13.03.09

Miu Miu Fall 2009

Miu Miu’s Fall 2009 presentation gave us an array of colours including peach, raspberry, maroon, turquoise, black, nude and gold. The Himalayan carpet prints and tiger printed pieces were very interesting.

My favourite pieces were the 2in1 sheath dresses, which had a top with a plunging neckline appearing to be tucked into a pencil skirt.

Embellishments, although heavy on some pieces, were so beautiful. They cascaded down to the tights, then onto the shoes.

Fur was everywhere from trims on coats, clutch and even fur trimmed heels.

Eva Mendes was in the front row, and she managed to make this Prada Fall 2009 two-tone mustard velvet/tweed dress work.

Jessica Alba opted for a bit more dramatic look with a furry bolero over her brown satin dress.

I’m not crazy about her overall look, but I love her studded Miu Miu clutch.

Source & Source

Hailee Steinfeld In Versus Versace J.W. Anderson - Jimmy Kimmel Live

Hailee Steinfeld In Versus Versace J.W. Anderson – Jimmy Kimmel Live

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

9 Responses to Miu Miu Fall 2009

1. robbie March 13, 2009 at 15:09 #

nice collection, but im not wowed by any of it, its not their best collection, the tights are nice though, so are the shoes.

eva gorgeous outfit, but i wish she would stop the kiss/pout face, it just looks stupid.

jessica WTF, she looks like some monster from a really bad horror movie, the clutch is gorgeous though.

2. Kris March 13, 2009 at 18:33 #

The comment before mine is hilarious–I think it’s always funny to observe how celebrities appear in photos because Eva looks very tense in all of hers, probably because she is trying too hard to achieve that sex-kitten, pout look. Instead it just comes off as insecurity, which is baffling.

I quite like the skirts from this collection! I’m very surprised.

And, Jessica Alba is a hilarious occurrence to observe at fashion shows, where she most definitely does not belong. :D

3. Nik March 13, 2009 at 20:43 #

I fuess Jessica Alba had money to burn, huh FC?

She looked like a rich bitch who knows nothing of fashion, but buys the tackiest clothes…u knowm the type upper class society gals scoff at.

Ewwwwwww….

Love the collection though. I love how Prada always is willing to do something different.

4. sal March 13, 2009 at 21:05 #

Shocking, we all know that Jessica and Eva really don’t like each other!

5. Fashion Critic March 13, 2009 at 21:09 #

Nik I bet it was loaned.

Sal, that is a very good point, they really do hate each other. But neither has the right to insist the other is not invited.

6. Vania March 14, 2009 at 13:42 #

FC, the furry bolero was by miu miu too

7. Fashion Critic March 14, 2009 at 20:50 #

thanks Vania

8. Anonymous March 15, 2009 at 20:19 #

I liked her (Alba’s) look.

I liked the one of her on a bike in Paris more (thanks Vania) but I still liked her here too. Although it would have been better with a black dress, not brown. And upper class girls scoff at everybody, while most people scoff at Alba in general – as evidenced here.

There are a lot of people who I’d rather not see at Fashion Week. It doesn’t matter. If they’ve got a profile enough that people are interested in what they wear, they’ll get invited. They’re like walking billboards.

Personally, I’ve liked Alba’s candidwear (i.e. non red carpet wear) quite a lot – though she’s been a little more kooky clotheswise since having Honor.

9. whitestroke March 16, 2009 at 00:14 #

Why is the skirt so high up on Eva? Considering her height comparing to Kinga’s, the top half should be even lower on her than on the runway. Not the other way around. The whole deep plunging thing was the whole point of that dress. I’ll just forget Prada Fall 2009 was on the red carpet so far.

Jessica looks like she’s wearing Miu Miu Pre-Fall 2009.