11.03.09

Social Events Of The Week

French President’s Official Visit, Mexico

French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife, Carla Bruni, attended an official welcoming ceremony at the National Palace, in Mexico this week.

The First Lady of France’s style is undeniably chic, as she injects her unique brand of sensuous femininity without appearing too sexy, wearing a blush-pink Dior skirt suit.

I’m adoring everything about this look apart from those darn kitten heels. I understand that she doesn’t want to overshadow her husband. But no matter what she wears, she will, so she should bin the boring heels, and bring out the killer heels.

“17 Again” Sydney Premiere

Taylor Swift walked the red carpet in a beautiful white Rachel Gilbert Amber halter neck dress, with gold Fendi heels.

I adore the white and diamante embellished details around the bust.

I’m very surprised she’s not a silver or gold metallic dress, which she tends to favour.

BAFTA Video Games Awards 2009

Kirsty Gallacher wore a blue body-con halter Preen dress, which was worn by Rihanna last month.

This is a strong look, which needs sexy figure, and great shoes. Kirsty fails with the shoes.

This dress deserves more than plain black pumps. Rihanna showed us that with her Nicholas Kirkwood strappy heels.

Monsters Vs. Aliens Premiere, Germany

When Reese Witherspoon got divorced, she started to explore her sexier side. Now I feel she has reverted back to her old self, which isn’t a bad thing.

She looked very sophisticated wearing a teal Valentino satin dress, with an embellished collar, and grey waist band to this event. Her look was complete with matching satin bow peep-toes and flawless make-up.

“The Great Buck Howard” New York Screening

Emily Blunt’s grey suit, is very ‘office interview’. It doesn’t have the same charm as Amy Adams’ white suit yesterday.

Her silvery grey satin blouse seems to be fraying as well, just to further put me off this look.

Selita Ebanks wears an oversized ivory blazer, which almost totally covers her cute sequined mini dress, which really spoils the look for me.

What I am lusting after, are her bubblegum pink Christian Louboutin Decoltissimo pointed pumps.

“Duplicity” London Film Premiere

Yet another black ensemble for Julia Roberts. I would like act surprised, but like Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie, she’s been here before.

Source & Source

First Ladies Of Fashion: Michelle Obama and Carla Bruni Sarkozy Meet Again

First Ladies Of Fashion: Michelle Obama and Carla Bruni Sarkozy Meet Again

In Reese Witherspoon's Closet - Prada & Christian Louboutin

In Reese Witherspoon’s Closet – Prada & Christian Louboutin

11 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie March 11, 2009 at 13:25 #

carla looks fantastic, i love the shade of pink. i agree with you about the heels, i never understand it personally most women would kill to be taller, but most tall women always wear low heels.

taylor looks AMAZING! i love the embellishment on the dress, its not to OTT just perfect, love her shoes.

kirsty looks nice, nice colour, but the heels are just boring looking.

reese looks nice, vert fresh and it fits for the occasion, i just hate her shoes they are UGLY.

emily, emily, not good, it looks okay but really nothing special, her blouse looks strange, wonder if she noticed it was fraying.

selita HOT! oversized blazer always seem hard for a woman to pull off, but she looks great, shame she didnt show more of her dress, her shoes are gorgeous *adds to list*

julia, beautiful woman BAD dress sense.
    _________

FC i love the sonia rykiel chou-chou bag, you have on your favourites list, it is very cute.

2. Fashion Critic March 11, 2009 at 13:46 #

Thanks Nina. I was looking for this EVERYWHERE, except Net-A-Porter, of course LOL

Thanks x

3. Sydne March 11, 2009 at 18:30 #

Carla Bruni is just so stunning. I agree about the heels as well, too. It reminds me of Nicole Kidman in her Tom Cruise era.

4. Fashion Critic March 11, 2009 at 18:36 #

So true Sydne, so true.

5. Ald0rad0 March 11, 2009 at 21:49 #

Carla left all the politicians and the press amazed. They were even babbling when they spoke to her!!

She looks really pretty and if you can get more pics you’ll discover she wore a Dior spring 2009 gown.

Cheers!

6. Kris March 12, 2009 at 00:16 #

I think Selita Banks’ outfit would’ve been very fashion savvy and neat if her blazer had been fitted properly and the sleeves were pushed up; I’m quite partial to this type of look when it’s done right.
    I agree about the shoes” they’re fantastic and I haven’t yet seen anyone wear this pair of Louboutins.

7. Victor Blanco March 12, 2009 at 12:01 #

from the start… calra bruni… i hate her style… of course she is the most IT presindent woman… but she look too old, and always with those flat shoes…. i think it’s better to see her taller than feeter ( feter i mean, large feet than her husband) hehehe she was one of the IT girls… and now i thinks she’s not.

Taylor Swift and Kirsty Gallacher AWESOME, i love the Preen colecction, I receive their press book on december and when i look the full colection and details it’s an incredible colection.

Reese Witherspoon is always the same, nice dress, nice shoes, all matched (i hate that) but she has to do soemthing with the hair and make up… too simple….

Emily Blunt was OK, too much “interview look” but if she wore something in any bright colour the look it’s simple but nice…maybe a yelow pump something fashionable.

Selita is incredible sexy… the pumps, the dress… she look gorgeous…. tres jolie… too chic of course the balzer has to go with the sleeves more informal…kind of winkle or something, u know what i mean?

8. Anonymous March 13, 2009 at 00:35 #

I agree with you about Carla Bruni I feel the same way everytime I see Michelle Obama’s shoes,atleast Carla wears them I honestly don’t think Michelle owns a single pair of high heels

9. whitestroke March 15, 2009 at 23:29 #

Emily Blunt – That must be the worst, the most ill-fiting, most boring suit EVER. Julia Roberts… Oh… back up!

10. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:01 #

I give credit to my dear Emily Blunt (Krasinski!) for trying out a suit. She looks polished and the suit fits well. Gotta give the thumbs up.
    ~Julia, on the other hand, ages herself considerably in her boring black suit. Emily looks rather better suitwise here.