02.03.09

Social Events Of The Weekend

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2009 Front Row

Leave it to a supermodel to show us how fabulous the Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 collection can look. While the actresses in the VIP room were wearing safe options, Eva Herzigova wore the one of the many stand-out pieces, in the form of a scarlet red sheath dress, with voluminous quarterback shoulders.

Her fellow supermodel, Claudia Schiffer, wore a less in-ya-face colour, but picked the perfect accessories, to make her black on black ensemble from the Spring 2009 collection stand out.

“Phoebe In Wonderland” Screening, LA

Sporting longer and lighter locks, Eva Longoria supported her cast mate Felicity Hoffman at her movie screening.

Eva was ravishing in a scarlet one-shoulder Diane von Furstenberg sheath dress.

Felicity Hoffman matched Eva, in the bright colours stakes, by showing off a fabulous zest for fashion wearing this lemon Pamella Roland full skirted dress.

“A” and SKY Present 60′s Party Night, Milan

Although many would consider lace so last season, Eva Mendes truly worked lace to perfection in her over-the-knee, collared dress, which she accessorized with a gorgeous black patent belt, and sky-high platform Casadei pumps.

Dolce & Gabbana The Make Up, Milan

Scarlett Johansson arrived at this event wearing a leopard print Dolce & Gabbana trench, black cigarette trousers and grey booties.

During the photocall the actress whipped off her coat, to reveal a very pretty pink satin blouse.

“Keep Memory Alive” Gala, LA

Teri Hatcher shows off her svelte figure in a long black halter dress, with an embroidered breast panel, teamed with a matching black clutch and a gold cuff.

Hilary Duff seems to age in this black belted dress, with a fringed hem. Her look was complete with Givenchy Open Toe d’Orsay heels.

PADRES Contra El Cancer Benefit, LA

Wearing what appears to be a First Lady-inspired look, Eva Longoria matches her neutrals, wearing a beige shift Versace dress paired with matching beige Christian Louboutin heels.

Source

Freida Pinto For Cosmopolitan India March 2009

Freida Pinto For Cosmopolitan India March 2009

"Marley And Me" London Premiere - Jennifer Aniston In Burberry

"Marley And Me" London Premiere – Jennifer Aniston In Burberry

11 Responses to Social Events Of The Weekend

1. robbie March 2, 2009 at 19:26 #

eva and claudia, or probably the only people inculding freida to actually weat the dolce and gabbana dresses with style.

eva looking quite nice in that red dress, but its nothing really special.

felicity, looks great, nice to see her looking good.

eva m, looks nices, dress looks sexy and the shoes are to die for, but she needs to seriouslt work on her pout.

carlett, again looks bad, the blouse is cute, the rest is a mess, and those shoes are UGLY!

teri, hmmm okay but black and blah.

hilary, such a gorgeous girl, but such a ugly dress, her clutch is drool worthy though.

eva, its okay but it just seems to simple for eva, she always looks better in bright colours and patterns, i just see michelle obama in this.

2. Fashion Critic March 2, 2009 at 20:28 #

Thanks Daphne. :)

you’re paying more attention than I am ;)

3. Gaber March 2, 2009 at 20:37 #

I think Scarlett prays to god each and every single day that there aren’t more homos on this planet. Because if there were more people who could look past her boobs and ass, she’d be doing the dishes at the local Hooters.
    I love, love, LOVE her, but she is seriously kicking me in the nuts when I am down.
    So, so, SO bad!

4. cari March 2, 2009 at 20:58 #

Oh my goodness! Felicity Huffman looks beautiful! She is such a beautiful, classy lady.

Eva looks a bit news anchorish in Versace.

Ok, I’m going to unfurl my fashion neophyte flag:

Do celebrities pay for their dresses or do fashion designers dress them for free? If they have to pay for them, I’d imagine less famous actresss would have to pinch pennies just to be seen about town without wearing normal people clothes!

5. Fashion Critic March 2, 2009 at 21:44 #

I would say red carpet gowns and dresses are loaned 99.9% of the time.

Off-Duty clothes are usually gifts.

For example Kate Moss gets sent trucks loads of jeans every week, just in the hope that she wears the brand and they get worldwide recognition.

6. cari March 3, 2009 at 05:52 #

oh wow, how lucky! thanks, FC!

7. Vera March 3, 2009 at 10:28 #

Hilary Duff is wearing Givenchy shoes.

8. Fashion Critic March 3, 2009 at 11:09 #

thanks vera

9. Nik March 3, 2009 at 12:39 #

OMG Anne of Green Gables would kill for those puff sleeves eva is wearing.

10. whitestroke March 10, 2009 at 21:54 #

My fashion heart is still praying that one day I get to wear the runway version of Eva Herzigova's dress. I'm not a huge Dolce & Gabbana fan but I've been liking some of the more interesting fashion-forward stuff they made since Spring 2008. And that dress is one of my favorites from that collection.

Re what cari asked you, I was always bothered by that. I mean, if you're a star that gets paid millions of dollars per film, for example, you should be able to buy yourself a gown of few thousands of dollars. So why should you just borrow it, I know *I*'d like to have it and not just wear it and return it. Sending gifts bothers me even more, not just because it's not fair that those who can afford anything get stuff for free, but because if I had that kind of money I'd want to buy myself things that *I* want to wear. And not to wear things that some designers/stylists decided to send me. Maybe there's something ELSE from their collections I'd rather wear than that, I have my OWN taste thankyouverymuch. It's just stupid.