09.03.09

Lanvin Fall 2009

Lanvin’s Fall 2009 was created for the chic modern woman, who likes a lot of black.

I would kill to wear every piece, but after the colourful Spring 2009 collection, I was yearning for more colour from this collection. Their was one red 40s inspired suit, with a peplum waist – peplums appeared on many pieces. A few neutrals, steel blues, and grey features, but they were very few and far between.

Fur was featured heavily, with fur trims on coats, and fur stoles wrapped around models.

I loved the dresses that had ruffles cascading down the hip, and the strong silhouettes of most of the pieces. This collection will be a hit, regardless of the colour palette.

Oversize necklaces, feathered hair bands and long black leather gloves, were the main accessories for this collection.

Source

Who Wore Victoria Beckham Collection Better? Victoria Beckham or Selita Ebanks

Who Wore Victoria Beckham Collection Better? Victoria Beckham or Selita Ebanks

Runway To Launching "Reebok Top Down" - Leighton Meester In 3.1 Phillip Lim

Runway To Launching "Reebok Top Down" – Leighton Meester In 3.1 Phillip Lim

8 Responses to Lanvin Fall 2009

1. Ninabeena March 9, 2009 at 16:29 #

Call me crazy but are some of these models men? No, not joking I seriously want to know.

2. Fashion Critic March 9, 2009 at 16:32 #

The one in the red is Jamie Bochert and he is from Elite.

3. Sarah March 9, 2009 at 18:52 #

Woosh, I’m impressed! Love all of it. It’s so classy looking, but not plain! Awesome!

4. LILA March 9, 2009 at 20:29 #

Jamie Bochert is a she..she opened for Marc Jacobs last season after a couple of years of break from modelling..in fact some people thought that was a man in a drag..knowing the unusual choices Marc Jacobs sometimes makes. She’s got a pretty manly face but i guess that’s where her appeal is..
    Back to the collection..i can only say that i loved it! Elbaz stayed true to himself and to the shape he gave to the brand in these years..to make feel the women classy and feminine. The only thing i could object is that i’d have loved to see less furs on the runway.

5. Fashion Critic March 9, 2009 at 20:34 #

LOL, I would have sworn she was a man. Apologies to her.

6. jamie lynn March 10, 2009 at 00:40 #

i heart jamie bochert! (not just b/c she is another jamie ;p) she is very similar in facial features to patti smith–very masculine, so it’s an easy mistake!

7. Ninabeena March 10, 2009 at 02:09 #

Oh yes, the collection. Must have been distracted searching for adams apples to prove I am not crazy.
    LOVE THE WHOLE THING. Fur and muted colors and all. Love it.

8. whitestroke March 15, 2009 at 19:55 #

The only look that stood out to me was the one on Magdalena. (The last one in the first row.) And Siri’s nude dress is kinda growing on me, but that’s it.