11.03.09

Alexander McQueen Fall 2009

Alexander McQueen’s Fall 2009 presentation was a full collection I could finally say WOW.

I was blown away from the first click to the last.

There was a lot of bird references, like in his Spring 2008 collection, with the red and black bird prints, and the feathered festooned gowns.

Other animal references were the fur coats, jackets and reptile print gowns.

Black and white houndstooth prints opened the show, with the rest of the colour palette consisting of black, orange, red and white.

I would love to see Dita in the houndstooth prints, and that red feathered gown is crying out of Blanchett or Swinton.

We often say that Charlize Theron could wear a bin-liner. I wonder if she could pull off McQueen’s 2 pieces that were made from bin-liners.

Hats, as usual, were a main feature. They were made from open umbrellas, lampshades, hubcaps, and large curlers which were wrapped in clear plastic film or bin liners.

Models faces were pale white, with a clown-like smear of red lipstick.

After a very safe Fall 2009 season, I am glad the McQueen is giving us something to marvel.

Source

Who Wore Chanel Couture Better? Renee Zellweger or Kylie Minogue

Who Wore Chanel Couture Better? Renee Zellweger or Kylie Minogue

Victoria Beckham Dresses Back On Sale At Net-A-Porter.com

Victoria Beckham Dresses Back On Sale At Net-A-Porter.com

7 Responses to Alexander McQueen Fall 2009

1. Terry March 11, 2009 at 11:59 #

The clown-like lipsticks reminds me of Amanda Lepore ;)

2. robbie March 11, 2009 at 12:30 #

this collection is a little creepy, but it is gorgeous.

i adore all the black and red dresses, they are stunning, especially the one with the bird print and the four leaf clover (i think) print, it is stunning with the puff sleeve.

i hope we see alot of these on the red carpet, but they would be tricky to pull off i think.

i agree with terry, it does look like amanda lepore (very bad thing)

3. Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 12:51 #

I only like the last few long dresses, i can see them in modified versions on the red carpet.

Electra.

4. Alicia March 11, 2009 at 19:25 #

Terry, I totally agree. I half-expected her to be on this runway, crazy lips and all.

5. Nik March 12, 2009 at 00:00 #

Mybe the make up is inspired by either Amanda Lepore or Scarlett Johansson.

Does anyone else think that human hair looking pieces are a disgusting trend? Who actually wears that?

6. Fashion Critic March 12, 2009 at 00:07 #

Nik, fashion editors and people with money to burn.

7. Nik March 12, 2009 at 02:40 #

hahahhaha but still, eww….

I mean, I so wouldn’t mind weaing the umbrella hat down the street in front of everyone

but I would not even wear that waste of hair alone in the toilet

I mean, we all know Tyra banks could have used that extra hair for her weaves.