03.03.09

Prada Fall 2009

At first I didn’t love the Prada ‘Lace’ Fall 2008 collection, but after seeing it on the red carpet, it grew on me very quickly. Somehow I don’t even think Cate Blanchett can make me fall in love with the Prada Fall 2009 collection.

The are a few nice pieces here and there, like the finale studded dresses, and the leather trench coats, but overall, it wasn’t to my taste.

The thigh-high fly fishing boots were bizarrely matched with winter shorts, and I can’t see the Captain Caveman fur look, being worn by the most fashion forward magazine editors.

The colour palette consisted of black, rich reds, browns and mustards colour.

I can’t wait to see who can make this work.

Source

"Watchmen" LA Premiere

"Watchmen" LA Premiere

Christian Louboutin Marie Antoinette's

Christian Louboutin Marie Antoinette’s

12 Responses to Prada Fall 2009

1. Atelier March 3, 2009 at 18:09 #

I didnt like it neither, this collection has been prada`s worst…I expected a lot from miuccia, as she always has something groundbreaking yet beautiful to present. But this time everything went wrong since the boots, the shorts and those studded flappers..simply awful!
    the only pieces I like were the coats but I think I have seen them over and over again..
    Milan was such a let down, even Versace and Gucci were horrible…only Marni and Alessandro Dell`acqua worked for me..They showed beautiful pieces,and i mean EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL PIECES.

2. Zen of Fashion March 3, 2009 at 18:51 #

Fly-fishing boots? Come on… I am pretty sure that these will never arrive on any red carpet! Sorry Prada.

3. Dorian Gray March 3, 2009 at 20:30 #

Versace was GREAT! I’m waiting for your review! ;-)

4. Leo March 3, 2009 at 22:22 #

I’m not a big fan of Prada, but Miuccia is such an interesting designer. Plus, she always anticipates some kind of trend with her shows.

This collection is not her best but I don’t deslike it tottally. Celebrity wise, I think I can see Nicole Kidman pull some of the looks off. And Tilda also.

5. kat March 3, 2009 at 22:59 #

i know your very busy fc, but i recently tried on this gorgeous dress at cavalli and i cant seem to find the model picture of it as i wanted to do my own version of from the runway.

if you cant i understand i just came to seem to figure it out and i forgot to ask

6. Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 23:18 #

All the models in the photos look like transgender zombies, which does not show the line to good effect. Are these clothes designed for live women?

7. Gidget Bananas March 3, 2009 at 23:49 #

The coats were great, and I like some of the dresses and suits. Hate the shorts — they look like adult diapers. HATE!

8. angel932 March 4, 2009 at 01:16 #

File this under “What were they thinking?”

9. Anonymous March 4, 2009 at 09:37 #

or Prada needs Tom Ford!

10. Virgo March 4, 2009 at 13:43 #

Awgh, so much negativity! Look at the individual pieces… gorgeous, innovative, unique and forward! Don’t be distracted by the oversized wellingtons… it’s just a bit of styling to add some pizazz. Her unpredictable combination of fabrics and textures is second to none and the silhouette is to die for. I think this is one of her best collections for a while. Im saving my $$$ already. Dear Muccia, so inspiring!

11. Fashion Critic March 4, 2009 at 14:24 #

I am trying detect if you’re joking.

You gotta be kidding right? LOL ;)

12. Virgo March 5, 2009 at 00:33 #

haha no, honestly, i love it. Love your blog too btw. Its addictive! Keep up the good work. :)