Penelope Cruz In Atelier Versace Spring 2009

As some of you pointed out, a piece from the Atelier Versace Spring 2009 collection was actually worn at the Oscars.

Penelope Cruz wore this one-shouldered white gown, with silver detailing, and a thigh-high split, when she arrived at the Vanity Fair party with her well deserved Oscar.

I much prefer this to her previously worn Oscar gown, which I know a lot of you loved, but it was very bridal-esqe to me.

I’m dying to see more pieces from this collection on the red carpet. Some said it would be perfect for the Cannes Film Festival and I totally agree, I just don’t want to wait that long.

Source
& Source

In Michelle Trachtenberg Closet - Catherine Malandrino

In Michelle Trachtenberg Closet – Catherine Malandrino

"Twilight" Japan Premiere - Kristen Stewart In Herve Leroux & Paule Ka

"Twilight" Japan Premiere – Kristen Stewart In Herve Leroux & Paule Ka

7 Responses to Penelope Cruz In Atelier Versace Spring 2009

1. Freida fan February 27, 2009 at 18:06 #

soo pretty!! i liked both but this one is less bride i agree… she is radiant in white .. why she wore all that black i dont know!

2. fashionist February 27, 2009 at 18:22 #

This dress is beautiful. I much prefer it to the ballgown she wore at the show but then I am a simple girl with simple tastes.

3. Ling February 27, 2009 at 18:29 #

The sketch of this dress looks like it had more silver details on the front … would have probably made it look a little more interesting than the version Penelope’s wearing!

4. Moi February 27, 2009 at 23:18 #

I like it and you’re right about the less bridal feeling but the thing is that is doesn’t really look couture to me, we don’t see the details about the veil for example :(

5. Leo February 28, 2009 at 02:08 #

I think she wore this well. I do like the Balmain ball gown she had on earlier for the awards better, but this is a nice look for her. She looks fantastic in white.

6. Parvati February 28, 2009 at 13:41 #

I definitely prefer this to the Balmain gown!

I agree that the Atelier Versace collection will be great for the Cannes film festival and it will also be perfect for this year’s Costume Institute Gala! I can’t wait!

7. whitestroke March 1, 2009 at 19:22 #

Oh go ahead and pick the most boring gown from the collection, why don’t you?! Typical Penelope. I really love her (as an actress and a person, I mean!) but her style as of late frustrates me.

Well, maybe now that the least interesting dress (in MY opinion!) is out of the way, we can excitingly wait for the rest to appear on the red carpet. :D