13.03.09

Social Events Of The Week

“American Character: A Photographic Journey” Launch Event, New York

Lucy Liu has swapped her black YSL Trib Two’s, for a grey suede pair, which we saw Victoria Beckham wear recently.

Lucy’s grey heels worked with the feathered details on her Rachel Roy Fall 2008 dress. The pleated neckline is really interesting.

This is not your average red carpet dress, which is what I love about Lucy, she’s not afraid to take a risk.

Mena Suravi opted for this mocha Christian Siriano Fall 2009 one-shouldered mini dress, which she wore with very fierce strappy heels.

March Of Dimes 34th Annual Beauty Ball, New York

Vanessa Williams wears a well worn Alexander McQueen Fall 2007 strapless chiffon green gown. Both Jessica Alba and Mary J Blige wore this back in 2007.

Vanessa gives her dress some shape, with a studded belt from the Burberry Prorsum Spring 2008 collection.

Does this woman age? She is so flawless.

Fergie debuted her new brunette do, which I really like on her.

Her dress is cute, but those Jimmy Choo heels are fierce.

“Fast & Furious” LA Premiere

Michelle Rodriguez is surprisingly wearing a dress. This is a very rare occasion indeed.

The dress gives the illusion of nudity, but it has an underlay covering the lace details.

This is a very brave choice, as we know flash blubs could have exposed more than we wished to see.

Jordana Brewster’s pink Burberry dress is simply divine. I adore the colour, the draping on the skirt, and the peek-a-boo bodice.

She completes her look with Jimmy Choo Corsica nude gladiator heels.

“Race To Witch Mountain”, LA Premiere

Carla Gugino wore a bright yellow Michael Kors dress with gold accessories including Christian Louboutin heel, and gold Jimmy Choo clutch.

Everything about this look is perfect, excluding her hair ‘do. I have never been a fan of hair plied on top like that, because it reminds me of a pineapple.

AnnaSophia Robb wore a purple Nicole Miller criss-crossed haltered dress.

A very cute dress, for the young actress.

Source & Source

Miu Miu Fall 2009

Miu Miu Fall 2009

Runway To "Duplicity" Paris Premiere - Julia Roberts In Lanvin

Runway To “Duplicity” Paris Premiere – Julia Roberts In Lanvin

13 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie March 13, 2009 at 15:07 #

love lucy, from the ankles up, but GET RID OF THE UGLY YSL SHOES!!!!!

mena, looks nice i love that colour, but i hate the hair it looks a little to retro charlie angels style.

vanessa, WOWZA i love it, she look fantastic, the colour of the dress is perfect against her skin and the belt it gorgeous.

fergie, blah not wowed but not turned off either, i like the hair, but the dress and shoes combo is a bit weird.

michelle, nice dress but everything she wears just looks trashy.

jordana very very pretty, i love the shoes.

carla, beautiful except the hair. but everything else is beautiful, especially those shoes.

anna sophia, nice dress but too much creases it makes it look like it hasnt been ironed.

2. Jajababy March 13, 2009 at 15:19 #

I absolutely love Fergie’s heels. Do you know who makes them?

3. Anonymous March 13, 2009 at 15:34 #

I love Lucy’s dress, but it’s not her best color. Even her makeup, I didn’t like.

Mena Suvari’s shoes are fierce!

Vanessa Williams is gorgeous! Love the color! Goes well with her eyes.

4. Ling March 13, 2009 at 16:32 #

I’m glad Vanessa Williams wore that belt, it makes the dress look completely different. Fergie’s new hair looks great too.

5. Moi March 13, 2009 at 18:28 #

I love Fergie’s heels!!! I like the new color but don’t really like the hairdo and the extensions..

6. Kris March 13, 2009 at 18:35 #

Oh my! Fergie looks so much better and her shoes are, as you so well put it, fierce.
    I adore Vanessa William’s character on Ugly Betty, which has made me like her so much more outside the show. She really doesn’t age, does she? And it doesn’t look like she dipped her face in Botox, either.
    Lucy, once again, just looks like the work of her stylist, who should be credited from now on, instead of the actress. :)

7. Fashion Critic March 13, 2009 at 20:28 #

Fergie’s heels are Jimmy Choo.

8. ecoghlan March 13, 2009 at 21:41 #

Who designed Fergie’s Dress?? I love it!

9. Melfia March 14, 2009 at 04:24 #

I don’t think Vanessa’s dress is really McQueen Fall 2007, it may be McQueen, but not Fall 07. Her is the back view of the dress…

10. Melfia March 14, 2009 at 16:04 #

Did you take a look at the McQueen comparison?

11. Fashion Critic March 14, 2009 at 16:44 #

Yes I did.

The majority of the McQueen collection is modified in order to sell. Some pieces for sale don’t even appear on the runway. Vanessa’s dress is from the Fall 2007 season.

12. Nico March 15, 2009 at 06:50 #

the shoes that mena suravi wore are from the christian siriano for payless collection, the collection ranges from $25-$45 and will be out at payless this fall

13. Fashion Critic March 15, 2009 at 11:06 #