27.02.09 Premiere

"Twilight" Japan Premiere – Kristen Stewart In Herve Leroux & Paule Ka

The Twilight movie promotion rolled onto Japan today, where the 3 main stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner attended the press conference, and movie premiere

For the premiere Kristen wore a one shoulder white silk jersey gown by Parisian couturier Herve Leroux.

I love the swept lines, and the chiffon skirt. This really is an elegant gown.

I know being a bit edgy is Kristen’s thing, but this gown really deserved for her to have swept her hair back in a bun, or an elegant updo.

Her wild hair kinda kills this look for me. It’s like day and night, the 2 just don’t go together.

Earlier in the day Kristen wore a very edgy Paule Ka black leather mini dress, with illusion straps, and a white origami detailed hem.

This is were her messy hair works, not on a couture gown.

Although the hem puts me off, this dress feels more like her style. She looks more comfortable here.

Source & Source

Penelope Cruz In Atelier Versace Spring 2009

Penelope Cruz In Atelier Versace Spring 2009

2009 Frick Collection Young Fellows Ball

2009 Frick Collection Young Fellows Ball

16 Responses to "Twilight" Japan Premiere – Kristen Stewart In Herve Leroux & Paule Ka

1. Lara February 27, 2009 at 19:27 #

I don’t know if it’s just because I’m a huge twilight fan but I really like Kristien Stewart’s style!! I agree about her hair though but what I like about her is that she never looks like some stylist is trying to rub a look off on her, what she wears always looks like she chose it and loves it. How about a feature on Robert Pattison’s style?! ;-) Just joking!

2. woodycakes February 27, 2009 at 20:12 #

I love Kristen, but i agree, the hair could be swept back with the gown. ;)

The black dress looked really good on her but i don't think she was too comfy in it, cause she changed to jeans after. So very Kristen! Thanks for posting on her! <3

3. MatteaAM February 27, 2009 at 20:20 #

i just wish she would do something different with her hair!!
    it just look really bad!!
    xD

4. nigritude.short February 27, 2009 at 20:29 #

lara,
    plus million to your suggestion. ha!
    love kris’ personal style, so agree on the white gown so not fits her.

5. drinkupthefashion February 27, 2009 at 21:08 #

i like kristen stewart, she’s so beautiful…but she really should do something with her hair. i think it’s just lazy to leave her hair like that. it looks like she washes it, sprays some mist in it or dabs some gel in and then lets it dry. putting it into a loose bun really wouldn’t have taken that much effort and would have been a nice new look.

6. Lauren February 27, 2009 at 21:59 #

Kristen looked so good in that gown, the colour looked gorgeous on her and it fitted her really well, so I really do wish she could have done something with her hair.

She looks great in the 2nd dress. The dress isnt as ice as the first but as you said she looks much more comfortable and it makes so much difference!

7. Allyson February 27, 2009 at 22:20 #

Definitely agree about the hair… Even a loose/messy high ponytail would have been better than this.

I like that she does her own thing but if she’s going to put on a gown like that, why not finish the look?

8. Moi February 27, 2009 at 23:17 #

I saw the Paul Ka dress on another site and I rushed here to see if you posted about it. I’m not disappointed! Thank you FC!!!!
    I really like the details on this dress though. You’re also right about the hair, I think she’s “not trying enough” but on purpose. She still young though, so I forgive her.

9. Mel February 28, 2009 at 00:02 #

hey,

In the post above, someone found the dress on a website. What was the website? I’ve been trying to find it all day. Can anyone help me?

10. Leo February 28, 2009 at 02:07 #

I agree with you on this. She looks messy for the first dress, it makes the look unpolished, but with the second dress that hair fits perfectly, it’s very rock chic. I don’t like her style very much, she is always looking like she needs to shower.

11. Flora February 28, 2009 at 10:13 #

The Herve Leroux dress looks very similar to the sheer white Gaultier gown Kylie Minogue wore to the Brit awards the other week, only Kylie pulled it off with a considerably greater degree of style and oomph. Kristen just looks uncomfortable. She should stick to the edgy mini dresses. Although having said that, this one is horrible…

Also, Taylor Lautner is a really stupid name. (irrelevant, but true!)

12. mila February 28, 2009 at 15:53 #

awwww,Twilight <3
    but i wanna see Robert,not her…:D

13. Anonymous March 1, 2009 at 03:27 #

? I like Taylor as a name. Don’t see how it’s stupid. Irrelevant, yes. True? That’s a matter of opinion.

Off topic but I was glad you put him in the frame as well as Kristen and Robert.

As for her messiness, I feel we’re going to be seeing that a lot. It was probably something just getting her into those dresses in the first place.

14. Anonymous March 1, 2009 at 08:42 #

I agree. The hair ruins that white gown! the gown is gorgeous~

15. whitestroke March 1, 2009 at 19:28 #

This is like Blake Lively. Only even worse.

She always seems like a type of girl who’s kicking and screaming while make-up artist and hair stylist are trying to do something with her look. Like “No no, I don’t want make up! This hair is my THING!” I know what I’m talking about. I’ve been there myself. *sigh*

16. Flora (not my real name but at least A name!) March 1, 2009 at 22:10 #

I would guess, Anonymous-who-doesn’t-think-Taylor-Lautner-is-a-stupid-name, that you are American, am I right? Outside of America, believe me, it IS a stupid name. I note that you haven’t put your name down either – maybe there’s a reason for that, eh?