Runway To "Australia" Japan Premiere – Nicole Kidman In Prada

On most actress black would be a safe choice, but on Nicole Kidman it’s a refreshing break from all those L’Wren Scott white dresses she’s been wearing recently.

Nicole joined her co-star Hugh Jackman in Tokyo today, for the premiere of Australia.

She looked really elegant wearing in a black fringed flapper-style Prada Pre-Fall 2009 dress, with a stunning waterfall of sequins cascading down the front of the dress, and pom-pom-esqe shoulders.

While the dress glittered, Nicole wore minimal make-up, and had her hair swept back into a tight bun.

Nicole seems to have watered the dress down a lot from the runway, as her dress appears to be shorter – or she’s much taller than the model – and she’s not worn the dress with the jeweled ribbon sash – which for me makes the dress.

Nicole sparked rumours that she’s pregnant at this premiere, by holding her stomach. I normally don’t get into these “is she, isn’t she?” debates, but there is no denying a slight bump from the side.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Atelier Versace Spring 2009

Atelier Versace Spring 2009

Who Wore Black Halo Better? Taraji P. Henson, Debra Messing, Lisa Rinna, Britney Spears or Aubrey O'Day

Who Wore Black Halo Better? Taraji P. Henson, Debra Messing, Lisa Rinna, Britney Spears or Aubrey O’Day

12 Responses to Runway To "Australia" Japan Premiere – Nicole Kidman In Prada

1. Daphne February 27, 2009 at 02:53 #

It really is refreshing to not see another L’Wren Scott. I seriously can’t stand the look though. It’s way to harsh for her. I think she is pregnant too, but to really hide the bump, thak extra top layer should have come down a bit further. When I first saw the dress, I was thinking Jil Sander

2. kim February 27, 2009 at 04:30 #

thankfully shes not wearin a white l’wren scott dress again.

anyway FC, you know how you have us vote for best dressed of the week? you hshould have worst dressed of the week aslo. that would be cool

-kim

3. robbie February 27, 2009 at 05:05 #

she looks amazing, nice to see her in something other than white.

but i do wish she would wear higher heels, i know it is strange but she always wears really small heels.

i do hope she is pregnant.

4. A*mused February 27, 2009 at 05:16 #

I’m not a big fan of this dress on Nicole, but I like the detail and how it catches the light.

I am planning a photo shoot at the moment actually to highlight the timelessness and variations one can achieve within the realms of the LBD… this is an example that I would love to get my hands on!
    Exx

5. MatteaAM February 27, 2009 at 09:07 #

do you really think she could be pregnant? look back at oscar pics…she doesnt really look like she has a baby-bump…
    be, i guess well see in couple of months…i know shed be thrilled ^^
    xD

6. Flora February 27, 2009 at 11:04 #

Look at every single pic of her, from EVERY OTHER premiere she attends – she always stands like that, with the hands folded in front of her stomach. She’s not pregnant, it’s just how she poses!

7. FLora February 27, 2009 at 11:06 #

Oh, forgot to ask – did you see the pics of Gwyneth at a charity gala in NY yesterday in a maroon one-shoulder dress? It looks a bit Calvin Klein to me – any ideas?

8. Vlada February 27, 2009 at 13:33 #

I don’t like the dress on her and the pained-looking face is distracting.

9. Parvati February 27, 2009 at 16:13 #

I agree with Flora, Nicole Kidman always poses like this, with her hands holding her stomach.

10. Parvati February 27, 2009 at 16:15 #

Oh, and for Robbie’s comments: She always wears small heels because she’s quite tall and high heels would make her look taller than the men who are standing next to her, which would be rather awkward.

11. Belle February 27, 2009 at 16:23 #

I love the dress and how she looks in it. I think she deserves to be nominated for best dressed of the week.

12. whitestroke March 1, 2009 at 19:01 #

This dress needs an edgier shoe.