12.03.09

Star Magazine’s 1st Annual Young Hollywood Issue

This has to be one of the worst dressed events I have ever featured on my blog. The only person who’s head-to-toe look I liked was Kristen Cavallari, with her cute strapless ombre Rami Kashou Fall 2008 dress, peachy heels, and Mary Norton clutch.

In a room full of young girls, I am surprised they lack any real style.

Heidi Montag’s Stella McCartney dress is to be expected, which is a short and breast revealing.

Her hair looks like a bird is about to nest in it, but her Louboutin’s and Bottega Veneta Impero satin clutch are cute.

Stephanie Pratt polka dotted dress is cute, but why did she decide to cover most of it with that huge clutch?

Tamara Mowry’s purple colour co-ordination works really well. I love the draping effect on her dress.

Please can someone give Holly Montag a one-way ticket back to idiot island.

What is this look all about?

Between the make-up, gold nails, red heels and animal print dress, I am not sure which is more nauseating.

I don’t know if it’s Andrea Bowen’s pose, the dress, or the camera angle, but something’s wrong.

Miranda Cosgrove has a lot of personality, and I feel this animal print dress is showing that off, so I can’t be mad at her. Her boots look amazing too.

I am so surprised that singer Jewel make the effort put on a LBD for this D list event, it hardly look like it was worth hobbling out of bed for.
Source

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

Launch Party for LATISSE

Launch Party for LATISSE

14 Responses to Star Magazine’s 1st Annual Young Hollywood Issue

1. Iris March 12, 2009 at 19:33 #

omg i’m shocked with Jewel’s face! I think she looks naturally trashy, it’s just in her face (and crooked teeth).
    Tamara Mowry and Kristen Cavallari are quite nice though…

2. Anonymous March 12, 2009 at 19:44 #

The first dress is a Rami K from the Project Runway.

3. robbie March 12, 2009 at 19:51 #

wow this event is full of some terrible outfits.

kristen looks really pretty. but nothing overly special.

heidi, trailer trash chic, just absolute trash.

stephanie, yet more trailer trash chic, hmmm a clutch, that cant be a clutch it is too huge, but i have to say very cute dress.

tamara looks really beautifyl, i love the colour against her skin.

holly, what a HOT MESS! tacky tacky tacky, animal print, gold nails, the shoes. i personally think pairing red and black together can look nice but if over done (like on holly) it looks cheap and TACKY.

andrea, nice colour but the dress makes her look really wide. but her hair is beautiful.

miranda, young and cute, and her outfit defo shows it. im not sure about the tights though but, it is far better than anything skanky cyrus could pull off.

jewel, huge mess, plain and boring.

4. Nikki March 12, 2009 at 19:53 #

*yawn* how boring. Im shocked that Kristen looks as good as she does here. But as you were saying FC all these young for the most pretty girls and its soo tired.

5. Fashion Critic March 12, 2009 at 19:57 #

thanks anon. I need to keep reminding myself to check his collection, as it appears more and more on the red carpet.

6. Terry March 12, 2009 at 20:27 #

The dress Heidi is wearing is by Stella McCartney. Katie Holmes wore the same dress while promoting ‘Valkyrie’ with Tom Cruise in Brazil.

7. Fashion Critic March 12, 2009 at 20:56 #

Thanks Terry. I haven’t seen it, but I trust you.

8. Sydne March 12, 2009 at 21:13 #

“one-way ticket back to idiot island” I think that is my favorite quote of the day :)

9. Gemma March 12, 2009 at 23:59 #

Tamera – OMG! Massive teenage flashback. Not so keen on the shape of the dress but the colour is beautiful on her, the hair is fab, the makeup flawless and she basically looks amazing.

Holly Montag – I can’t stop staring at that blusher. Woah!

10. Kary Rivera March 13, 2009 at 00:26 #

totally agree on Holly Montag-great quote-lol. How her and her sister plus sleezy spencer are even considered “celebrities” is really sad. Poor Jewel all banged up. I am really wonderiing what her reason is for not fixing her teeth, it’s not like she doesn’t have the money.

11. Paulo March 13, 2009 at 08:47 #

You know, Kary, sometimes people are happy just the way they are (despite having the money and the access to do so). Jewel was quoted years ago saying that she is not planning to get her teeth fixed. Much like Madonna and that gap between her teeth.

Sorry FC but I think Kristen is a total mess. From the tan to the fit of that dress (which is made worse by the shoes – despite being cute, does not work with this dress at all).

About Heidi…she wears all these designer clothes and accessories all the time but somehow (at least to me) she always manages to make them look extremely cheap.

12. Candida March 13, 2009 at 18:13 #

Why was I sooo sure about that drees? Just RAMI would do something like this

13. whitestroke March 16, 2009 at 00:01 #

What a bunch of nobodies.

14. nona January 31, 2012 at 04:24 #

Anyone know who the designer of Tamera’s dress is?