17.03.09 Brand Ambassador

Joy Bryant – Missoni’s Unofficial Brand Ambassador

We all have a brand we favour. If I could afford it, mine would be Giambattista Valli and Lanvin.

Charlize Theron’s is Dior, Renee Zellweger’s is Carolina Herrera and Victoria Beckham’s is her own collection.

These I would term ‘official brand ambassador’s’.

Joy Bryant loves Missoni. There’s hardly an event she attends – and there are many – in which she doesn’t wear Missoni.

When I met Joy at the Marchesa Fall 2009 presentation, I asked her why she had a particular love for Missoni.

Is she due to be announced as the face of the brand?

She told me it’s simply because the clothes fit her in terms of her style, and she feels very comfortable when she wears their pieces, and that’s most important for her.

I then went onto inform her that several of us hate her for wearing no make-up on the red carpet, and still looked outstanding beautiful. She started laughing. I guess she sensed I was joking.

I wasn’t. It’s just not fair.

Source & Source

Best Dressed Of The Year 2008 - Critic's Choice

Best Dressed Of The Year 2008 – Critic’s Choice

Beyonce Knowles For Vogue US April 2009

Beyonce Knowles For Vogue US April 2009

11 Responses to Joy Bryant – Missoni’s Unofficial Brand Ambassador

1. drinkupthefashion March 17, 2009 at 17:20 #

joy has amazing skin. i love her. i love her smile, her style, her skin, everything!
    i wish my skin was more even, but i’m not complaining. i’m just in admiration of joy.

2. LILa March 17, 2009 at 17:24 #

YAY i was really looking forward to this post..since i love Missoni and Joy Bryant so much, not necceserely together though ^^ I’ve always thought that her smile truly reflects through the clothes she wears (does that make any sense?! ^^) because they both are so bright, joyful and inspire happyness. Then, the first two outifts you posted are two of my favourite of hers. And i agree, it’s just not fair, she’s so perfect even without any make up!

3. Kou March 17, 2009 at 17:36 #

Thanks for the post and insight FC :).

4. Fashion Critic March 17, 2009 at 17:49 #

Sorry it took so long. I know I promised to do this a while ago

5. Profashionelle March 17, 2009 at 20:53 #

Hey FC,

I think you missed one of Joy’s best Missoni looks. She was wearing a beautiful pink floor-length Missoni number recently at the Women’s World Awards in Vienna (see here). This is my favorite Joy/Missoni combo yet. :)

And yes, how can one look so radiant without makeup? Life’s just not fair.

6. Fashion Critic March 17, 2009 at 21:01 #

Hey Profeshionelle, I could have posted about 10 different Missoni looks, but I did not want to put too many pictures on the post.

The picture of Joy in the coat is from the same night.

7. Profashionelle March 17, 2009 at 23:30 #

Did she really wear Missoni that much? Had no clue :)

And oh yes, now I see. I should’ve paid more attention the first time.

8. Beyond Q8iya March 18, 2009 at 06:59 #

hey FC,

unbelievable blog!

i was just wondering, where would one be able to purchase those Missoni wonders online? and which collection is this?

9. Fashion Critic March 18, 2009 at 08:26 #

Beyond Q8iya, thanks. You are too kind.

The collection from the left 2 is Spring 09, the next 2 is Fall 08

Try Net-A-Porter, MyTheresa, Luisa Via Roma, Browns Fashion, Matches, Saks, Neiman Marcus online stores

10. whitestroke March 30, 2009 at 17:01 #

Maybe Joy is just my kind of girl. ;) I think I look better without makeup, so I very rarely bother putting it on. Or maybe I’m just lazy. LOL

11. Fashion Critic March 30, 2009 at 17:22 #