Lakshmi Menon On The Cover Of Dazed & Confused April 2009

I don’t usually feature models, but when I saw this pictures of the gorgeous Lakshmi Menon on the cover of the April 2009 edition of Dazed & Confused I was so wowed I had to share it.

The issue is called Divine Power, and that perfectly sums up the feeling I get from looking at Lakshmi on this cover wearing a Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 dress, with an array of necklaces, bangles, cuffs and earrings.

I’ve never purchased Dazed & Confused before, but this has inspired me to buy my first issue.

This editorial was styled by Nicola Formichetti.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Blake Lively For Glamour US July 2011

Blake Lively For Glamour US July 2011

Amy Adams For BlackBook Spring 2009

Amy Adams For BlackBook Spring 2009

8 Responses to Lakshmi Menon On The Cover Of Dazed & Confused April 2009

1. Freida fan March 13, 2009 at 19:14 #

omg !! iwas just going to ask if u saw this shoot. she is fierce! everything about the shoot from the styling to her posing is amazing!

2. Sydne March 13, 2009 at 19:23 #

Superb styling. She looks like a true goddess.

3. ber March 13, 2009 at 21:27 #

The cover shot is awesome. Do we have the success of Slumdog to thank for having someone South Asian on the cover?

4. LILA March 13, 2009 at 21:44 #

OMG..i almost fainted when i saw this cover on her thread on fs.. being her most hardcore fan i cant help but feel like this is one of the strongest and fiercest covers i've seen, thanks to the styling, (loving the bold colours and accessories) to the concept (Indian -fashion forward- goddess as its best, fierce without being stereotypical) but most of all, thanks to the model (my favourite, if it wasnt clear already ^^). Lakshmi to me rapresents pure perfection: androgyny and femininity, elegance and fierceness, modern and classic all wrapped up in one person. Plus, she's just so gorgeous! This is a huge step forward for Dazed & Confused since their last cover with Ash and Eliza Cummings, imo was quite untasteful and trashy.

5. drinkupthefashion March 14, 2009 at 14:12 #

lakshmi is one of my favorite models, and she looks amazing here.

6. Anonymous March 15, 2009 at 19:53 #

Is she the model in the current MaxMara campaign? I’ve been loving those ads because of her. I guess now I have a name to the face.

She’s gorgeous!

7. Moi March 16, 2009 at 03:37 #

I think it’s very interesting how they styled the whole editorial. I love it!

8. whitestroke March 16, 2009 at 16:35 #

Pictures are amazing. But even though I know they deliberately went for this kind of busy styling, I can’t help but think it’d look even better if they chose pieces that weren’t so busy themselves. It’s just way too much going on.