2009 Cesar Film Awards

I know some of you don’t like get Tilda Swinton, but I love her. What I don’t love however, is this look.

The only reason this Christian Lacroix Spring 2009 Couture gown worked on the runway, was because of the accessories, so not for the first time this year, I will have so say that I really don’t like this look on Tilda.

The gown itself is gorgeous with the colours and the embellished sleeves, but Tilda fails to make this work.

Diane Kruger, on the other hand, impresses in her Valentino Spring 2009 gown. In fact she looks absolutely outstanding.

The mustard gown has been lengthen – for the better – from the runway, but has retained the draping on the skirt, and the embellishments on the sheer bodice.

She completed the look with a small gold clutch, her hair styled in a loose up ‘do, and flawless make-up.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
9 Comments
Jennifer Aniston Goes Back To Black

Jennifer Aniston Goes Back To Black

In M.I.A.'s Closet - House Of Holland Polka Dot Dress

In M.I.A.’s Closet – House Of Holland Polka Dot Dress

9 Responses to 2009 Cesar Film Awards

1. Mia March 2, 2009 at 13:09 #

I absolutely love Diane’s dress here. She looks regal.

2. robbie March 2, 2009 at 13:29 #

i disagree with you, i think tilda looks amazing, its nice to see her in bright colours and not black, but i have to say it would have been nice to see some accessories on her.

diane looks fantastic, but im not liking that colour though.

3. alyss March 2, 2009 at 14:10 #

I don’t know why, but somehow I really like Tilda’s look, maybe just because it’s more colourful and, well more “Tilda” than her boring Berlin outfits.
    But for me she’s no comparison to Diane this time. There are only a few persons who could pull such a dress off, but she did it so well- as you would expect from a former model.

4. Ling March 2, 2009 at 15:04 #

I think Tilda’s dress would have looked a lot nicer without the sleeves … the sleeves matched the accessories on the runway but without them they look a bit odd.

5. DolceLorenzo March 2, 2009 at 15:07 #

Really? I think Tilda looks stunning. I absolutely love this dress ON HER.

6. Freida fan March 2, 2009 at 18:41 #

Diana loooks stunning as usual!!
    Tilda not so much. the simpler pieces work better for her.

Nicole

7. Leo March 2, 2009 at 20:32 #

I loved Tilda’s dress. She carried in a way only she could. It’s grand and dramatic and it’s fun, only she could make that work.

Also loved Diane, as usual, she looks fantastic, that’s an amazing look for her. That colour is just the right nude for her, it does not make her look washed out, it works so well against her skintone.

8. Parvati March 2, 2009 at 20:46 #

I think Diane Kruger’s dress looks better on the runway.

9. whitestroke March 10, 2009 at 20:53 #

Very different looks but they both look great in their own way.