Runway To "Live!" Rome Premiere – Eva Mendes In Oscar de la Renta

Last year, many of you criticized Eva Mendes’ style. Your comments were that she never took enough risks, and always had same style.

Because Eva always looked amazing, I focused on that. But seeing her wearing this Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2009 full-skirted dress, I am going to have to start agreeing with you.

This black dress with a floral printed detail, is not taking a risk, it’s a very safe choice.

What I do love though are her black Casadei pumps, which are very distinctive by the platform.

For the photocall earlier in the day, Eva wore a pink Peter Som sheath dress, which has a touch of de ju vu about it, right down to the pockets, with another pair of Casadei pumps, this time in silver.

Yes she looks amazingly beautiful, but this is nothing we haven’t seen before, and like you, I’m now wishing she would shake it up a little.

Source & Source

6 Comments
In Cheryl Cole's Closet - Alexander McQueen Tee

In Cheryl Cole’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Tee

In Michelle Trachtenberg Closet - Catherine Malandrino

In Michelle Trachtenberg Closet – Catherine Malandrino

6 Responses to Runway To "Live!" Rome Premiere – Eva Mendes In Oscar de la Renta

1. tjtaylor February 27, 2009 at 15:34 #

I just love, love, love these pumps. These Casadei pumps really stand out with the style of both dresses. I know I’ve seen this style shoe before but it really stands out here.

2. fashionist February 27, 2009 at 16:40 #

I agree, those outfits are cute but the shoes are kick-ass

3. Freida fan February 27, 2009 at 18:08 #

thosee shoes are stunning!!!
    i like the second dress much better than the first but yeah we have def seen this knda look on her before. atleast it works for her but lets see if she switches it up in the future.

4. drinkupthefashion February 27, 2009 at 21:21 #

she looks amazing, and that’s all that matters to me. i’d rather have her dress like this than be all over the place-one day a rocker chick, one day in a princess gown, one day in a 40s inspired look, one day in a classic hollywood look, next day in a t shirt and jeans, next day in a bollywood look. that would be so unsettling, and if she jumped around too much even you would complain.

in addition to loving her flawless style i love her shoes. beautifffullll.

5. StylistaGuru February 28, 2009 at 06:02 #

HER SHOES :)
    Thats my Cuban girl!

6. whitestroke March 1, 2009 at 19:16 #

How is possible to make such a full-skirted dress with giant floral print so boring? It even looks wonky around her waist. It’s like Jessica Biel all over again. D: