Runway To Front Row At Givenchy – Amber Rose In Alexander Wang & Louis Vuitton

Kanye West and his girlfriend Amber Rose were in Paris attended the Fall 2009 shows.

I don’t know much about Amber – even goggle doesn’t know who she is, so if any of you can enlighten me, I would really appreciate it.

The couple attended the Hussein Chalayan, Sonia Rykiel and Givenchy shows, she wore an Alexander Wang Spring 2009 dress.

The risky dress is completely sheer, with a few strategically placed black embossed swirl coils. Another feature is that the mini dress has cut-out thumbs at the sleeves.

I have only seen 2 other girls wear this dress, and they included Erin Wasson, and Sarah Harding.

If you have the guts to wear this dress, you can buy it from Barney’s for $995.

Amber completed her look with Louis Vuitton accessories, which included an updated Limelight clutch for Spring 2009, and a pair of black tribal heels.

Not my cup of tea, but she is working the hell out of this look. Kudos to her.

Source & Source

Lucy Liu & Michelle Obama Kick Off The Clear Belt Trend

Lucy Liu & Michelle Obama Kick Off The Clear Belt Trend

Runway To Sidewalk - Rachel Bilson In 3.1 Phillip Lim Fringe Dress

Runway To Sidewalk – Rachel Bilson In 3.1 Phillip Lim Fringe Dress

17 Responses to Runway To Front Row At Givenchy – Amber Rose In Alexander Wang & Louis Vuitton

1. robbie March 9, 2009 at 17:06 #

the title says givenchy and louis vuitton, but it is alexander wang.

anyway, who exactly is she? all i know is she has done some rather “naughty” photo shoots and is dating kanye.

i hate the dress, but i so love the shoes and the clutch.

2. Fashion Critic March 9, 2009 at 18:03 #

thanks. Givenchy on the brain

3. Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 18:27 #

She is a former stripper. But, Kanye probably thinks it is cool to date her because she has really short hair. It all makes him seem less Ghetto and more high fashion.
    By the way hated the dress on Alice Dellal, hate it on her.

T

4. Daniëlle March 9, 2009 at 18:31 #

Amber Rose used to be a stripper before she met Kanye.

She pulls those glasses off great though!

5. Kylie March 9, 2009 at 18:44 #

Amber Rose used to be a stripper and she was in a lesbian relationship for years before hooking up with Kanye.

That being said, she is one I am starting to pay attention to. She is quite a fashion risk taker and a lot of people won’t like her style but one to watch nonetheless.

6. Patricia March 9, 2009 at 18:47 #

I’ve read a couple places that she’s a former stripper..
    But, they they were all gossip sites, so not at all credible.
    I did see pictures of him bringing her along to a lot of the fashion week shows he attended though.

7. NIcky March 9, 2009 at 19:01 #

FC, you should check out perezhilton.com to find out who Amber Rose is – its probably under the section on Kanye West :-)
    nicky x

8. Fashion Critic March 9, 2009 at 19:02 #

Thanks for former stripper info.

Kylie I agree, she is definitely one to watch, but I wonder if this style is her own, or one cultivated by Kanye West, as he continues to force himself into the fashion world.

9. Kylie March 9, 2009 at 19:07 #

FC, I agree with your comment about Amber Rose’s “style”. I would not be surprised if Kanye was dressing her himself as they both appear to be over the top and kitschy chic. Regardless I am enjoying watching Kanye play Barbie dress up with his girlfriend.

It’s even more interesting to see what kind of outfits Kanye will dress his “doll” up in.

10. Alicia March 9, 2009 at 19:40 #

She’s half-Italian, half Cape Verdean. I really admire her ability to outshine Kanye in any picture…

11. Nikki March 10, 2009 at 00:38 #

Did you see what see wore to the Stella show?
    I saw it on Dlisted.com
    I thinks its all Kanye. Be seen. Be edgy. Thats the game he tried to play in Fashion. She could never get ahold of these items without him either.

12. Lisa March 10, 2009 at 02:16 #

is she wearing underwear????
    it looks like if the camera was at a different angle, you’d be able to see her woman parts

13. Ninabeena March 10, 2009 at 02:40 #

imo despite her status (which I’ve seen her in music videos and heard she was a ex-lesbian stripper as well)she is working it out and even in a lot of the outfits I would never look twice at she has me pausing and checking it out b/c there is something about her that pulls it off and that’s whether Kanye is styling her or she is doing it on her own. maybe its her “don’t give a damn.” that is working for her but I’ve seen several people “styled” and thought give me a freaking break in that outfit, not so much in this case

14. ~*juDee*~ March 10, 2009 at 10:00 #

i saw her in a few hip-hop videos so she must have been on the video-h* radar for some time…
    i do, however, think shes absolutely gorgeous. she makes kanye look way better too, methinks. on the subject of kanye, i’m wondering whether it’s just my nerves he’s getting on :-S…..
    he seems of late to be harboring a few zoolander-esque qualities….
    having said that, i can’t knock his wicked dress sense!

15. Moi March 10, 2009 at 18:23 #

That’s a good point raised while reading the comment. I never wondered if Kanye was dressing her himself, but I was wondering if they didn’t get together mostly because – I think- she has a great style. I like what she wore in both picture.

16. Fashion Critic March 10, 2009 at 18:29 #

The more I see her the more I am convinced it is him dressing her.

I have a new post coming up with her.

17. whitestroke March 15, 2009 at 22:38 #

Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 heels with Alexander Wang cutout dres. HOW SCENE!