03.03.09

Christian Louboutin Marie Antoinette’s

Despite the credit crunch, shoe designer Christian Louboutin has designed his latest pair of heels which cost $6,295/£3,975.

The shoes are inspired by Marie Antoinette, and Louboutin collaborated with embroiderer Jean-Francois Lesage, to create a capsule collection of yellow, pink and blue silk shoes.

For your money you will also receive a specifically constructed box in which to keep your very expensive heels, plus an accompanying illustrated book explaining how the intricately worked masterpieces were made.

Only 36 pairs have been made, and they will be sold via Louboutin’s Madison Avenue boutique.

I wonder who will be the first to wear these heels. My money is on Beyonce, because she was the first, sorry ONLY celebrity to be caught carrying that hideous £46,000 Louis Vuitton.

Source: Grazia

Prada Fall 2009

Prada Fall 2009

Who Wore Victoria Beckam Collection Better? Victoria Beckham or Heidi Klum

Who Wore Victoria Beckam Collection Better? Victoria Beckham or Heidi Klum

26 Responses to Christian Louboutin Marie Antoinette’s

1. robbie March 3, 2009 at 19:14 #

as much as i LOVE christian louboutin and his amazing shoes, these are butt ugly, cheap and tacky looking.

2. Cecily March 3, 2009 at 19:23 #

I’m a lover of Red, I guess that’s why I gravitate towards the pink. I love it, but I don’t know if I have the gut to wear it – even if I had the money. I’m looking forward to seeing this on the red carpet. :)I think Victoria Beckham may dare to wear it. :D

3. Elise March 3, 2009 at 19:25 #

I don’t know what to think of those shoes.
    They are a work of art but I don’t think they can be worn.

4. jamie lynn March 3, 2009 at 19:54 #

i can see Dita wearing them first. She loves Louboutin and these have a mix of kitsch and class that she could pull off.

5. Lauren March 3, 2009 at 20:03 #

These are gorgeous! Definatly a work of art. However I think if I was ever lucky enough to own a pair, I would never wear them through fear of wrecking them!

6. Ling March 3, 2009 at 20:10 #

These shoes would have looked a lot nicer and “wearable” if they didn’t have the creepy toy head thing on the ankle strap!

7. cecily March 3, 2009 at 20:17 #

do you think Oprah would wear it? She’s a louboutin fan. :D

8. Fashion Critic March 3, 2009 at 20:36 #

Jamie Lynn, I think you are right only Diat could pull these off.

Cecily, as Oprah is a whole Louboutin fan I can see her owning them, but like many people have said before, I see her keeping them in the box.

9. Rock*Star March 3, 2009 at 21:40 #

I agree with Lauren & Ling :)

10. Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 21:40 #

I think the shoes will look great if they are worn with the right clothing and without the ting on the ankle strap… these shoes are what you can call over the top

11. Freida fan March 3, 2009 at 22:18 #

im not sure how i feel about them… im sure they will look much better on some lucky celebs feet.

Nicole

12. Leo March 3, 2009 at 22:19 #

WTF?! I agree with you, Beyoncé would be the only fool, I mean, person to be seen wearing this. I like Laboutin and I think he comes up with some great shoes but this is just plain ugly and for that kind of money, I would so spend it on other pairs of Christian’s shoes.

13. WendyB March 3, 2009 at 23:07 #

I LOVE the face with the famous hairdo, complete with sailing ship! So fabulous! Of course, I love anything with a queenly historical reference. Out of all the over-the-top shoes I’ve been seeing lately, I think these are the only ones with a sense of humor and great craftsmanship. Otherwise it’s just been like people hurling crap at giant heels and saying it’s great. I remember when people where shocked by my Prada flower feet not long ago — those are conservative compared to the nuttiness designers are coming up with now.

14. Philippou March 3, 2009 at 23:15 #

I’d say Gwen Stefani could wear these.

15. Nik March 3, 2009 at 23:25 #

It looks like something my Aunt Lynn beddazzled in her basement (she bedazzles Purses too and dubbs herself as an “accesories designer”).

As a matter of fact, I think Louboutin might have stole this design from her except with my aunt’s shoes, it was called the Barbie and she used decapitated Barbie doll heads on the strap.

I feel a lawsuit coming on.

16. Gidget Bananas March 3, 2009 at 23:44 #

I think Louboutin has a sense of humor — these say “Let them buy shoes!” instead of “Let them eat cake!”

Or not.

17. Rimini March 4, 2009 at 08:20 #

LOL!!!Let them buy shoes!

I dont see B in them, I see Kate Perry! Gawd awful shoes for an appalling pricetag BUT maybe their just meant to be collectors items?

18. SARA March 4, 2009 at 11:06 #

Love the shoes they are very original!

19. boogie March 4, 2009 at 12:10 #

now find a dress to match those!!!!:))

20. Vlada March 4, 2009 at 14:57 #

That is one of the ugliest shoes I’ve ever seen. The hair made me giggle though.

21. symon March 4, 2009 at 22:42 #

plz beyonce don’t do that for the second time LMAO….
    these Christian louboutin are ugly

22. SWANKY-D March 5, 2009 at 04:03 #

I agree with Robby. It has no class at all, too busy around here and there..
    but fyi, beyonce didn’t buy that £46,000 Louis Vuitton bag but she did get it from Marc Jacobs… I read it in InStyle magz

23. Anonymous March 7, 2009 at 00:06 #

I think the shoes from the Kirsten Dunst movie are far prettier. If you wanted this kind of style though at a more affordable price you could try Irregular Choice shoes.

24. whitestroke March 10, 2009 at 22:47 #

Only pink ones look like they could work with a very simple outfit that doesn’t stand out much itself. Blue and yellow ones are completely ridiculous. I’d rather buy a dozen other shoes that give that kind of money for one pair of these.

25. Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 21:56 #

peace of art. beatifull shoe absolutlly amazing.

26. patrique May 17, 2009 at 02:34 #

I’m in love with M. Louboutin and Marie Antoinette, and would buy these in a heartbeat if I had the funds.