27.02.09

2009 Frick Collection Young Fellows Ball

I’m drooling.

I really really really LOVE Lake Bell, and seeing her in this one-shouldered orange Monique Lhuiller Pre-Fall 2009 gown, with a floral appliqué skirt makes me melt.

The colour is outstanding on her, and the lack of make-up fills me with nothing but jealously. Life’s just not fair.

Ivanka Trump opted for a very dreamy beige Monique Lhuiller Spring 2009 strapless gown, that had a ruffled skirt, and a contrast sash tied to the waist.

The colour is so buttery against her skin.

Katrina Bowden wore an asymmetrical satin aqua draped gown, which had a knotted detail on the hip.

I’m not crazy about the half-up, half down hairstyle, but the gown looks fantastic on her.

Monique Lhuillier of course wore her own designs.

This strapless teal gown is from her Spring 2009 collection.

I feel like the dress is missing something. Maybe the lack of bling is throwing me.

Tinsley Mortimer is wearing the yellow version of the Christian Dior Spring 2009 dress, which Jessica Alba wore to the Film Independents Spirits Awards.

I love the dress, but I really don’t like her choice of clutch.

Source

"Twilight" Japan Premiere - Kristen Stewart In Herve Leroux & Paule Ka

"Twilight" Japan Premiere – Kristen Stewart In Herve Leroux & Paule Ka

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

11 Responses to 2009 Frick Collection Young Fellows Ball

1. Freida fan February 27, 2009 at 20:26 #

Lake Bell is stunning!!! wow favourite look of them all.

2. drinkupthefashion February 27, 2009 at 21:00 #

lake bell looks nice but i am absolutely loving ivanka trump here. she looks so good, this is one of the best looks she has ever had.

i like the dress on tinsley mortime and the clutch looks cute, but not with the dress. i like her bangs too.

3. Dana February 27, 2009 at 21:08 #

eww lake bell needs makeup, girll.

4. Daphne February 27, 2009 at 21:59 #

Couldn’t have said it better! Tinsley would hve looked gret if it weren’t for the purse. She also seriously needs to get new shoes. She wears those damn YSL’s with everything. Even back to the time when she wore the pink Dior Fll 2008 dress. From one Dior lusting girl to another, Step it up!

5. Moi February 27, 2009 at 23:14 #

I feel Lake Bell should have worn some make-up, having a beautiful red fierce gorgeous dress and doing no make-up is a little weird for me. It’s funny 3 out of 4 girls choose a Monique Lhuillier dress for this ball.

6. Alison February 28, 2009 at 02:29 #

The problem with Lhullier’s dress is that it looks like a bridesmaid’s dress.

Such a shame, I normally love her stuff.

7. snippet February 28, 2009 at 05:02 #

Monique is really pretty but I find her hair to be really flat and boring in that picture. A nice updo and a statement necklace would have really made that look.

8. Ling February 28, 2009 at 11:37 #

Close up Lake Bell looks gorgeous and so natural, but in the full length shot she looks a bit tired so some makeup would have looked nice. A smile would have been good too :)

9. whitestroke March 1, 2009 at 19:38 #

Lake Bell – Lovely. What more to say…?
    Ivanka Trump – That’s one of my fav dresses from Monique Lhuillier Spring 2009. I was hoping for someone more interesting than Ivanka to wear it, to be completely honest.
    Monique Lhuillier – The same applies here. That was ALSO one of my fav dresses from that collection, and I expected to see it on someone more interesting than Monique herself. Sorry to say. And I think what’s missing is that red necklace from the runway. LOL I really think that contrasting detail goes so well with this gown.
    Tinsley Mortimer – I actually find this combo of yellow and purple quite interesting.

10. Ariel November 3, 2009 at 15:54 #

Katrina Bowden is wearing Alberta Ferretti.
    …Thought Id let you know. :)

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2009 at 16:01 #

Thanks I will update when back in front of my pc