10.03.09

Chanel Fall 2009 Front Row

I wasn’t crazy about Freida Pinto’s Elle Style Awards Chanel dress, but this white Chanel dress I LOVE.

The beauty is in it’s chicness, the bold brooches, and the origami sleeves. Outstanding.

Best Dress Of The Week candidate for sure.

Bond Girl, Olga Kurylenko wore Chanel Spring 2009 ensemble, which included a black bowed detailed sleeveless blush pink blouse.

The look has no wow factor, but that doesn’t stop her from looking absolutely beautiful.

Kate Moss made a rare fashion week front row appearance for Chanel, sitting alongside her boyfriend Jamie Hince, and photographer Mario Testino.

The supermodel kept her look simple wearing a black tuxedo suit, which had a white trim on the pants, with black platform heels.

I have never quite understood how the Chanel-Lily Allen connection came about. On paper, it doesn’t seem like a great fit. But she does pick great pieces, that suit her personality, like this Chanel Resort 2009 pink and navy dress.

Her look is complete with Louboutin’s and white Chanel purse.

Claudia Schiffer look is very Librarian for someone who is wearing head to toe Chanel.

After offending a very small number of in Herve Leger, Beth Ditto opted for a more sombre look when she arrived at the Chanel shoe this afternoon.

Source

Giambattista Valli Fall 2009

Giambattista Valli Fall 2009

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

27 Responses to Chanel Fall 2009 Front Row

1. robbie March 10, 2009 at 15:49 #

frieda is fab, i love how simple the dress is, but the brooches and necklaces make it chic.

olga looks okay nothing special.

kate, looks simple but chic aswell, i love that she has put on a bit weight she looks great.

lily ruins a great look with UGLY tights.

claudia looks far too safe, not enough wow factor.

beth looks adorable, i cant believe people were actually offended by her wearing herve leger.

*cries* i miss seeing kylie at the chanel shows, she used to be there every year, until the past few seasons.

2. Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 15:53 #

FC, are you a lesbian?

3. Karen March 10, 2009 at 15:54 #

Claudia, Beth, Kate and Olga! Real star at front row!

4. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 15:54 #

Yes I love fashionable women, but I am not a lesbian.

And if I was, would it matter?

¬¬

5. robbie March 10, 2009 at 16:03 #

lol at anonymous, what would make you think FC was a lesbian?

if you have read some of her prvious posts she has mentioned she has a boyfriend.

6. Priti March 10, 2009 at 16:04 #

@Amonymous: How could that question even come to your mind?

How does it even matter who is who..are you going to sit there and Judge everybody.

Back to Fashion: I heart Frieda…she is My Hero and I love love love Beth for her confidence. Wish I had some.

7. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 16:09 #

Thanks for having my back guys.

I normally ignore crazy anonymous comments, but that one needed to be addressed.

8. Amanda March 10, 2009 at 16:21 #

WTF Freida Pint and Lilly Allen doing at Chanel show? These for bis ans classy star! Not for a drunk or slumdog girls!

Kate Moss looks fab!
    Claudia looks soo Chanel!
    black&white!
    Beth rocks!

9. Flora March 10, 2009 at 16:23 #

It’s probably because you don’t turn your nose up in horror at anyone over a size 8. Everyone knows that all fat girls are automatically lesbians because they can’t get a man, right?

(Inwardly swearing at idiotic Anonymous poster)

Back to the fashion: we need more people like Beth Ditto on a fashion/ celebrity scene where size 10 is considered “big”.

You know those pics at the Oscars where some assistant with a clipboard accidentally gets photographed standing next to Charlize Theron, and you suddenly realise, “Hey, Charlize is the freakish-looking one, not the ordinary woman standing next to her!”?

In the real world, more than 50% of the population of the UK are size 16 or above. I’m sure it’s the same in other countries. It’s celebrities who are NOT NORMAL, not the likes of Ms Ditto!

10. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 16:35 #

OMG, thanks for this Amy looks OUTSTANDING

11. Sam the fashiön pharoh March 10, 2009 at 17:02 #

Wat the hell. (Amanda).hi fc.how r u.
    R u trying to comment that (freida ) an indian cant be in a chanel show.(like u can).if u trying to be racist dnt even try to go there ok.who r u to decide and try pronouncing freida nt slumdog girl(any1 smelling jealousy.).
    And fc i thnk u r great and hot. And in no way lesbian .u go girl.and beth dito rocks.and did u like her magazine cover where she posed nude.(i thnk it was love or somethng)clarify plz.and if u can post it.plz reply.
    Sam here

12. Sam the fashiön pharoh March 10, 2009 at 17:06 #

And in al this i forgot.i hv a new blog.(fashionequations.blogspot.com).plz help me promote it. And what shud i post.(plz plz help).my fist post. Sam

13. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 17:08 #

Yes Sam, I was also very shocked at Amanda’s comment.

The magazine is called Love and I admired her for the cover.

I couldn’t do it.

14. Ling March 10, 2009 at 17:11 #

Freida looks stunning, I love her makeup – it’s so natural yet it makes her look glowing! I don’t understand why Lily Allen keeps getting Chanel stuff, especially since she started out in her career wearing huge trainers with everything.

15. Sam the fashiön pharoh March 10, 2009 at 17:12 #

Ok.i wana post it as my first post and her in herve leger and chanel dress.can i borrow pictures or any site i can find without book marks

16. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 17:16 #

Sam,

Send me an email and I will answer all your questions.

17. Flora March 10, 2009 at 17:40 #

Sam, do you mean pharoah? Or pariah? No offence, but it doesn’t bode well for you launching your own blog exactly… I’d stick to just reading this one if I were you.

Oh, and no, you can’t just “borrow” pics from anywhere you see them on the internet. They belong to agencies and photographers and are subject to copyright.

18. Josi March 10, 2009 at 18:43 #

Freida is so beautiful. But she’s really starting to get on my nerves -through no fault of her own. I just hate how much of a big deal everyone is making of her given that her part in Slumdog was really quite tiny, and required no acting skills at all. I’d rather really talented newcomers with full acting CVs get all the press, rather than just the pretty ones…

19. Freida fan March 10, 2009 at 20:05 #

Freida looks amazing. i love the dress and the hair/makeup is flawless… White really looks great on her skintone. She was recently at an event for Vogue India and she was head to toe in Loius V. She looked great not sure if u saw her FC.

She looks great in all these designer clothes and so i think she has every right to be there. Seeing fresh faces at these shows is always great because sometimes we can get tired of seeing the same couple celebs around everywhere..

Nicole.

20. Anne March 11, 2009 at 00:20 #

why are people going crazy over this girl(frida)? first of all her looks are not all that, she is not even talented, why all this fuss about her? please let her get her 15 minutes fame and move on I’m sick of her seen everywhere, its like begging for money, they should have done more for those kids in the movie then they are doing on this untaltend woman, anything she wears looks bad on her she doesn’t have that body.

Freida is such a wannabe. She is living the high life based on a 10 minute role in a movie. The kids made that movie and they are back living in the slums. Go figure.

21. Sarah March 11, 2009 at 00:44 #

Freida looks AMAZING!

22. jet March 11, 2009 at 04:41 #

i think i would love to see kate moss in one of the dresses from victoria beckhams second collection, i reckon she could rock one of them!

23. Flora March 11, 2009 at 11:12 #

Anne – do some research before you leave ignorant comments, those kids and their families have been rehoused. And in any case, the issue is completely irrelevant to Freida and whether she looks nice in Chanel. Which she does. What do you expect her to do, turn down the chance of going to a premiere in protest at people living in slums? Yeah, like that’s going to make one iota of difference.

24. Anne March 11, 2009 at 14:11 #

It’s not normal and fair at all. Dev Patel is probably one of the most talented teen and true rising star right now, one of the most talented. He sdeserved to be recongnized as such and should have a more visible place in the media than the hot pretty young thing who plays third fiddle along him and the kids in an acclaimed movie.

25. Lily March 11, 2009 at 14:18 #

Ah, Beth Ditto looks so cute- I wanna jump into the pic and hug her. :)
    Freida is stunning as always.
    Have you seen her ELLE editorial yet?
    I love it.

26. whitestroke March 15, 2009 at 23:07 #

Freida’s dress is a very interesting combination of Chanel Spring 2009 RTW and Chanel Spring 2009 Couture.

Would it kill Olga to try on those interesting two-toned tights and not look so boring? Oh yes, she’s not Sarah Jessica Parker after all.

Beth looks much better here. This outfit flatters her body, and the coat is quite lovely.