18.03.09

Carine Roitfeld Revealed On CNN

You have no doubt heard about Carine Roitfeld’s mini documentary for CNN. If you are real lover of fashion and creativity of Carine, this will be a must-see for you. I have uploaded the full-length feature in 3 parts.

I love it when she talks about her favourite model Lara Stone. She describes Lara as different from the other models, and she loves the fact that she has more shape, and hips, signalling to me that she likes curvier models. Vogue Paris February 2009 was totally dedicated to Lara Stone, now I understand why.

Her son Vladimir Roitfeld, is very handsome, and is the spitting image of her, even down to their matching hairstyles.

In the documentary Carine is being filmed during Paris Fashion Week. She was already wearing one of the print dresses from the Balenciaga Fall 2009 collection.

Her dress incorporated the print on the left, with the plunging neck dress on the right.

So chic, so Carine.

Source

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Sophie Kinsella or Victoria Beckham

Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Sophie Kinsella or Victoria Beckham

9 Responses to Carine Roitfeld Revealed On CNN

1. robbie March 18, 2009 at 21:09 #

one thing i have to say it she looks alot better in film rather than in picture. she comes across extremely nice, alot more than anna wintour does. plus for a woman with such a powerful job that she has, she seems really down to earth. i LOVE her accent!

but oh my god karl is just wow, words can not describe how amazing he is.

julia looks alot like jessica stam. her son is very handsome. carine was so beautiful when she was young. im very very jealous of her daughter she got all her old dresses.

thank you for posting this FC it really was very interesting to watch :)

2. Danielle March 18, 2009 at 21:28 #

Thank you for posting!

3. Fashion Critic March 18, 2009 at 21:30 #

You are very welcome.

I really enjoyed it too.

her accent is so cute and like you said she seems like a really nice person

4. Naomi March 18, 2009 at 21:42 #

Hi FC! Thanks for posting this. I caught the last 10 minutes or so of this this morning whilst home sick and I loved it. I loved the Balenciaga dress, sooo lucky.

5. amy b.s. March 18, 2009 at 23:30 #

Thanks you for uploading this! I do not have CNN and was dreading that I was going to have to youtube it or something. Thank you!

6. Sarah March 18, 2009 at 23:32 #

Thanks FC! I enjoyed watching that.. I’ve loved Carine for as long as I can remember!

7. Freida fan March 19, 2009 at 00:01 #

Amazing woman. The documentary was so interesting, she came off as a genuine person who loves what she does.Her kids were great too!
    Very inspiring.

Nicole

8. Kris March 19, 2009 at 02:47 #

Yes! I’ve adored this woman for years now; I absolutely love her nonchalant chicness. I think more American women should take note from her sense of style–that Balenciaga dress looks so casual on her it’s amazing. I think she is marvelous and I do hope that she stays in Europe and doesn’t take over after Wintour because I don’t think American women would embrace her way of editing. French Vogue is a whole other world compared to American Vogue.
    Lovely post!

9. Rock*Star March 19, 2009 at 12:02 #

WOW. She's the most faboulous woman I have ever seen!

I loved the part after the ysl show, when she was walking down the stairs, she looked AMAZING! & the coat AHH its just soo COOL.

I'm soo in love with her. What a role-model:)