27.02.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Marley & Me” Paris Photocall

I found it really funny that lot of you sent me the picture of Jennifer Aniston in this Balenciaga floral dress saying ‘OMG have you seen Jennifer Aniston wearing….?‘, and I share your shock.

This is now twice in a row, that the actress has brighten up the red carpet, in a colour other than black, and doesn’t she glow?

OK the brown suede Christian Louboutin Orlan double platform T-straps booties, wouldn’t be my choice to wear with a floral dress, neither would the tights, but I don’t want to criticize her too much, incase she reverts back to black.

2009 Bent on Learning Benefit, New York

It’s not usual for us to see Gwyneth Paltrow wearing such a deep berry shade lipstick, but it worked perfectly with her burgundy Jasmine di Milo one-shouldered dress.

Gwynie looks really vibrant in this dress, like she is ready to have a good time at this event. Usually I get a duty vibe from her, but not on this occasion.

She completed her look with Roger Vivier shoes and clutch.

“Good to Great Hair” Book Launch, LA

Debra Messing has recently gone through a stylist switch, after Rachel Zoe wasn’t doing her justice. Saying that I’m not sure this Bottega Veneta Spring 2009 leather belted dress is doing her any favours either.

I think the square cut neckline makes her appear broader than she is, as do those extra pieces of leather on each side.

Something more streamlined, would have suited Debra much better.

Salma Hayek’s choices continue to go downhill. The gypsy skirt is so wrong for her.

Source

Who Wore Black Halo Better? Taraji P. Henson, Debra Messing, Lisa Rinna, Britney Spears or Aubrey O'Day

Who Wore Black Halo Better? Taraji P. Henson, Debra Messing, Lisa Rinna, Britney Spears or Aubrey O’Day

In Cheryl Cole's Closet - Alexander McQueen Tee

In Cheryl Cole’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Tee

14 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Danika February 27, 2009 at 12:09 #

Wow Gwyneth looks stunning, hair, make-up, dress, shoes all work amazingly well for her. She looks so youthful!

2. antoneLLina February 27, 2009 at 12:49 #

i totally agree with every words written by danika! gwyneth is simply fawless…
    i like salma ensamble too!i think that it workson her!

3. Ling February 27, 2009 at 13:55 #

To be honest I’m not that wowed by Jennifer … probably because I was expecting more from Balenciaga but then again I’m not surprised since it is just Jennifer Aniston after all – she’s not exactly going to wear something fierce and edgy a la Jennifer Connelly is she??

4. Fashionist February 27, 2009 at 14:25 #

Gwynnie looks great; simple but bold. I think Salma Hayek’s look is spoiled by a bad photo angle but Debra Messing just looks awful. That dress looks like it’s from the DFS sale.

5. Parvati February 27, 2009 at 16:23 #

I really hope we’re going to see more colour from Jennifer Aniston in the future and that her Valentino dress at the Oscars was just the beginning!

By the way, I have a question about the Louboutins she’s wearing: aren’t these the same booties worn at Roland Mouret’s last Fall/Winter collection?

6. Anonymous February 27, 2009 at 16:41 #

To defend Jennifer Aniston’s tights!
    FC! she couldnot let go of black completely,something had to be done
    lol!

7. Freida fan February 27, 2009 at 18:19 #

the only look that i like is Gwyneth.
    i truthfully dont like jen aniston’s look but i guess its better than black.
    Debra has been a hot mess lately.

8. k February 27, 2009 at 18:24 #

Has Debra left Rachel Zoe? I thought People in their stylewatch piece said that Zoe hadn’t lost any clients and they’d spoken to Messing’s reps among others.

9. Montreal Fashion Minds February 27, 2009 at 20:14 #

Jen looks great! The blue in her dress, really brings out her eyes! As for Debra – very unflattering. And Salma – just not workin for her!

~ Montreal Fashion Minds ~

10. Moi February 27, 2009 at 23:23 #

I don’t know, I don’t really like those. Yeah it’s a nice change for Jennifer Aniston but the print is too busy for me. For Gwyneth, I don’t know, I think she really looks tired and those colors she choose for her lips/dress accentuate this. Regarding Debra Messing and her leather dress, anyway, do you know what happened between her and Rachel Zoe? I’m curious .

11. Leo February 28, 2009 at 02:11 #

I’m in love with Gwyneth here, that colour makes wonders to her.

12. whitestroke March 1, 2009 at 19:10 #

Floral, black and brown… Oh Jennifer, will you ever get it right?
    I’m really trying to pay her a compliment, but she’s making it so hard.

I think Debra needs that dress in a smaller size. Although, those leather dresses were my least fav part from that collection to begin with.
    I love love LOVE those Bottega Veneta shoes, though.

13. Tamia April 22, 2011 at 18:25 #

FC-what a head f#$k!is it me or does Gwyneth look exactly like a blone christy turlington in that first picture of her?never noticed they look so similiar!

• Fashion Critic April 22, 2011 at 19:45 #