05.03.09

Balenciaga Fall 2009

There are 2 collections I have been waiting for all season. Balmain and Balenciaga.

I’ve been stalking Style.it all morning waiting for the pictures of the Balenciaga Fall 2009 collection to upload, and I wasn’t disappointed.

Nicolas Ghesquiere presented a luscious feminine collection of draped satin tulip skirts, paired with satin blouses, or silver shimmering long-sleeved tops with accentuated shoulders.

Pants also had a draped rippling effect along the hips, these were tapered and paired with tailored blazers which were belted with more satin.

Black lace bandeau’s, featured heavily, and were paired under black blazers, navy velvet blazers, and ivory and white blouses.

Prints were a surprise for me, but they worked well a blouses, but more so as dress, with puffy shoulders, asymmetrical skirts, ruched skirts and halters.

Of course Jennifer Connelly will be all over this collection, but I would hope to see more celebrities wear this collection.

Salma Hayek and her husband Francois-Henri Pinault were in the front row, along with Anna Wintour.

Source

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace - Late Show With David Letterman

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace – Late Show With David Letterman

Runway To The "Fortune Forum Summit" - Milla Jovovich In Roberto Cavalli

Runway To The "Fortune Forum Summit" – Milla Jovovich In Roberto Cavalli

9 Responses to Balenciaga Fall 2009

1. Cleopatra March 5, 2009 at 16:01 #

Agreed but very very few people can pull this off. its not wearable for most people.

2. aida March 5, 2009 at 16:30 #

I loved this, especially the tulip skirts. Those prints are a bit weird though.

Can I ask you how did you get an account at catwalking? That site is so confusing to me.

3. Fashion Critic March 5, 2009 at 16:33 #

Months of requesting via their site.

They only give accounts to those who write about fashion.

4. LILA March 5, 2009 at 19:03 #

As you said..i was looking forward for this show for so long and i really enjoyed what i saw. The collection was stunning: less futuristic and more wearable then the past ones. The prints and the accentuated shoulders are not new but i really liked the tulip skirts and the tailored pieces. Plus, i’m so happy Liya Kebede hopened!

5. alyss March 5, 2009 at 19:59 #

Ah, Balenciaga. Amazing as always.
    I love how Ghesquiere creates something new and exciting every season without "denying" Baneciaga's past collections.

But Balmain?
    I guess you've already seen it. (If not: http://www.style.it/cont/moda/sfilate/sfilate.aspx?stagione=155&stil=10429&tipo_ogg=0&ric=collezioni)
    I'm looking forward to read your opinion- for me it was just disappointing. Nice, of course. But anything new? Not at all. We've seen these trends already and we've seen it better- from Decarnin himself or other fashion houses.

6. Fashion Critic March 5, 2009 at 20:17 #

I was waiting for Catwalking, as the pictures are bigger.

I feel like you, but I will say why in my post.

7. Nik March 6, 2009 at 03:08 #

IS there a perfectly good reason why all the models were made to look like SWINTON!?!?!

So scary that I love it!

8. Nik March 6, 2009 at 05:42 #

If they gave these girls dreadlocks…they’d also look like Whoopi Goldberg.

9. Janie March 8, 2009 at 17:30 #

O my goodness i have died and gone to Metallic heaven! I confess. I have an obsession with all things silver , metallic and swishy if thats even a word! lol Lovely coverage. keep up the good work babe!