10.03.09

Social Events Of The Week

The School Of American Ballet’s Winter Ball, New York

I was not crazy about the L’Wren Scott Fall 2009 collection. Too many similar dresses in different colours from past seasons put me off.

Thankfully Sarah Jessica Parker picked one of the best pieces. She wore this slinky body-hugging L’Wren Scott Fall 2009 green snake print dress, with a feathered stole, and strappy Christian Louboutin for L’Wren Scott heels from the collection.

Her look was complete with leather driving gloves, and a diamond bracelet.

Love her.

Some might say given their ages, it should be Blake Lively wearing the tight sexy L’Wren Scott dress, and SJP should have worn this black plunging Ralph Lauren gown, but life’s just not that black and white.

“Dragonball Evolution” World Premiere

If feels like forever since we last saw Emmy Rossum on the red carpet, but I am glad she kept up her sex kitten look.

The actress wore a blue strapless mini vintage Emanuel Ungaro Couture dress, that no doubt wowed the crowds.

Her hair was slicked back, so we could see her exquisite earrings.

The outstanding beautiful Jamie Chung wore dress to match, in this floral Jenni Kayne Resort 2009 which Sophia Bush wore to the Teen Choice Awards last year.

“Sunshine Cleaning” LA Premiere

Emily Blunt and Amy Adams play sisters in this movie, but they couldn’t have looked more different at this premiere.

Emily channeled her romantic side, with a pretty strapless Basil Soda dress, with a gorgeous ruffled bodice.

Whilst Amy opted for a slick in a white Burberry trouser suit.

I don’t recall seeing Amy in a suit before, but it’s a look that really works for her.

“Knowing” New York Premiere

I couldn’t find one picture of Rose Byrne’s smiling. Which is surprising, because I would be, if I wore her strapless Christian Cota Fall 2008 feathered dress.

The maroon dress is outstanding, and the details are exquisite.

“33 Variations” Broadway Opening Night, New York

Rose McGowan wears a black satin and tulle strapless dress from her favourite designers Dolce & Gabbana.

Her look is completed with a jeweled belt from their Spring 2009 collection, and a very questionable pair of brown pumps.

Way to spoil a look McGowan.

Source & Source

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

19 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie March 10, 2009 at 17:37 #

WOW SJP, look nice but i hate the hair colour, it makes her look alot older. i hope she dyes it blonde again for SATC2. i hate those shoes.

wow could blake get any more boring?

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW emmy, damn, holy mother of fashion, she looks amazing, very sexy and not a sight of prom queen anywhere. im so envious of her complextion.

jamie looks fantastic, i loved that dress on sophia but jamie looks 10 times better in it.

emily, looks so beautiful, i love the ruffles, just the right ammount. my friend emma will love this post she adores emily.

*lifts jaw from floor* amy looks stunning, so strange seeing her look sexy rather than pretty, so used to seeing her in a suit she is normally in flowy dresses.

wow could rose b, look less bored, she should be smiling from ear to ear, in that stunning dress.

rose, looks okay, but im so bored of seeing this style of dolce and gabbana dress all the time, it doesnt really do much for her bust, just makes it look flat. plus brown shoes WTF, and tights.
    ___________

oh and i forgot to mention i love the “you might like these stories” bit at the bottom of your posts, really good idea.

2. Eylül March 10, 2009 at 17:41 #

Rose Byrne looks FANTASTIC! Best dressed of the week so far imo.

And she did smile, and looked great smiling :)

3. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 17:46 #

Not on Wireimage. thanks for the smiling pics Eylül:)

4. Eylül March 10, 2009 at 17:47 #

No problem! That dress is so beautiful!

5. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 18:27 #

I love the “you might like these stories”. It brings up old posts I had forgotten about.

6. Ling March 10, 2009 at 18:31 #

Emmy Rossum’s dress would look much better if it didn’t have the little cut out hole, it makes it look a little tacky, but otherwise she looks gorgeous. Although Sophia Bush looked gorgeous in the Jenni Kayne dress, it just seems to look so much brighter and prettier on Jamie Chung.

7. Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 18:53 #

Love SJP’s dress. It reminds me of the Rodarte skirt Leighton Meester wore on the Fall 2009 Fashion Show.

I generally love Ralph’s Lauren’s designs/dresses as they are simple and elegant, but on Blake Lively they look so lifeless! Or is it an age thing? Oh…and she reaally is proud of her girls!

Jamie Chung looks pretty! Love that she had her hair up and kept her neck bare. I think she wore this better than Sophia Bush.

Emily Blunt looks gorgeous. I love the ruffles on her dress.

Amy Adams still bores me. I know that this is a nice look, but for some reason she just doesn’t shine or doesn’t have the oomph(for the lack of better words). There’s just always something lacking…

I really like Rose Byrne’s dress! I want it! Now this is wow for me.

8. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 18:58 #

Love the emphasis on reaally loving her girls for Blake ;)

9. Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 19:03 #

I guess Emmy Rossum is wearing Blumarine, isn’t she?

10. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 19:12 #

Snap. I was sure it was Blumarine too, but could not find it on Style.com to be sure.

11. SDSJ March 10, 2009 at 19:53 #

When are you going to post on Reese Witherspoon in this outfit?

I’m dying for your take!

12. Freida fan March 10, 2009 at 20:00 #

wow sjp looks great but Emmy is smoking. the whole look on her is stunning – love the colour and the earings!!!

ps: the “you might like these stories” is great! haha makes me spend more time on here.

Nicole

13. Miss Sophisticated March 10, 2009 at 21:37 #

Jamie looks great!

Blake Lively needs to fire her stylist, she been looking really bad lately.

14. Ald0rad0 March 10, 2009 at 21:54 #

Christian Cota is a Mexican Designer!! He recently presented his Fall 09 collection, it’s on style.com, you should check it out!!

love your blog!!

15. Parvati March 10, 2009 at 23:02 #

Wow, Emmy Rossum looks absolutely gorgeous! I love her dress, her hairstyle, her earrings… everything! I hope she makes it on the Best Dressed of the Week list! ;)

16. Sarah March 11, 2009 at 00:41 #

I don’t really like Emmy’s dress.. it looks tacky to me.

17. Nikki March 11, 2009 at 09:24 #

I’m on the fence with Emmy Rossum’s outfit. Maybe if it wasn’t too short and it didn’t have that hole then it would have looked less tacky.

It’s Blah Lively! I’m surprised she isn’t in your worst dressed list yet. She’s young, beautiful, and sexy, but she always looks bad with her fashion choices.

18. suzzee March 11, 2009 at 15:34 #

i love SJP. its so hard not to love her

i wanna be her when i grow up ;P

19. whitestroke March 15, 2009 at 23:19 #

SJP is awesome as usual. But that dress looks like L’Wren Scott’s Amish take on Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2009.

Blake’s twins are like… OMG FLUORESCENT!

Amy Adams – so sexy, yet sophisticated. I especially love her hairstyle here. It’s like retro waves, but with a lot of volume.

Rose Byrne – Looks fantastic. Great choice of shoes. I love her hair, too.