Runway To Launching "Reebok Top Down" – Leighton Meester In 3.1 Phillip Lim

Since the first set of pictures surfaced of Leighton Meester promoting Reebok, I was hoping it was some kind of joke.

Unfortunately now that she is officially promoting the brand, it’s become a terrible reality.

Leighton launched the Reebok Top Down sneakers, at the Hearld Square Lady Foot Locker this weekend. *shudders*

She was wearing a 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2009 ruffled layered dress, with black Reebok high-tops, like it’s the most natural thing in the world, and this makes me quite ill.

Call me a snob, I don’t care, but it’s still the worst match up in brand history.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source
Lanvin Fall 2009

Lanvin Fall 2009

Roberto Cavalli Paris Boutique Opening

Roberto Cavalli Paris Boutique Opening

16 Responses to Runway To Launching "Reebok Top Down" – Leighton Meester In 3.1 Phillip Lim

1. Terry March 9, 2009 at 11:50 #

She should have worn something different, not that dress! In any case, I think this partnership Meester/Reebok sounds so strange to us because maybe we see her as Blair Waldorf, who would never ever wear sneakers!

2. Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 12:13 #

i dont think she looks that bad wearing the sneakers. its actually quite cute altho i’d prefer her co-star Jessica Szhor is a better match to reeboks, as she has a more casual style.

3. Fashion Critic March 9, 2009 at 12:24 #

I agree Jessica is a much better fit.

4. Ava March 9, 2009 at 12:25 #

I agree that this is a really bad match. I can’t believe her agent/manager let her do this. I would have expected Leighton to do a fashion label like Marc Jacobs or Michael Kors…not Reebok!

On a happier note, I think she made this look work, with the dress and leather jacket.

5. Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 12:27 #

Yes, I agree with Jessica Szhor being a better fit, but she’s not as popular as Leighton. Why LM???? Why???

6. Montreal Fashion Minds March 9, 2009 at 14:29 #

Although it may be an odd pair, money talks, and Im sure she’s getting enough of it for this campaign.

Either way, I think she looks cute.

~ Montreal Fashion Minds ~

7. Rock*Star March 9, 2009 at 14:58 #

I dnt think the fashion Industry will look at her the same again.

And yeah, wedges would've looked much better and sell better too :) & it would made her look more like the fashionable girl she is/was.

Unfortunatly that ddnt happen :(!

8. Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 16:16 #

“Why couldn’t they’ve made her some cute wedged sneakers like the one’s Victoria Beckham wore to throw the first pitch for the LA Dodgers back in 2007?”

- because those shoes were ugly.

9. Fashion Critic March 9, 2009 at 16:21 #

that maybe the case, but it’s better than what is currently on her feet.

10. Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 16:33 #

"I dnt think the fashion Industry will look at her the same again."

Didn't Scarlett Johansson do an ad campaign for Reebok, but she also did Louis Vuitton. And not she's doing the makeup ad for D&G. So I don't think she's doomed yet.

11. Rebecca March 9, 2009 at 19:37 #

Blair Waldorf would never wear those shoes.

12. Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 19:50 #

i think she looks amaizing and the reebok guys are marketing geniuses. it does not really suit her fashionista icon but leighton said more than once she loves a pair of jeans, some sneakers and a simple t-shirt. so there you have her as the reebok image. maybe fashion snobs do not like this but i think is only the beginning. about the style she sported—-soo leighton meester. great combination. thiis girl has her own voice and she makes it seem effortless. so,,,, I like what she done with the sneakers and i would surely buy a pair!

13. Freida fan March 10, 2009 at 05:35 #

the look is really cute. but it does seem odd i guess they are trying to attract a younger set of female customers. and wow know that i think of it jessica would have been perfect for this!!

14. Nneks March 10, 2009 at 17:58 #

I wouldn’t have thought of leighton Meester as a reebok rep but I have to say I like how her look is styled in this instance. it could have been a lot more hideous. but yes I agree Jessica would have def been a better fit

15. Bella March 11, 2009 at 16:40 #

Didn’t Jessica Biel wear this dress but in the gray knit version?

16. whitestroke March 15, 2009 at 20:02 #

I’m a sneakers kind of girl. Most of the time at least. BUT…

I’m so glad this finally gives me the opportunity to mention how horrible I think her legs are. And they definitely look even worse in flats. She’s the kind of girl who should stick to heels. Flats only emphasize her legs’ imperfections. Also, I don’t have anything against pairing sneakers with these type of dresses. I live for the fashionable ironies. But she does NOT pull it off. She just doesn’t have that personality OOMPH about herself.