05.03.09

Balmain Fall 2009

The Balmain Fall 2009 was one of the collections I was eagerly awaiting. Unfortunately it didn’t live up to expectations.

I hate criticizing designers, because I could never do their job, but there was nothing ground-breaking from this collection, and we have come to expect this from Balmain.

I felt more than a touch of de ja vu with a lot of the pieces, with the rise and fall hems, the padded shoulders, embellished mini dresses and sweet-heart necklines replace by pointy necklines. All very Spring 2009.

The pieces will look great on the red carpet, don’t get me wrong, but the only highlights from this collection for me were the electric blue pieces, Anja Rubik, Carmen Kass and Erin Wasson *girl crushes*.

Source
Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Katy Perry or Maribel Verdu

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Katy Perry or Maribel Verdu

10 Responses to Balmain Fall 2009

1. Valerie March 5, 2009 at 21:31 #

I love the leather jacket that model Natasha is wearing! so gorgeous

2. laurakitty March 5, 2009 at 22:41 #

Yeah, it’s hot but I’m so bored with this look already- I really don’t want to be seeing the exact same editorials in 8 months…

3. Anonymous March 5, 2009 at 22:52 #

I feel the same. I have to say i was a bit dissapointed with the whole Milan Fashion Week, most of the big names didn’t impress me at all, and now Paris Fashion Week didn’t start so well either, both Balenciaga and Balmain didn’t do the magic i expected.

Electra.

4. angel932 March 6, 2009 at 01:15 #

In the video there was a quick glimpse of a short stapless silver dress with a black ruffle(?) at the hem — GORGEOUS!

Also, that electic blue is wonderful – I SO hope the rest of the fashion world follows suit.

5. Nik March 6, 2009 at 03:12 #

I like it. Subtle.

I never really expect much from fall collections.

I am repelled by their footwear.

6. tehzeeb March 6, 2009 at 06:31 #

FC I LOVE you site!! and thats an understatement lol.. anyhoo i wanted to tell you that since u said a few posts ago that we should recommend some of the actors from our countires who wear these international designers…….well theres this actress sonam kapoor in india she just got dressed by chanel for an award show which is a first for an actress fromhere i really really hope u feature her in ur blog i havent been able to find any good pics of her in her chanel dress but that girls been wearin awsome clothes recently marc jacobs to chanel to evrything lol please please can u check this up:))….i tried mailing u regarding this but cudnt get through :S
    tc and i LOVEEEEE ur site lol ..im addicted!!!LOL

7. Fashion Critic March 6, 2009 at 10:17 #

tehzeeb, thanks for your kind words about my site.

I looked everywhere and could not find a picture. What was the name of the event.

8. thesil March 6, 2009 at 11:17 #

I totally agree with you. Same collection as last season.

xx from Spain

9. tehzeeb March 6, 2009 at 15:38 #

the name of the event is Filmfare awards (thats like the indian version of the oscars) and i kinda saw some of the pics from the website u once sourced a while ago, high heel confidential? yea thats the one and her name is sonam kapoor :)

10. whitestroke March 10, 2009 at 23:47 #

Utter crap. As usual.

Sorry for such harsh words, but he deserved it. I’m surprised to see most of the people catching up with it only now. I had nothing but deja vu with this man ever since he took over Balmain. He’s presenting same stuff over and over again. Even in the same show. You could definitely do his job, because he practically doesn’t do anything.