. I would never wear a dress like that.
    Selita Ebanks – I’m not wowed in the slightest. HATE the way she’s pushed the boobs up. Such a statement dress is NOT about your boobs, believe it or not. Don’t really like the way it looks on her body in general. Anna Jagodzinska wore it way too good for anyone else to come close.
    Tinsley Mortimer – She knows her colors.
    Coco Rocha – That was one of my fav looks from that collection. She should have worn it in the way it was on the runway, with a sweater over the skirt. It’d look more chic and less ladies-who-lunch. But it’s okay anyway.
    Agyness Deyn – She does look bad. Boring dress. The runway version is slightly more interesting, OR the similar baby blue dress on Vlada right after that. I think it’s a shame that collection wasn’t worn that much. A lot of pieces could work, especially when you go through it now. It was quite a shock for me too when it was just shown, but it started a whole lot of trends we saw in the seasons to come. Like the whole 80s thing, and that cut of pants.