18.03.09

Fashion Fringe 2009 Launch Party

We all know that Donatella Versace never wears a runway dress, instead she modifies pieces and totally makes them unique to her.

In this case her white asymmetrical dress is a asymmetrical gown and a white strapless dress, which were both presented during her Spring 2009 collection, merged into one dress.

Model Jacquetta Wheeler wore a simple black tank top and gold buckled belt, with her Luella Spring 2009 skirt.

The gorgeous purple skirt with a gold pattern is with pleated frills, to give a whimsical feel to her overall look.

Natalia Vodianova could have really done without the leggings with her taupe coloured Versace Spring 2009 mini dress.

Like Katie Holmes’ recent Jason Wu look, the leggings totally ruin this for me.

I have done a post on The Never Changing Hairstyle Of Amanda Bynes, and many of you have expressed a need to do a similar post for Claudia Schiffer.

Yes her hair is glossy and gorgeous, but it never changes. Even in her latest Salvatore Ferragamo ad campaign, her hairstyle remains the same.

The model posed wearing a black pant suit, and a polka dotted blouse. Her nude accessories really stood out from her dark look.

I must say I am very surprised that both Natalia and Claudia weren’t at the Valentino New York premiere, they usually follow him everywhere.

Source & Source

"I Love You, Man" LA Premiere

"I Love You, Man" LA Premiere

In Beyonce Knowles' Closet - Diane von Furstenberg Gold Metallic Bag

In Beyonce Knowles’ Closet – Diane von Furstenberg Gold Metallic Bag

7 Responses to Fashion Fringe 2009 Launch Party

1. ber March 18, 2009 at 17:18 #

The Luella skirt is adorable!

2. Moi March 18, 2009 at 19:09 #

I went to see your post of designers wearing their collections and it was really interesting! I never realized Donatella Versace was doing this. I like her dress a lot!

3. Fashion Critic March 18, 2009 at 19:21 #

Thanks Moi. That is very kind of you to say so. :)

4. Raquel March 18, 2009 at 22:30 #

Donatella actually looks good. What a surprise. Did she put some weight? If so, what a difference a couple of pounds can do to one’s look.

CLAUDIA!!! IT’S CALLED A PONYTAIL!!!!

5. robbie March 18, 2009 at 23:05 #

i cant beleive i forgot to comment this post.

donatella, may have a face like a fish but her body is amazing and she dresses perfectly, i love the detail on the dress.

jacquetta, she looks amazing, but i dont like the tights, but i can live with that i suppose.

natalia, hmm leggings seem to be the new tights, i saw about 9 girls today wearing leggings. i think it would have looked nicer without the tights but she looks great.

claudia is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring, she is drop dead beautiful but still dresses in boring black and doesnt change her hair. wish she styled it like she had it in the shampoo commercials she does.

6. Kris March 18, 2009 at 23:54 #

I love Donatella’s style; she is always impeccably dressed and knows exactly what suits her body, something a lot of women can’t seem to get a grasp on.

The Luella skirt is so pretty!

Claudia Schiffer doesn’t change her hair because it works for her. Why fix something that isn’t broken? You don’t necessarily have to change her hair every few years, if something looks good on you why change it? Do you change your eyebrow shape every year? I know, bad analogy but I’ve had my hairstyle for the past five years because it looks great on me and I don’t feel as beautiful with other hairstyles and therefore I won’t change it for the sake of change.
    She likes it, obviously, so let her have it, guys. :)

7. whitestroke March 30, 2009 at 18:14 #

No matter how many different dresses she modifies, every dress turns out the same. I feel like I’ve seen Donatella in that same dress countless times before.

LOVE Jacquetta Wheeler’s outfit. I’d wear something like that.

Don’t get the whole leggings thing at all. Doesn’t make any sense.